Green Bay Packers 2019: How bad can it get?

Also MVS is gonna go crazy this season. Adams/MVS/Allison/Kumerow is gonna suprise people

Also MVS is gonna go crazy this season. Adams/MVS/Allison/Kumerow is gonna suprise people
The ability out there to potentially stretch the field AS WELL AS have underneath/over the middle weapons has me moderately excited.

I know the measurables from like combines aren't everything BUT....

Kumerow is 6'4" and about 205 pounds
4.54 40 yard dash
31 inch vertical
Three cone drill of 6.9 seconds

If somehow LaFleur finds a way for him to even be like half as productive or as useful as this guy:

giphy.webp

Also, I'm supremely gotten to that it feels like whenever we (I play lead blocker for craft services) play the Dalls Canboys in the regular season the Packers have to travel TO Dallas for that shit. Fuck that, schedule it middle of December and force Dak to throw the ball in 20 below weather damnit.

The ability out there to potentially stretch the field AS WELL AS have underneath/over the middle weapons has me moderately excited.

I know the measurables from like combines aren't everything BUT....

Kumerow is 6'4" and about 205 pounds
4.54 40 yard dash
31 inch vertical
Three cone drill of 6.9 seconds

If somehow LaFleur finds a way for him to even be like half as productive or as useful as this guy:

giphy.webp

Also, I'm supremely gotten to that it feels like whenever we (I play lead blocker for craft services) play the Dalls Canboys in the regular season the Packers have to travel TO Dallas for that shit. Fuck that, schedule it middle of December and force Dak to throw the ball in 20 below weather damnit.

But it's so satisfying always beating them in Jurry-World and things like this get created:

d1450a2ed14552ed8e989d8f6d6cd95f.jpg

Rodgers-is-Cowboys-Daddy-e1507562644683.jpg

yes-my-nameis-aaron-rodgers-tp-tn-cowboys-fans-just-call-53427373.png

Rodgers-Owns-the-Cowboys-e1507562757468.jpg

Agent: Cousins has torn ACL; may miss season

I was disappointed that this ended up being DeMarcus Cousins.

Agent: Cousins has torn ACL; may miss season

I was disappointed that this ended up being DeMarcus Cousins.

Nah, after all that money they paid him; I want to see Cousins play full 16 game seasons and end up giving the Queens a losing record. All while losing major defensive pieces over the next 2-3 years.

Nah, after all that money they paid him; I want to see Cousins play full 16 game seasons and end up giving the Queens a losing record. All while losing major defensive pieces over the next 2-3 years.

I don't understand how that defense is so mediocre.

It's LOADED with talent. Xavier Rhodes, Eric Kendricks, Danielle Hunter, Anthony Barr, Harrison Smith, Everson Griffin, Linval Joseph, and three more first round picks at cornerback.

They should be the best defense in the league, hands down.

I don't understand how that defense is so mediocre.

It's LOADED with talent. Xavier Rhodes, Eric Kendricks, Danielle Hunter, Anthony Barr, Harrison Smith, Everson Griffin, Linval Joseph, and three more first round picks at cornerback.

They should be the best defense in the league, hands down.

I just think they peaked in 2017, when they went to the NFC Championship game.

IMO, they were exposed when GB put up 38 on them in week 16 of the 2016 season.

I just think they peaked in 2017, when they went to the NFC Championship game.

IMO, they were exposed when GB put up 38 on them in week 16 of the 2016 season.

Anyone else kinda wonder if this is why Barr did what he did the following year?

I love how this guy wasn’t on the team a long time, wasn’t that great either even though he was on the SB team but you can tell he loved his time by posts like that

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-not-good-enough-in-loss-to-ravens?campaign=email_190816

LaFleur also wanted to see his defense tackle better after missing 24 tackles in the preseason opener a week ago. He won’t have a final number this time until he goes through the film, but whether it was the starting defense trying to corral elusive Ravens QB Lamar Jackson or the reserves keeping Baltimore’s running game in check, LaFleur was not pleased.

The Ravens piled up 171 yards on the ground using a boatload of different running backs to produce six scoring drives, including four Justin Tucker field goals.

“I thought there were a lot of missed tackles out there,” LaFleur said. “It’s not good enough.

“We have to do a better job in practice, probably up the intensity level a little bit, really wrap up on the thud.”

Fucking FINALLY someone that's a part of the team called them on it.

The Packer defense was in mid season form last night. They gave up 171 yards rushing and 4.6 yards per attempt. Tackling was as bad as we've become accustomed to from this team. They seem to spend too much effort trying to strip the ball and failing in both the strip and the tackle.

Coming into camp I had no idea who is making the team at WR, and now with Lazard and Shepherd, undrafted rookies who nobody heard of before a few weeks ago have been playing well in preseason it makes it even more difficult.

