Gordon Ryan is the greatest grappler of all time

Time to put the pajamas on Gordon . If you’re not gonna do mma , then challenge yourself at least and do gi. And LOL at Gordon coming at Andre like he was gonna slap him . Andre actually has mma experience and can punch a little bit . In a real fight , Andre clocks Andres awkward stand up ass.

He did slap him and Andre backed down immediately...

this closes the book on andre competing again, he won't go against gordon in any ruleset. it's all grandstanding and attention seeking from andre here on out

He is a giant dick for posting photos mocking homeless people on his Instagram, but he is the greatest grappler of all time.

In No Gi he's absolutely phenomenal. I saw him at purple belt at 16 tap a black belt in less than 2 minutes on the ground. Being part of RGA/RABJJ we heard rumors very early on in his career of his dominance in the room. Stars of the BJJ world would visit the blue basement/RGA NYC and gordon was tapping them left and right. It was kept pretty hush out of respect for the visiting guests and whatnot but most of us knew his potential very early on in his career.

I would really like to see the super fight, it be good for grappling in general, whether you're ATOS or DDS. Love him or hate him Gordon is a star and has brought a lot of attention and money to the mats. His social media rants alone get people fired up and put asses in seats. He has called out Andre for quite some time now and still no match has been set.

IMHO the longer Andre waits the worse the outcome of the match will be. Nearing 40 years old is no easy task to even be on the mats, let alone take on a 25 year old who might not even be in his prime. Andre should of taken that fight years ago, made some money, and if he lost it would be a passing of the torch moment. NO ONE would think less of him or deny his greatness. If he won than he would solidify his place as the best no gi grappler of all time. Win/Win for ATOS. Grappling needs more of these super fights like we saw last night. Hopefully Andre will finally agree to the match at some point.

Let me know when his full resume looks like Mendes bros, MG, or Roger, then we'll talk. Until then sit down and educate yourself

He basically did make it to the top. He fought in the DREAM Grand Prix. Pretty big deal.
well, i meant in the sense that he was never a champion in a major organisation. his career ended before it really got started, which i always thought was a bit of a shame.

but he did focus on jiu jitsu after that and had an amazing run, so it's not all for nothing.

well, i meant in the sense that he was never a champion in a major organisation. his career ended before it really got started, which i always thought was a bit of a shame.

but he did focus on jiu jitsu after that and had an amazing run, so it's not all for nothing.
Yeah, I agree on all counts. I thought he did deserve that win against, was it McKee...? The wrestler who wouldn't tap to Galvao's submissions, but whom Galvao had in a number of fully extended holds.

Yeah, I agree on all counts. I thought he did deserve that win against, was it McKee...? The wrestler who wouldn't tap to Galvao's submissions, but whom Galvao had in a number of fully extended holds.
jason high?

i remember being disappointed with the decision. maybe i'm misremembering, but i think i had galvao winning the decision. but i was obviously biased and i do know he gassed pretty badly.

i think fighting at 170 was also pretty taxing for him. when he went back to jiu jitsu, he got cartoonishly big and it seemed to work for his style.

fair enough, maybe saying he is the greatest submission grappler would be better, more specific

Yes. No gi for sure but not all around best grappler . Theres guys who are good in both gi and no gi. Guys who won addcc and gi worlds .

jason high?

i remember being disappointed with the decision. maybe i'm misremembering, but i think i had galvao winning the decision. but i was obviously biased and i do know he gassed pretty badly.

i think fighting at 170 was also pretty taxing for him. when he went back to jiu jitsu, he got cartoonishly big and it seemed to work for his style.
Jason High, that's it. Yeah, it seemed to me that he had him in a bunch of dominant positions and had him in fully extended submissions a number of times, while High didn't really do anything that substantial, other than get on top a few times maybe. Like you, I'm not sure how good my memory is serving me.

Jason High, that's it. Yeah, it seemed to me that he had him in a bunch of dominant positions and had him in fully extended submissions a number of times, while High didn't really do anything that substantial, other than get on top a few times maybe. Like you, I'm not sure how good my memory is serving me.
i went and rewatched the fight.

high dropped him in the first round, but then galvao swept him and twisted him into a pretzel for the majority of the round. second round, high tagged him a few times, with galvao landing one or two really big shots, but jason really outlanded him.

close fight, i'm not sore about the decision. high finished stronger, he had his man hurt, he probably deserved it. but galvao did put him through the grinder on the mat in the first.

i went and rewatched the fight.

high dropped him in the first round, but then galvao swept him and twisted him into a pretzel for the majority of the round. second round, high tagged him a few times, with galvao landing one or two really big shots, but jason really outlanded him.

close fight, i'm not sore about the decision. high finished stronger, he had his man hurt, he probably deserved it. but galvao did put him through the grinder on the mat in the first.
Gotcha, sounds like it was pretty close either way. As a guy with a grappling background, I might've been biased towards the guy who was getting strong submission attempts.

but No-Gi seems more pure than GI, especially in a real world scenario

i feel like their are too many manipulation tricks with the GI, i think No-GI expresses greater BJJ ability to be honest

I used to Bounce with a guy that trained Judo when I was wrestling in college. He tossed guys using thier jackets in ways that I couldn't lol

Back