Gsp arguably has the greatest boxing in MMA history

nope1.gif

Anyone remember those terrible overhands he threw against shields? I will say that his boxing did look pretty solid in the first Serra fight and vs Hendricks

I think his striking was underrated. People like to discredit his striking by saying that the only reason his opponents would get hit is because of the threat of a takedown.

I have never heard anyone, legitimate or otherwise make this argument. You’ll get kicked out of a boxing gym for throwing a superman punch. This is without any uncertainty the worst post i have seen on here in a very long time. Everyone in this thread is more stupid for having read this. May god have mercy on your soul.

I have never heard anyone, legitimate or otherwise make this argument. You’ll get kicked out of a boxing gym for throwing a superman punch. This is without any uncertainty the worst post i have seen on here in a very long time. Everyone in this thread is more stupid for having read this. May god have mercy on your soul.
Listen here wannabe floyd, gsp has the best boxing adapted to MMA ever! No contest.

Good lord no. If he had that level of boxing, with his TD defense, he'd have gotten a LOT of standing KOs.

Who did he ever just put away with punches standing?

Sure, he jabbed Koscheck's eye to death, he dropped Bisping and some good guys, but he wasn't really fluid with his hands, didn't throw 4,5,6,7 punch combos, didn't have great boxing footwork. He didn't really slip or bob and weave much.

His boxing was adapted to his overall MMA game.

Good boxing is built on a good jab and gsp had the best jab

his left hook was great

his athleticism was elite

thoughts?

Against Josh Koscheck, I believe we saw his Jab used at its best breaking his orbital. However, as far as boxing, I seen better hands IMO. I would says GSP was able to use his hands more so because of his takedown threat.I like GSP cross punch. I think he is built in that way where he throws effective cross punches.

Back