Greatest original song from a game

Not sure what they're singing about but hearing this song playing as you kill the heir to throne while his brother tries to stop you really made me feel like i was committing an unholy sacrilegious act.

Music from Tenchu1 and woh are great.

So many good ones. Prolly the Quake 2 soundtrack overall though. Many are great but not necessarily something you'd listen to outside of the game. QII is not just good in the game, I blasted this shit in my car and still would if I had the CD. This shit will put hair on your chest and make you wanna punch through a brick wall while on fire. Holds up to this day. So hard to pick one, man. Maybe Operation Overlord or Complex 13?

51ee1b377c79aae11cd1d24f76717926.gif

Too many good tracks to mention, but surprised Bloody Tears was not brought up. Awesome theme from an iconic franchise.

This game's whole soundtrack is top notch. Highly suggest getting the SoTN/Rondo of Blood compilation.

Damn going through my VGM playlist on Spotify and forgot how legendary the Blasphemous OST is. Carlos Viola created a masterpiece.

Ff8 gets shit on a lot, but you can't deny the soundtrack is fucking class, especially the opening

The only good thing about that game. Nobuo gonna Nobuo. Fishermans Horizon is my personal fave. Such great chillaxing town vibe music.

I used to play Breezy as a lullaby for my ex's daughter when she was a baby. Would knock her right out no matter how colicky she was.. Ahh good days.

P4P the best Menu music ever. Maybe only Halo 3, Killer Instinct and Fable 2 compares..

Speaking of which..

Never Forget -- the feels

The killer cut that started it all..

The only thing I remembered about this game. God tier musicbox style music..

Too many good tracks to mention, but surprised Bloody Tears was not brought up. Awesome theme from an iconic franchise.

*SNIPPED*

This game's whole soundtrack is top notch. Highly suggest getting the SoTN/Rondo of Blood compilation.

Dude I would probably put SoTN right up there with Final Fantasy Tactics and maybe Lost Odyssey as the GOAT OST of all time. Love me some Castlevania music.

I would put Theme of Simon Belmont over Bloody Tears. Just sounds better tbh..

SoTN is probably the GOAT OST though. Glad you finally mentioned it Ryu. I listen to it on the reg.

So rich and diverse with amazing, variety of vocals, orchestral and instrumentals. Those sweet arrangements.

Michiru Yamane is a genius. Loved her work in the spiritual successor to this game too, Bloodstained.

The best fight music in a JRPG. Bring it..

Best boss battle music from a JRPG. @ me if you dare.

Best FINAL boss battle music. Nobuo Uematsu the greatest game composer of all time. Koji Kondo wishes he could be this good.

Also, addendum to my previous post about title theme. Forgot about the Power Glove special reprise of the Blood Dragon theme, oh man those sweet sweet electric guitars and tasty synths. Straight outta the 80's.

Last edited:
Dude I would probably put SoTN right up there with Final Fantasy Tactics and maybe Lost Odyssey as the GOAT OST of all time. Love me some Castlevania music.

I would put Theme of Simon Belmont over Bloody Tears. Just sounds better tbh..

SoTN is probably the GOAT OST though. Glad you finally mentioned it Ryu. I listen to it on the reg.

So rich and diverse with amazing, variety of vocals, orchestral and instrumentals. Those sweet arrangements.

Michiru Yamane is a genius. Loved her work in the spiritual successor to this game too, Bloodstained.

I actually prefer the 8 and 16 bit OST's to SoTN. I really like the upbeat sound. SoTN is cool, I'm just not very big into the orchestral thing.

I forgot to put this in my original post but this is my favorite main menu theme of any NES game

Back