Greatest Nu-metal album of all time?

DoctorDeelon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've been revisiting a lot of the shit I listened to in late 90s early 2000s as a 13-14 year old kid. Obviously a lot of it hasn't aged well, but there's some I can still jam to.

I'm going to go a little outside the box here and call Incubus' S.C.I.E.N.C.E. the greatest nu-metal album of all time. I even feel weird labelling it as "nu metal" but I feel like the gratuitous use of turntables and the fact that they toured extensively with nu-metal acts at this time puts it into the nu-metal category.

It’s slipknot for me, not sure if it’s nu metal but fuck that red album related to me much as an angry teen

The Greatest Nu-metal album of all time is entirely subjective, for me personally, that would be KoЯn's - Follow The Leader.

Call it coincidence but also from a statistical perspective, KoЯn's 1998 offering stands out as the clear winner as The Greatest Nu-metal album of all time.

Follow The Leader has sold over 5,000,000 copies in the United States and brought nu-metal into the mainstream and re-ushered heavy metal into the mainstream.

In other words, the album fucks and it fucks hard.

I don't think they are nu-metal, but

s-l400.jpg

And for actual nu-metal

Linkin_Park_Hybrid_Theory_Album_Cover.jpg

Korn - Korn
Korn - Follow The Leader
Deftones - Around The Fur
Slipknot - Iowa
Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E
SOAD - SOAD

I’ve also got a soft spot for Coal Chamber’s and Static-X’s respective debuts, but neither album is perfect

Follow the leader and Hybrid theory for me. Would have included SOAD but they are not very nu metal.

Not the best example but from that generation, deftones white pony >>>>>>> everything else

I loved Adrenaline but by the time White Pony came out I was drifting away from nu metal and more into Metallica and Pantera, so I never did get to own it. I should go back and listen because I always hear great things about it.

I’ve also got a soft spot for Coal Chamber’s and Static-X’s respective debuts, but neither album is perfect

I still love Wisconsin Death Trip, I'm With Stupid or Push It will randomly enter my head a few times a year.

I didn't know until recently that Wayne Static and Billy Corgan actually played in a band together called Deep Blue Dream, such an odd pairing.

I loved Adrenaline but by the time White Pony came out I was drifting away from nu metal and more into Metallica and Pantera, so I never did get to own it. I should go back and listen because I always hear great things about it.
Definitely. From start to finish its perfect. Diamond eyes and koi no yokan are amazing too, but have a much different sound

I still love Wisconsin Death Trip, I'm With Stupid or Push It will randomly enter my head a few times a year.

I didn't know until recently that Wayne Static and Billy Corgan actually played in a band together called Deep Blue Dream, such an odd pairing.
Did not know that either, thanks for sharing!

Rage Against the Machine self titled was before nu-metal but I kinda consider it nu-metal, so I'd say that.

If not probably the System of a Down debut.

Yeah, nu-metal's quite an odd one isn't. There's albums I consider nu-metal, that probably weren't but those albums came out during that explosion, all the bands toured together etc. Snot, is the one that springs to mind - definitely had punk elements to it, but for me it'll always be a really solid nu-metal album.

SOAD debut was quality, yeah. I actually really liked Mudvayne's debut, too. It all blurs into one long endless summer of overly-baggy jeans, piercings, crazy hair and chains for me! Haha.

Did not know that either, thanks for sharing!

If you're into MMA, did you ever see Wayne Static fucking cornering someone?! Can't remember the name of the promotion, but it was a 2-and-done promotion with a huge roster, in a ring, in America, like a modern day PRIDE and was supposed to bury the UFC. Fedor fought Sylvia in the first event. Fucking Wayne Static came walking down with someone, he's unmistakeable, I couldn't stop laughing.

If you're into MMA, did you ever see Wayne Static fucking cornering someone?! Can't remember the name of the promotion, but it was a 2-and-done promotion with a huge roster, in a ring, in America, like a modern day PRIDE and was supposed to bury the UFC. Fedor fought Sylvia in the first event. Fucking Wayne Static came walking down with someone, he's unmistakeable, I couldn't stop laughing.

Affliction <{JustBleed}>

Ha ha amazing! Wonder if there’s any YouTube evidence of this?

Back