Green Bay Packers 2021 Offseason

I mean, why would he break a huge story on the day of round one anyway? That already gets a gazillion of views, clicks, whatever.

Exactly. Kuhn, Jones, Hawk defending him heavily and now Schefter doing this...if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Both ESPN and the NFL Network were broadcasting the draft. If you don't think Schefter did this to get viewers for ESPN, I have several bridges I'll sell you.

Rodgers is a bad teammate

Rodgers hates LaFleur

Rodgers says it's either him or the GM

We've done all this shit already

Why would Rodgers go on any of the networks? They have run with this with no real sources. If you watched Rodgers on McAfee when he was doing interviews Tuesday during football season, he discussed why he did McAfee's show and didn't do others. He talked about the douche bag reporters that deal in rumors who have an agenda they are pushing. On McAfee, he feels like he can talk more openly and honestly and people can see what he is really like.

I suspect that eventually Aaron will talk about it and McAfee's show might be where he will do it.
Rodgers would NEVER have been able to say on an ESPN show this line:

MAYBE if Stephen A had a one on one show he could but anyone else? Hell no. Colin Cowturd would have lost it and tried to bury him, Jim Rome wouldn't have gotten to that stage cause he's a prick.

Buddy that is a Seahawks fan sent me this:
181270063_289865399443888_6488372174887515358_n.jpg

Both ESPN and the NFL Network were broadcasting the draft. If you don't think Schefter did this to get viewers for ESPN, I have several bridges I'll sell you.
Cool, if you don't believe that all this shit comes from anyone else than Rodgers camp in the first place, I also have some bridges to sell to you.

What sense does that make, though? Why not break it when there are actual gains in viewership to be made? That's like breaking it before the Super Bowl. People are already going to be tuning in, so you're making an increase of like 19 to 20 (+1) instead of 5 to 10 (+5).

Using Occam's Razor, the simplest and most likely explanation is that Rodgers' camp leaked it or gave the implicit green light to the media. The Andrew Luck analogy actually hurts the bad-Schefter theory, too, since that was evidence that Schefter would report as soon as information was available to him.

I also don't get how anyone can stand McAfee's show. Dude is super annoying.

Schefter has lost all credibility with me, at least when it comes to Packers related news. Like wow, dude single-handedly ruined the draft night for all of us with that BS report.

I can't wait until Rodgers does finally speak. He no doubt will have a mic-drop moment in regards to this nonsense.

Just let us not actually infight over this. Everyone certainly believes partially what he wants to believe and what makes the most sense to him/her/his/she (my suspicion is the above). I just hope that this bullshit doesn't drag on too long.

This is every Packers social media right now:

chaos.gif

Just let us not actually infight over this. Everyone certainly believes partially what he wants to believe and what makes the most sense to him/her/his/she (my suspicion is the above). I just hope that this bullshit doesn't drag on too long.

This is every Packers social media right now:

chaos.gif

I side with the media on Schefter. There's no history at all of him making up stories based on vague rumors or unreliable sources. And the anti-media conspiracies (obviously) overlap with irrationalities in other, more serious areas.

On last year's Bleacher Report piece, I think it was more warranted. Because it wasn't from a known journalist or a reputable outlet. And some of its claims were pretty unbelievable (MM, a guy with renowned dedication and work ethic, getting massages during practice for instance).

So this douchebag reporter comes out and says he doesn't have any real sources backing up his claim but accumulation of statements over the years. Bahahaha, what a clickbaiting sob.

Why is everyone acting like Schefter can never be wrong, or has never been wrong, or has never been full of shit before?

The amount of people white knighting him is just plain weird.

Man, the more I think about it, the more I think the Eric Stokes pick was just a really bad pick. You had Asante Samuel, a perfect scheme fit, right there. Or you could try to trade up for Greg Newsome, the ideal fit. Instead you pick a press corner with extremely low-end lateral quickness and hip flexibility. Either they have to find a way for him to produce as a zone corner or they have to switch the scheme from the one that made Jaire the best corner in the game.

It's hard to imagine there's some explanation behind the pick other than gross incompetence.

Why is everyone acting like Schefter can never be wrong, or has never been wrong, or has never been full of shit before?

The amount of people white knighting him is just plain weird.

You're making a straw man argument. People aren't saying he's infallible or defending his righteousness. They're making the value judgment that it's more likely that his information and professional practices are good (as they consistently have been over the years) than that he arbitrarily decided to make it up "for clicks." Especially when doing so endangers his credibility and ability to gain info in the future.

Alternatively, do you have any instances of Schefter making things up?

Full on TMZ mode now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back