Green Bay Packers 2021 Offseason

He is really enjoying this, isn't he?

I suspect Aaron has really enjoyed having the pundits put words in his mouth and sitting back watching it play out. He probably enjoys making the Packer's brass sweat.

I think he needs competition and wants to continue in the NFL so he will play for the Packers. I don't see the Packers trading him so the choice is to play there or retire.

I suspect Aaron has really enjoyed having the pundits put words in his mouth and sitting back watching it play out. He probably enjoys making the Packer's brass sweat.

I think he needs competition and wants to continue in the NFL so he will play for the Packers. I don't see the Packers trading him so the choice is to play there or retire.
Agree with all of this, could've wrote it myself

He'll play for the Pack. It's just a matter of if he gets a new deal and how they orchestrate trying to keep Adams and Jaire this offseason.

Well when we thought it could get worse,time to move on from Murphy, guy is as useless as Tits on a boar

"Rodgers' contract would be adjusted with no loss of income to give the Packers more cap room now."

"Rodgers' contract would be adjusted with no loss of income to give the Packers more cap room now."

It will be interesting to see how that could be done and still shorten the contract by a year if the stories are correct.

I posted this in the NFL thread so I'll leave it here too.

Rodgers has to realize that along with being the reason that players would want to play on the Packers, he is also the reason that the Packers can't keep all of the players he wanted them to. The money they pay Aaron limits the amount that they can pay other players. They can't play with eleven players. The Packers didn't offer some players a contract because they couldn't pay them what they were worth and they knew the players would get better offers from other teams. Do they offer them a veteran minimum contract or is it better to not offer a contract if you know you can't pay a player what they are worth.

For 2021, the salary cap is $182.5 million for the top 51 players on the team. That averages out to $3.578 million per player. Rodgers counts $37.5 million against the cap this season or the average for over 10 players. That leaves $145 million or an average of $2.9 million for the next 50 players. Davante Adams counts $16.8 million against the cap leaving $128.2 million for the next 49. Zdarius Smith counts $14.6 million against the cap leaving $113.6 or an average of $2.36 million for the remaining 48. Bakhtiari costs $10.9 million against the cap leaving $102.7 million or an average of $2.18 million for the remaining 47. Preston Smith costs $8.75 million leaving $93.95 million or an average of $2.02 million for the remaining 46. Randall Cobb costs $8.47 million leaving $85.48 or an average of $1.9 million for the remaining 45 players.

At this point, Green Bay is $3 million over the cap on the top 51 players they have signed so they have to cut someone or stretch some contracts. They have to have a lot of low paid rookies to fill the roster.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/cap/

Teams set up contracts so the pay increases in the last seasons of the contract and everybody knows that they won't be able to keep all of those players into the final years. I'm sure the Packers wanted to keep them but they couldn't.

In non-Rodgers news:

Pretty decent signing, gives them much needed depth at OT since everyone they draft seems to project as iOL...

I posted this in the NFL thread so I'll leave it here too.

Rodgers has to realize that along with being the reason that players would want to play on the Packers, he is also the reason that the Packers can't keep all of the players he wanted them to. The money they pay Aaron limits the amount that they can pay other players. They can't play with eleven players. The Packers didn't offer some players a contract because they couldn't pay them what they were worth and they knew the players would get better offers from other teams. Do they offer them a veteran minimum contract or is it better to not offer a contract if you know you can't pay a player what they are worth.

For 2021, the salary cap is $182.5 million for the top 51 players on the team. That averages out to $3.578 million per player. Rodgers counts $37.5 million against the cap this season or the average for over 10 players. That leaves $145 million or an average of $2.9 million for the next 50 players. Davante Adams counts $16.8 million against the cap leaving $128.2 million for the next 49. Zdarius Smith counts $14.6 million against the cap leaving $113.6 or an average of $2.36 million for the remaining 48. Bakhtiari costs $10.9 million against the cap leaving $102.7 million or an average of $2.18 million for the remaining 47. Preston Smith costs $8.75 million leaving $93.95 million or an average of $2.02 million for the remaining 46. Randall Cobb costs $8.47 million leaving $85.48 or an average of $1.9 million for the remaining 45 players.

At this point, Green Bay is $3 million over the cap on the top 51 players they have signed so they have to cut someone or stretch some contracts. They have to have a lot of low paid rookies to fill the roster.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/cap/

Teams set up contracts so the pay increases in the last seasons of the contract and everybody knows that they won't be able to keep all of those players into the final years. I'm sure the Packers wanted to keep them but they couldn't.
Houston is taking on $3mil of Cobb's contract. Not sure what that means for cap space.

ALSO, this is a chicken/egg thing. Rodgers might be taking more money because the front office is unwilling to give him the guy's he wants. If they kept Jordy, Kumerow, Janis, Lang, and others he might have been willing to take less money.

Houston is taking on $3mil of Cobb's contract. Not sure what that means for cap space.

ALSO, this is a chicken/egg thing. Rodgers might be taking more money because the front office is unwilling to give him the guy's he wants. If they kept Jordy, Kumerow, Janis, Lang, and others he might have been willing to take less money.

HNsTZUN.gif

Back