It depends how many they keep. I feel Adams/Allison/MVS are locks, and Kumerow probably is heading toward that as well given how much he practices with the starters/looks in games.
St Brown I give a strong bet to because his upside is higher than the other bubble guys and he’s playing ST, had that TD last week. That leaves 1 more spot, or 2 if they keep 7, from Davis/Moore/Lazard/Shepherd. Lazard has looked the best among them in the games with the offense, but Shepherd has a couple TDs and been doing returns which is a definite advantage in his favor over the others. Davis being injured now is very bad timing and I think Moore’s hands are way too much of an issue and it seems like the team agrees with that assessment

If they keep 4 TEs (Tonyan) this makes it tougher as well, and they’re probably gonna have 4 RBs if you include a fullback. Hopefully the next couple weeks make this a bit clearer

That Bolton guy at LB has looked solid too, he’s definitely making the team. Gonna need someone to step up with Burks out

Coming into camp I had no idea who is making the team at WR, and now with Lazard and Shepherd, undrafted rookies who nobody heard of before a few weeks ago have been playing well in preseason it makes it even more difficult.

It depends how many they keep. I feel Adams/Allison/MVS are locks, and Kumerow probably is heading toward that as well given how much he practices with the starters/looks in games.
St Brown I give a strong bet to because his upside is higher than the other bubble guys and he’s playing ST, had that TD last week. That leaves 1 more spot, or 2 if they keep 7, from Davis/Moore/Lazard/Shepherd. Lazard has looked the best among them in the games with the offense, but Shepherd has a couple TDs and been doing returns which is a definite advantage in his favor over the others. Davis being injured now is very bad timing and I think Moore’s hands are way too much of an issue and it seems like the team agrees with that assessment

If they keep 4 TEs (Tonyan) this makes it tougher as well, and they’re probably gonna have 4 RBs if you include a fullback. Hopefully the next couple weeks make this a bit clearer

That Bolton guy at LB has looked solid too, he’s definitely making the team. Gonna need someone to step up with Burks out

Adams/Allison/MVS/Kooms I think are going to be the guys for sure making the team barring Kooms and MVS getting some IR injury. The fact the team put Kooms on IR LAST year shows they want him around.

Davis being injured now means his time with the team is PROBABLY done sadly. Another guy like Janis or Abbredaris that has that blazing speed but never got Rodgers' confidence and kept getting dinged up.

Moore is cut or practice teamed if they want to try to keep him around.

Lazard and St Brown probably stay.

I also think the TEs it's going to be Lewis, Graham, and Tonyan.

Burks doesn't need surgery, so that's a plus. Team still probably needs to sign a vet though

And everybody, including Rodgers, is big on Tony Brown. With him and Kadar Hollman on the rise, the cb position might not be a complete disaster this season

I wanted Brown gone last year after those really dumb penalties but it seems like he’s really upped his game and making me eat my words (at least for now) had a good breakup on the INT yesterday. They really need a CB to step up since you can’t count on King and I think Jackson hasn’t fully practiced yet

One thing that should be noticeable is that the secondary looks a lot faster than it has in the past, I only needed 2 drives yesterday to see that

Last edited:
Adams/Allison/MVS/Kooms I think are going to be the guys for sure making the team barring Kooms and MVS getting some IR injury. The fact the team put Kooms on IR LAST year shows they want him around.

Davis being injured now means his time with the team is PROBABLY done sadly. Another guy like Janis or Abbredaris that has that blazing speed but never got Rodgers' confidence and kept getting dinged up.

Moore is cut or practice teamed if they want to try to keep him around.

Lazard and St Brown probably stay.

I also think the TEs it's going to be Lewis, Graham, and Tonyan.

Sternberger tho

Gun to my head Moore is cut (maybe PS) and Lazard PS. Other two I don’t know just yet. Shame for Davis since they’re saying he’s doing well in practice

Sternberger tho

Gun to my head Moore is cut (maybe PS) and Lazard PS. Other two I don’t know just yet. Shame for Davis since they’re saying he’s doing well in practice
Agreed on Davis, always liked him for some reason.

AND completely forgot they drafted Sternberger. Is Tonyan PS eligible? I feel like they put Sternberger there another team like the fucking Pats will sign him. Wonder if Lewis gets the chop of those 4.

I almost guarantee Moore is cut though.

Agreed on Davis, always liked him for some reason.

AND completely forgot they drafted Sternberger. Is Tonyan PS eligible? I feel like they put Sternberger there another team like the fucking Pats will sign him. Wonder if Lewis gets the chop of those 4.

I almost guarantee Moore is cut though.

He should be but I think someone will probably take him. I’m not as high on him as other people are but he might have potential. He’s also possibly ahead of Jace, I think he needs a year to develop. Lewis is old af but he’s the only TE on the team that knows how to block at all, you need a blocking TE in this offense

Back