Great Deals Thread

There's a part of me that knows I don't NEED anymore pistols (2 separate 1911s and a Glock 23 that's been converted to 9mm) but a part of me that ALSO really REALLY wants a P226 and another 1911 and a Gen 3 G34 to John Wick...

Why? Cause this is America.

There's a part of me that knows I don't NEED anymore pistols (2 separate 1911s and a Glock 23 that's been converted to 9mm) but a part of me that ALSO really REALLY wants a P226 and another 1911 and a Gen 3 G34 to John Wick...

It doesn't matter what you have, there is always new cool things to buy lol

LWRC di $999

lwrcicdir5b16e_1_2.jpg

https://www.gunbuyer.com/lwrc-ic-di-gi-223-rem-5-56nato-16-1-barrel-30-1-icdir5b16e.html

GB also has the Mossberg 590 for $300. I can't decide between that and the cheaper Maverick 88.

GB also has the Mossberg 590 for $300. I can't decide between that and the cheaper Maverick 88.
Both are good guns. I have a Maverick 88 that is an absolute workhorse for me. It's the one I grab when going skeet shooting with some buddies (somebodies semi-auto always has issues) or if I want to do some "tactical" shooting at the farm. The 590 is a better gun, but it would be $120ish more than the Maverick. IMO, get the Maverick 88 security/field combo so you can go the home defense route or a hunting route.

Both are good guns. I have a Maverick 88 that is an absolute workhorse for me. It's the one I grab when going skeet shooting with some buddies (somebodies semi-auto always has issues) or if I want to do some "tactical" shooting at the farm. The 590 is a better gun, but it would be $120ish more than the Maverick. IMO, get the Maverick 88 security/field combo so you can go the home defense route or a hunting route.
Only thing is I'm a lefty.
Aren't 88s made in Mexico too?

Only thing is I'm a lefty.
Aren't 88s made in Mexico too?
As far as being a lefty, the shells will eject in front of your face which may or may not be annoying. You can buy a left hand ejecting pump shotgun if it is a big issue for you. You would probably have to order one from a FFL because I doubt many stores keep them in stock.

The last I read was the Mavericks are assembled in Texas, but some of the parts come from Mexico.

As far as being a lefty, the shells will eject in front of your face which may or may not be annoying. You can buy a left hand ejecting pump shotgun if it is a big issue for you. You would probably have to order one from a FFL because I doubt many stores keep them in stock.

The last I read was the Mavericks are assembled in Texas, but some of the parts come from Mexico.
The shells ejecting has never bothered me. I just like having the safety on top with easy access to either thumb.

On the topic of shotguns...what do y'all think about the Shockwave? Legitimate for home defense or just a range toy?

On the topic of shotguns...what do y'all think about the Shockwave? Legitimate for home defense or just a range toy?
I've never personally shot one, but a friend has one and he says it's not that fun to shoot. I don't think it would be an ideal home defense gun, but it would definitely get the job done. If you were to aim the gun then you would have to extend the gun outward thus negating the benefits of the shortness. I see it more as a backpack gun or a gun that fits in a specific small space in your house i.e. under a sink.

Get a glock 35 upper, then you can put a drop in 9mm conversion barrel. It's what I did.

Back