Gordon big mma weakness = body shots?

Human Bass

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He has a major stomach problem that according to himself aches a lot everyday.

So, if his opponen is not dumb (a big if in mma), could body shots make mma too hard for Gordon? Being the stomach, center of the abdomen, front kicks and straight punches would be more effective

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2Fd45f0b945e7390afdb55b3c1bec911aa.png

https://fb.watch/5yodCXtcOG/

has Gordon mentioned what the issue is exactly? just curious

looks like Overeem caught Brock in the liver. not many mortals can take a kick like that
Yes. I forgot the name, but the main symptom is extremely low digestion. He talks in details in the Joe Rogan podcast.

It’s my understanding it’s an issue because his stomach gets backed up. It’s probably not going to be backed up if he’s cutting weight. But hey who knows.

I imagine he is vulnerable everywhere as long as he is standing. Unless he has been secretly putting years into striking and/or plans to just fight BJJ guys who also have no standup experience.

He mentioned gastroparesis. The TLDR is your intestines normally produce signals that cause food to move through the stomach -> SI -> colon (typically during fasting) but in his case that’s not happening so food isn’t moving along the tract and getting backed up. Probably not fun to fight with, but diverticulitis would be more dangerous theoretically since diverticula can outright rupture and cause awful consequences.

Lets be real Gordon is never doing an mma fight. Id rather see him fight Aoki than grapple him lmao

Yeah, I mean who the heck cares at this point about Gordon grappling this kind of opponents? He's just gonna do Aoki whatever the hell he does want.

I feel like USADA would be his biggest weakness.

Probably why he went to ONE - he can crush cans, have his choice of PEDs and never really have to face an actual threat in mma (if he doesn't want to).

His first match is a grappling match with Shinya - that tells you how serious he is about actually being an mma fighter.

Said on Instagram that he can't compete anymore indefinitely due to his stomach being too fucked up.

Well, if even grappling is hard to train now, i guess his mma career is dead

Kickboxing in general would have been the biggest weakness.

Body shots being a problem assumes he'd be able to successfully defend his head against strikes.

I'd still like to see Danaher get together with Trevor Whitman for a series where John "solves" mma kickboxing and talks about using feints to generate kazushi.

Kickboxing in general would have been the biggest weakness.

Body shots being a problem assumes he'd be able to successfully defend his head against strikes.

I'd still like to see Danaher get together with Trevor Whitman for a series where John "solves" mma kickboxing and talks about using feints to generate kazushi.
Think he’s working on self defense and mma series in future.

Back