Green Bay Packers 2019: How bad can it get?

He should be but I think someone will probably take him. I’m not as high on him as other people are but he might have potential. He’s also possibly ahead of Jace, I think he needs a year to develop. Lewis is old af but he’s the only TE on the team that knows how to block at all, you need a blocking TE in this offense
I think people are high on Tonyan partially cause the only time we saw him LAST season he caught that long as fuck TD:

AND, he's good friends with George Kittle and spent like, all offseason playing Fortnite with Kittle and Blake and training with Kittle.

R3jMoJn.jpg

So Graham just hurt a finger again today.

I like that LaFleur is calling guys and the whole team right away when he doesn't like something, as a younger coach he needs to show that he's not just clowning around I guess. Called out Dexter W. (right away) and the whole offense (presser) today again.

Rodgers having his back tightness and Kizer absolutely sucking today (Boyle not being much better...) kind of started the whole

Should they sign a veteran backup QB?

discussion again. Would like to know you guys opinions on this. I'm in the camp that says it is pretty much a waste, if Rodgers goes down the team loses way too much quality to really compete, the season would be over whether Kizer or some veteran plays. It might make sense for teams that don't have an amazing QB1 / a cheap QB1 but an otherwise stacked roster, for the Packers I don't see how it would make sense.

I like that LaFleur is calling guys and the whole team right away when he doesn't like something, as a younger coach he needs to show that he's not just clowning around I guess. Called out Dexter W. (right away) and the whole offense (presser) today again.

Rodgers having his back tightness and Kizer absolutely sucking today (Boyle not being much better...) kind of started the whole

discussion again. Would like to know you guys opinions on this. I'm in the camp that says it is pretty much a waste, if Rodgers goes down the team loses way too much quality to really compete, the season would be over whether Kizer or some veteran plays. It might make sense for teams that don't have an amazing QB1 / a cheap QB1 but an otherwise stacked roster, for the Packers I don't see how it would make sense.

I have zero faith in Kizer. If Rodgers goes down for the season, the team is toast. I'd still rather have someone other than Kizer though, in case Rodgers is only out for a few.

You're not winning many games with either Kizer or Boyle. Signing some mediocre vet wouldn't be a bad idea. Got bigger problems at LB though

Eh, this team, at least the offense, still lives and dies with #12. If Rodgers can't stay healthy this year, that means we aren't making the playoffs and probably end up with another top 15-ish pick in the 2020 draft. Gute probably drafts a QB early and we start prepping for life after Rodgers. So just roll with Kizer or Boyle in 2019.

And lmao @ Graham. One of my season predictions is that he gets passed up on the depth chart by either Tonyan or my boy Sternberger. Looks like that will be coming to fruition.

I wasn't a fan of the Sternberger pick before and I especially am not now. I don't want Lewis or Tonyan gone.

You're not winning many games with either Kizer or Boyle. Signing some mediocre vet wouldn't be a bad idea. Got bigger problems at LB though

Bolton seems halfway decent. Summers has some awful fucking tackling. He missed, what, four tackles against Baltimore?

I wasn't a fan of the Sternberger pick before and I especially am not now. I don't want Lewis or Tonyan gone.

Really? I thought he was a steal in round 3, especially after Hock, Smith Jr. and Fant were selected. 2020 should be when he shines. Don't give up on this kid.

Really? I thought he was a steal in round 3, especially after Hock, Smith Jr. and Fant were selected. 2020 should be when he shines. Don't give up on this kid.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just didn't/don't see it. Looks like a stiff, upright TE with good hands but not much else. And there were some quality players on the board like Chuma Edoga and Connor McGovern. I also preferred Dawson Knox at the TE position personally.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just didn't/don't see it. Looks like a stiff, upright TE with good hands but not much else. And there were some quality players on the board like Chuma Edoga and Connor McGovern. I also preferred Dawson Knox at the TE position personally.

If his blocking improves; then look out. But we shall see what he becomes in the next few years. If he sucks I will admit I was wrong lmao.

I guess the line of thinking is that the Packers won't win much with some average veteran either, certainly they wouldn't be able to contend. So it only makes sense if Rodgers is just out for some weeks and you want to keep the playoff hopes alive during that time. If he's out for a longer time, it might make more sense to "tank".

Eh, this team, at least the offense, still lives and dies with #12. If Rodgers can't stay healthy this year, that means we aren't making the playoffs and probably end up with another top 15-ish pick in the 2020 draft. Gute probably drafts a QB early and we start prepping for life after Rodgers. So just roll with Kizer or Boyle in 2019.

And lmao @ Graham. One of my season predictions is that he gets passed up on the depth chart by either Tonyan or my boy Sternberger. Looks like that will be coming to fruition.
Agreed.

Kinda feel bad for Graham, seems like he is motivated but has some terrible luck in his Packer time so far, in addition to becoming a little washed up.

----------

EQ with a pretty bad camp so far. I wonder how many WRs they are going to keep this year, especially considering that the D needs depth and LaFleur also wants lots of RBs and a FB. Adams, Kumerow, GMO, EQ, MVS should be locks to make the team, but Lazard and Shepherd really impressed in camp. Try to sneak Lazard to the PS and keep Shepherd on the 53, don't really care about Davis and Moore, bin them or whatever.

Moore should get shitcanned. Not a ton of draft capital was spent on him PLUS dude can't fucking catch which is his ONE JOB.

My dad has wanted them to do this for years lmao

I’m with most of you, it won’t matter if a backup QB has to play. It would be nice to have a guy that is somewhat dependable though, they haven’t had a guy like that since Flynn. Like could you see the current backups help win a game down 26-3 at halftime?

Been saying it for ages now, good teams have fullbacks. Can't just bomb on everybody every single play. Gotta win with power and muscle sometimes, and a fullback helps you do that tremendously

They also help your qb stay upright so that he can bomb on fools, as evident by Kuhn's greatness

Been saying it for ages now, good teams have fullbacks. Can't just bomb on everybody every single play. Gotta win with power and muscle sometimes, and a fullback helps you do that tremendously

They also help your qb stay upright so that he can bomb on fools, as evident by Kuhn's greatness
Well remember Peppers and Kuhn's interaction when they first met after the Peppers signing? Peppers made some comment to Kuhn to the effect of:
"Thanks to you I basically got fired"

Kuhn diving at Peppers legs gives Rodgers enough time to find Cobb.

Back