Great Deals Thread

Lately I started practicing again and suddenly my two favorite guns are these two:

It occurred to me I need to dig up which outfits do hard chroming so I can get the 45 refinished.

I believe I'll have them leave the hammer, trigger, magwell, safety, beavertail and slide release black to give a bit of tone. sorta like this: (minus the goofy grips)

d4370e5341af3de35666d96f5af3cb5c.jpg

Lately I started practicing again and suddenly my two favorite guns are these two:

It occurred to me I need to dig up which outfits do hard chroming so I can get the 45 refinished.

I believe I'll have them leave the hammer, trigger, magwell, safety, beavertail and slide release black to give a bit of tone. sorta like this: (minus the goofy grips)

d4370e5341af3de35666d96f5af3cb5c.jpg

What springer is that? I have a springer 1911 I love enough I’ll never consider trading it. Yours looks like a “loaded” but I’ve never seen them with an integrated compensator.

also, maybe just get it cerakoted? Pretty cheap, but I’m not personally a fan of shiny chrome.

What springer is that? I have a springer 1911 I love enough I’ll never consider trading it. Yours looks like a “loaded” but I’ve never seen them with an integrated compensator.

also, maybe just get it cerakoted? Pretty cheap, but I’m not personally a fan of shiny chrome.
It started as a Standard Range officer. Replaced the rigger and barrel parts with Ed Brown, Added the Comp. The Chrome will be Flat, will look like flat stainless only better. My other Comped 45 I had built in 1991, it currently has 58,000 rnds through and still operates fantastic. Hard Chrome finish FTW!

I'd buy it. I've shot the regular 320 x5, it's definitely nice and the legion is supposed to be a noticeable upgrade.
I decided against it an went with a 12oz match weight for my HKVP9. $350 cheaper than $900. Arrives today. Curious if I can shoot a set of steel plates faster with it compared to my comp 45s. Waiting for weekend to find out....

It started as a Standard Range officer. Replaced the rigger and barrel parts with Ed Brown, Added the Comp. The Chrome will be Flat, will look like flat stainless only better. My other Comped 45 I had built in 1991, it currently has 58,000 rnds through and still operates fantastic. Hard Chrome finish FTW!
How much of a bitch is it to swap out triggers in a 1911?

I have a base model Spring 1911 (the one that even comes with the WWII style sights) and have wanted to change out parts (primarily the fucking grip safety) but it being a 1911 I'm almost scared to even take the fucking grips off.

How much of a bitch is it to swap out triggers in a 1911?

I have a base model Spring 1911 (the one that even comes with the WWII style sights) and have wanted to change out parts (primarily the fucking grip safety) but it being a 1911 I'm almost scared to even take the fucking grips off.

Once you Remove the grips, Safety and spring housing, and the parts all fall out on the floor, just try to look at it as motivation for gett'n em all back in!

Its not so bad really, the kicker is that whatever "drop-in" trigger you buy probably won't, (not entirely) and this will leave you thinking you got the re-install wrong.

I think I got a little lucky with the last ED Brown kit because it mostly went right back in and mostly actually worked. I had to dry fire it a bunch and now its pretty good, Not as good as my old one but at least 1/2 as good maybe.

Better than it was and better than plastic gun triggers.

Its one of those things you'll have to initially take the plunge on.

Its doable. Drink heavily first.

<{1-14}>

Once you Remove the grips, Safety and spring housing, and the parts all fall out on the floor, just try to look at it as motivation for gett'n em all back in!

Its not so bad really, the kicker is that whatever "drop-in" trigger you buy probably won't, (not entirely) and this will leave you thinking you got the re-install wrong.

I think I got a little lucky with the last ED Brown kit because it mostly went right back in and mostly actually worked. I had to dry fire it a bunch and now its pretty good, Not as good as my old one but at least 1/2 as good maybe.

Better than it was and better than plastic gun triggers.

Its one of those things you'll have to initially take the plunge on.

Its doable. Drink heavily first.

<{1-14}>
Thanks. Figure I would maybe start with like a Wilson magwell first then move to like main spring housing and getting a beavertail grip safety in.

Thanks. Figure I would maybe start with like a Wilson magwell first then move to like main spring housing and getting a beavertail grip safety in.

Main spring takes a punch. You can press it onto a workbench to ease the tension a bit while trying to hold a hammer and punch in one hand swinging.

Careful the Safety detent plunger, it can fly off sometimes.

I think maybe the safety is last, I can't remember. There's prolly a bunch of youtube vids out there.

I had to chunk the new trigger, keep the stock one, but replaced hammer, sear, something and something else all as a matched set.

Sometimes you gotta fiddle dick with it to get it right
L9ht8p.gif

Gander outdoors and palmetto state armory have great deal on Federal black packs. Federal has a great rebate going up to $100 back. After rebate .223 for like .22 a round, 9mm for .11-12 a round, .22 for .02-03 a round. Etc.

So who’s seeing any great Black Friday Gun deals?
Palmetto and Primary arms already have Black Friday sales running. I don’t know if more stuff will go on sale on Friday or not. Optics Planet is also running a pre-black Friday sale already.

So who’s seeing any great Black Friday Gun deals?
Palmetto and Primary arms already have Black Friday sales running. I don’t know if more stuff will go on sale on Friday or not. Optics Planet is also running a pre-black Friday sale already.

Honestly haven't seen anything that I haven't already seen earlier this year. Even some manufacturers are doing smaller discounts than last year. 15 vs 20%, 20 vs 25%, etc.

The only thing is the federal black packs with rebate is a great deal from psa and academy.

I'm not super optimistic so far but we'll see what happens tomorrow and Friday.

Back