Gsp arguably has the greatest boxing in MMA history

Yan couldn’t outbox a 65 year old Ali

I legit think at his peak gsp could have been a world champ in boxing
Absolutely absurd..

GSP’s boxing has always been stiff and rudimentary. He carried a lot of poor habits from his initial karate background. Probably one of the most overrated aspects of his game.

He’s got a good jab. That’s really the only noteworthy aspect of his hands.

Last edited:
GSP is one of the best MMA wrestlers of all time and if someone wanted to say he was the best MMA Wrester they would have a legitimate argument. To say he's the best MMA boxer ever is laughable. He has a nice jab which, when mixed with his kicks and his great wrestling, makes his boxing look far better than it probably was. I'd pick either Diaz brother to wreck him in a boxing match

GSP used his jab to keep distance and set up the take down. Yes he looked great using his jab against lifetime wrestlers like Koschek, Shields and Fitch who all 3 likely lose to Ben Askren in a straight boxing match! How can anyone come to the conclusion that he was a great boxer? He was afraid to exchange so that itself ends any kind of boxing debate! He was a great game planner and wrestler! Period!

Absolutely absurd..

GSP’s boxing has always been stiff and rudimentary. He carried a lot of poor habits from his initial karate background. Probably one of the most overrated aspects of his game.

He’s got a good jab. That’s really the only noteworthy aspect of his hands.

Not saying he's the boxing GOAT of MMA, but his Superman punch is the best of all.

People will argue that Garbrandt got KTFO a few times (shouldn't have traded punch for punch against some), but his technique impressed me against Cruz, even if I can't stand the guy. Made me think he was elite.

Last edited:
Dumbest argument ever.

why does JCC’s face look like this?
chavez-sr-2.jpg

Chavez is a legend but I don’t think he’s arguably the GOAT.

Good boxing is built on a good jab and gsp had the best jab

his left hook was great

his athleticism was elite

thoughts?
good jab, head movement not so great.....not really a combination puncher......beat most people by wrestling followed by ground n pound...........boxing? I dont see it.

I like GSP; he's clearly a GOAT and had excellent mma striking. But he's certainly not the best boxer in mma history. Hell, he was afraid to box with BJ (who's 2 division smaller) in the rematch, which is why he clinched so much to wear him down.

76 inch reach and used it beautifully. Best jab and distance management in history(MMA). His timing is amazing also. I can't picture GSP being comfortable in the trenches boxing on the inside. He would have likely had trouble with Oscar jmho.

Good boxing is built on a good jab and gsp had the best jab

his left hook was great

his athleticism was elite

thoughts?

I think GSP fanboys shouldn't be able to post.

The dude retired almost 5 years ago.
And you still salivate on "greatest boxing in MMA history" because he had a fucking jab...

that is not only asinine reason, but also so fucking biased, it is a disservice to respond properly.

nope1.gif

Anyone remember those terrible overhands he threw against shields? I will say that his boxing did look pretty solid in the first Serra fight and vs Hendricks
What? He got ktfo by Serra and then wanted no part of his hands in the second. Hendricks pieced him up too

Anything the mods can do about the TS constantly posting new GSP threads?
Merge all of them or something?
Here is a picture of GSP talking directly to Askren's Chin...
over1.jpg
over2.jpg

Back