Green Bay Packers 2021 Offseason

It's telling how Rodgers closest friends that aren't on the team anymore... Kuhn, Hawk, Jones, are all saying the same thing that it's salvegable and the biggest issue is communication.
Ehh I wouldn't read too much into his friends doing PR for him. Only thing I take from it is that everyone is relatively positive that he will be back.

And of course it is mostly a contract thing, it's absolutely foolish to believe anything else. If he stays, he will have a new contract with even more money which is structured in a certain way (=can't trade me for a few years). It is mostly that PLUS other issues, like communication. But it is completely dishonest from those guys to act like the contract isn't the main issue. I will concede that point when he is back without a new deal...

I like Matt Lafleur a lot and loved him being picked as the HC. And I think he's done a great job. But I do wonder how he's going to handle adversity, i.e. players being unhappy if a losing streak happens. He's just not a very forceful or "alpha" personality.

I like Matt Lafleur a lot and loved him being picked as the HC. And I think he's done a great job. But I do wonder how he's going to handle adversity, i.e. players being unhappy if a losing streak happens. He's just not a very forceful or "alpha" personality.
Modern players I don’t know if they would respond well to that.

Aaron Nagler from CheeseheadTV was on PFF.

I think he was SPOT ON about the Aaron Rodgers situation. It's on Mark Murphy.

Murphy restructured the front office after the firing of Mike McCarthy on the basis of expediting communication and making the football operation less rotten. He's not intimately involved in the operations. Yet....he didn't instruct Gutekunst that informing Rodgers of the possibility of choosing a QB was paramount?

Honestly, I wish Murphy would be fired. He's awful. Opie looking mother fucker.

Nagler also took issue with the disrespectfulness that the Packers organization has shown toward free agents over and over again, where they don't even talk to them at all. He specifically mentioned Micah Hyde and Corey Linsley. It's bad fucking business imo.

• QB Drew Lock
  • DE Bradley Chubb
  • G Dalton Risner
  • 2022 first round pick, 2022 second round pick
  • 2023 first round pick, 2023 second round pick
  • 2024 first round pick
https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/anonymous-nfl-executives-aaron-rodgers-value
I believe that is a little bit heavy on the picks and the players don't really make that much sense. They just drafted like 10 guards so I'm not sure if Risner makes the most sense here, I'd take Teddy over a second project QB, Chubb would make sense so you eventually have Z, Gary and him (and after that Gary and him).

I'd take Teddy, Fant or Jeudy and take a shot at freshly drafted Baron Browning (ILB).

But yeah, IF it happens no one really has any idea what Rodgers could fetch.

I hope that no matter how this ends, they finally feel the need to communicate at 2021 levels and not with a 1921 mindset...

Well, if Love were to start this would be a run, run, pass team anyways.

9a51a5b01c12ad8e982cc870130b9f9b.gif

That will put even more of a strain on future caps, should have just cut him. Having him or not won't make much of a difference anyway...

Don't even think it's being petty, i just see a man that knows his worth and is willing to walk away from the table if he feels wronged

It is Rodgers. If they draft a WR we are talking about year two with Higgins and Superbowls. Instead we are talking about holdouts and mutinies.

Was it worth it to do it the Packer way and always focus on the future? No.

It was retarded. Rodgers said he wanted to play in GB forever. He made it clear he wanted to play and win. And they trade up and draft his replacement. Why pay him so much if you won't get the team help in round one? They are financially handcuffed to him and draft a QB. I don't get it.

I hope he retires and burns the Packers . It would be fucking hilarious. And spoiled Packer fans can realize this is a can franchise. Who wants to play or live in GB?

Lmao, get wrecked Packers.

Back