Green Bay Packers 2021 Offseason

Since it's a slow news cycle except for rumors for the next month I thought I'd post this.
Brett Favre hasn’t repaid $600,000 of $1.1 million he promised from Mississippi welfare fund.

Schefty sounding awful fucking defensive

Something different for a change ;)

As always, very interesting. Well worth a watch. :)

No, don't sign a capable defensive lineman or receiver with the limited cap space this offseason. Instead, please sign the worst QB to ever be picked top 5.

He really is one of the shittiest starting quarterbacks in recent times

No, don't sign a capable defensive lineman or receiver with the limited cap space this offseason. Instead, please sign the worst QB to ever be picked top 5.

Jawalrus Russell exists

What the fuck? What a weird signing

Can't even get hyped for any games until this Rodgers situation is dealt with.

Blake Bortles is a Packers QB? lol, fml.

Alright, maybe I'm a little hyped now.

cd4a4uyzzry61.jpg

BrF.gif

Chris Simms: Davante Adams not a top 5 WR; just became top 10 this year

I agree and have been saying it for a while

How they rated the position groups:
QB - #1
RB - "Top Ten-ish" (~#10)
WR/TE - Upper Bottom third (~#23)
OL - Top half to top ten (~#12)
DL/LB - Top half (~#15)
DB - Sold top ten (~#7)

Taking Bortles means Love isn't making huge strides, right?

Oof. What a silly pick in retrospect.

Taking Bortles means Love isn't making huge strides, right?

Oof. What a silly pick in retrospect.

Bortles knows the OC and is a camp arm, there is nothing more to it. All the jokes+speculation is fun stuff, though.

Anyone take a gander at this?

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...s-green-bay-packers-nfl-offseason-rumors-2021

Most of this we already knew, but this part stuck out as new to me:

"January 2020 — Rodgers overrules LaFleur calls in NFC Championship Game
According to multiple sources, Rodgers ignored or changed Matt LaFleur’s play calls in the 2019 NFC Championship Game against the 49ers during the Packers’ second-half comeback attempt — and in the fourth quarter in particular. This went beyond the usual ‘check-with-me’s at the line to what was described as an “I got this,” attitude from the quarterback.

Dunne recently reported the details of it and APC sources confirmed it. It worked and there’s no indication from players or coaches based on available reporting anyone had a problem with it.

This is before the Jordan Love selection."

Rodgers played like ass in that game and was going rogue with very little results. The Love pick clearly got him to not on only refocus but to buy in 100% to LaFluer's scheme. Without that pick he probably does the same "hero ball", "I've got this" nonsense in 2020.

The more I think about this whole situation, the more disappointed I get that history is repeating itself. I think I'm in the camp that just wants Rodgers to accept a two year guaranteed window with the team in 2021 and 2022 and then he moves on. For all the peace, love, and kumbaya talk all last season, this is a guy that no doubt resents the Packers organization and I doubt he ever lets any of this go.

The more I think about this whole situation, the more disappointed I get that history is repeating itself. I think I'm in the camp that just wants Rodgers to accept a two year guaranteed window with the team in 2021 and 2022 and then he moves on. For all the peace, love, and kumbaya talk all last season, this is a guy that no doubt resents the Packers organization and I doubt he ever lets any of this go.
I think the article is by Peter Bukowski, he usually does good and reasonable stuff. He's more of an actual journalist compared to others like Andy Herman, who's more of a scout etc. The Packers "bubble" generally has a lot of pretty good guys covering the team imo.

The last sentence here sticks out, we can be pretty confident in saying that this stuff was PR bullshit all along. However, I don't think that he hates the Packers or anything like that. Pretty sure he actually wants to stay, he just wants to get them to do a few things for him, no one knows what these things are at this point and those who do, are not allowed to say it.

Packers have a lot to consider here. It's obviously too soon for Love, but keeping Rodgers might make it "too late" for Love. Will Aaron continue to play as well as he did? He was declining before the Love pick. Rodgers will never have a higher value than now. Do you move on a little too early but take whatever they can get now in a trade for him? I'm sure a bidding war between Broncos and Raiders could happen.

That 21+22 and then trade option is a nice middle ground, but I'm not sure if Rodgers is in the business for middle ground solutions.

I think the article is by Peter Bukowski, he usually does good and reasonable stuff. He's more of an actual journalist compared to others like Andy Herman, who's more of a scout etc. The Packers "bubble" generally has a lot of pretty good guys covering the team imo.

The last sentence here sticks out, we can be pretty confident in saying that this stuff was PR bullshit all along. However, I don't think that he hates the Packers or anything like that. Pretty sure he actually wants to stay, he just wants to get them to do a few things for him, no one knows what these things are at this point and those who do, are not allowed to say it.

Packers have a lot to consider here. It's obviously too soon for Love, but keeping Rodgers might make it "too late" for Love. Will Aaron continue to play as well as he did? He was declining before the Love pick. Rodgers will never have a higher value than now. Do you move on a little too early but take whatever they can get now in a trade for him? I'm sure a bidding war between Broncos and Raiders could happen.

That 21+22 and then trade option is a nice middle ground, but I'm not sure if Rodgers is in the business for middle ground solutions.
It's telling how Rodgers closest friends that aren't on the team anymore... Kuhn, Hawk, Jones, are all saying the same thing that it's salvegable and the biggest issue is communication.

Back