GOTY 2022 Announced; Total War: Warhammer III

Right on time.TWWH2 is 66% off. Seems like Ill take the plunge. The TW series has never quite grabbed me. I start it up and get in the middle of it and its a bit cumbersome and overwhelming. Hoping this is the one.

I think I may have spent the most money on getting all the add-ons to the Warhammer Total War games. This probably won't be any different. I'm looking forward to it

It depends what lord you are using. Some lords at beasts in melee and can kill a whole army by themselves. Tyrion is one of those. Others are magic casters and some are archers, but all of them are pretty strong at fighting basic units in some way for the most part.

Malekith is a bit of a hybrid, he has really strong spells but he can also hold his own in a fight especially when he levels up and gets his dragon. Once he gets his dragon he's pretty busted. Dragon breath attacks can wipe out multiple enemy units at once with one blast if you get them clumped up right AND buff his fighting ability on the ground too.

It's not like the other total war games where you're trying to keep your general from getting killed the whole time. Your lord should be a major part of actually killing the enemy in this game.
Yeah that’s true, and even more so when you’re playing the game on hard and the ai is using them... some of them are so op in the hands of the computer it pisses me off when I have to fight them. Tyrion is one of the worst. Absolute worst though is probably that fuck Malus who switched to demon form and heals all the way after he wrecked your army already

They really milked the fuck outta that licence, huh. Hopefuly this means we can get Medieval 3 in a couple of years finally.

I mean they’ve said it since the first game they intended to do a trilogy

Right on time.TWWH2 is 66% off. Seems like Ill take the plunge. The TW series has never quite grabbed me. I start it up and get in the middle of it and its a bit cumbersome and overwhelming. Hoping this is the one.

was never into these strategy games, found them to much. Got twwh2 on sale and man did i fall for it, ended up buying a ton of DLC and spending hours on the game. Def recommend if you a bit interested.

They really milked the fuck outta that licence, huh. Hopefuly this means we can get Medieval 3 in a couple of years finally.
Not really. Everything that they’ve released for them has been high quality and added plenty of replay hours to the game. The average person that likes this game has probably dumped hundreds and hundreds of hours into.

It’s also way more fun and cool than Medieval 3 could be

I lean towards 40k and I was disappointed in Vermintide 2, but you guys sold me on getting this.

I lean towards 40k and I was disappointed in Vermintide 2, but you guys sold me on getting this.
Loot system was pretty trash in Vermintide 2 and that kind of killed the replay value. Otherwise I thought it was good and I had a lot of fun playing it with some friends

I hope they port the dualing system gorm Total war three kingdoms comes over. Duals are super super ultra important in warhammer

hvvb.gif

I enjoy the Total Warhammer games quite a lot. I've put hundreds of hours into them. But I would love an Total War 1850 - 1920 era game, With WW1 being the showcase.

I enjoy the Total Warhammer games quite a lot. I've put hundreds of hours into them. But I would love an Total War 1850 - 1920 era game, With WW1 being the showcase.

That sounds cool. Did you ever play the Steel Division? Some pretty deep and interesting WW2 gameplay (obviously not your chosen timeframe, but still) and an absurd amount of units and strategies. The second one is so robust, it's probably advisable to play the first one first, since there's no tutorial, or wasn't when I last played it.

Fooking love Total War. Played it way more than even Stellaris.

That sounds cool. Did you ever play the Steel Division? Some pretty deep and interesting WW2 gameplay (obviously not your chosen timeframe, but still) and an absurd amount of units and strategies. The second one is so robust, it's probably advisable to play the first one first, since there's no tutorial, or wasn't when I last played it.

Fooking love Total War. Played it way more than even Stellaris.
WW1 and WW2 are great time periods (for a game probably not in real life) I'd be happy with either. WW1 however I think would fit closer to the Total War style. I've played a bit of Steel Division and Company of Heroes but for me it's the world conquering and the diplomacy I really enjoy not the combat. Games like Heart of Iron is way to complicated for a retard like me.

30 minute gamplay reveal (Actual gameplay around the 11min mark)

Back