gsp fans are still the most delusional in the sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
enough of this nonsense that gsp was a better and more dominant champ than Bones.

You guys are telling me that beating kos twice, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, Jon Fitch (who was a really good fighter no disrespect to him at all), Condit (again another really good fighter), out of weight class BJ, 40 year old Matt Hughes twice after getting subbed the first time, Serra, Nick Diaz (another really good fighter) means more than Bones resume?

Rampage
Lyoto
Vitor
Rashad
DC x2
Shogun

all of them are all time greats and former world champions

then you have gus x2
Chael
Bader
Santos
Reyes
Smith
Glover

All of these are really good wins that are on par with gsps best wins imo. The only win that gsp can say is against a prime guy who is an all time great was Jake Sheilds who in reality beat gsp on the feet for 2 rounds in the worst fight ever. I honestly cant say I ever watched a gsp fight and enjoyed it start to finish.

Georges has quite possibly the most overrated career in the history of the sport. All of his opponents never even went .500 after fighting him aside from Jake who went exactly .500. So that tells us that the guys he fought were all on the downside and they werent even all time greats who held belts in other orgs or weight classes or even in his own weight class. Honestly I think the Sean Sherk win might be the best of his career after Shields probably tied with condit and fitch.

When the Robbies, Hendricks (who beat the shit out of him), Rory and Twoods of the world came around he retired and waited for the weakest champ in the history of the sport aside from Carla Esparza and came out of retirement for a fight with a cyclops who was on his last legs. Great win georges I wonder if he would have come back for Whittaker or Izzy lol.

Nothing against gsp, he seems like a great guy and a great ambassador for the sport but he isnt anywhere near Bones, Anderson and Fedors level. MM and gsp have similar resumes imo, both dominated good not great fighters. At least Mm had some finishes.

GSP living rent free in your head, confirmed.

GSP also living balls deep in your mom, too.
Confirmed.

enough of this nonsense that gsp was a better and more dominant champ than Bones.

You guys are telling me that beating kos twice, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, Jon Fitch (who was a really good fighter no disrespect to him at all), Condit (again another really good fighter), out of weight class BJ, 40 year old Matt Hughes twice after getting subbed the first time, Serra, Nick Diaz (another really good fighter) means more than Bones resume?

Rampage
Lyoto
Vitor
Rashad
DC x2
Shogun

then you have gus x2
Chael
Bader
Santos
Reyes
Smith
Glover

All of these are really good wins that are on par with gsps best wins imo. The only win that gsp can say is against a prime guy who is an all time great was Jake Sheilds who in reality beat gsp on the feet for 2 rounds in the worst fight ever. I honestly cant say I ever watched a gsp fight and enjoyed it start to finish.

Georges has quite possibly the most overrated career in the history of the sport. All of his opponents never even went .500 after fighting him aside from Jake who went exactly .500. So that tells us that the guys he fought were all on the downside and they werent even all time greats who held belts in other orgs or weight classes or even in his own weight class. Honestly I think the Sean Sherk win might be the best of his career after Shields probably tied with condit and fitch.

When the Robbies, Hendricks (who beat the shit out of him), Rory and Twoods of the world came around he retired and waited for the weakest champ in the history of the sport aside from Carla Esparza and came out of retirement for a fight with a cyclops who was on his last legs. Great win georges I wonder if he would have come back for Whittaker or Izzy lol.

Nothing against gsp, he seems like a great guy and a great ambassador for the sport but he isnt anywhere near Bones, Anderson and Fedors level. MM and gsp have similar resumes imo, both dominated good not great fighters. At least Mm had some finishes.

Yeah, I agree

So we're just ignoring the fact that Jones is a habitual drug cheat who used it to gain an advantage over his opponents?

GSP is the most overrated fighter on Sherdog

Tapped to strikes as a defending champion in his prime vs a LW journeyman and was sent to retirement at the young age of 32 the first time he fought someone who could wrestle, strike, and wasn’t a LW (Hendricks).

His resume is filled with one dimensional fighters and LWs.

How many no contests due to drug failures does GSP have?

GOAT.

Not a big GSP fan but I never saw him cry like a bitch.

jon-jones-crying-over-titel-loss.gif

GSP is the most overrated fighter on Sherdog

Tapped to strikes as a defending champion in his prime vs a LW journeyman and was sent to retirement at the young age of 32 the first time he fought someone who could wrestle, strike, and wasn’t a LW (Hendricks).

His resume is filled with one dimensional fighters and LWs.

Rampage One dimensional
Lyoto One dimensional + MW
Vitor One dimensional + MW
Shogun One dimensional
gus One dimensional
Chael One dimensional + MW
Santos One dimensional + MW
Reyes One dimensional
Smith One dimensional + MW

1/10 on the troll attempt TS

why is this a troll thread? I authored this in response to the dozen or so threads that have been proclaiming gsp the goat now that bones looked mortal in his last fight and arguably lost to Reyes. Half of the forum has been calling Bones overrated and calling his career garbage for looking mortal in a few recent fights. I stated some arguable facts, go ahead and dispute but dont call it troll job.

Spider, Jones and bj fans unite !!
1/10 thread

If you are going off names, opponents being ex champs and size only Fedor is the GOAT!

only thing Jones is greatest at is pharmaceutical enhancements and there too anderoid silva gives him a good run

Last edited:
Spot on as far as I am concerned. And, no question about it, GSP lost his fight against Hendricks.

I don’t really care what others say or how they rank this made up title. But getting busted for peds mean your legacy is trash.

Rampage
Lyoto
Vitor
Rashad
DC x2
Shogun

then you have gus x2
Chael
Bader
Santos
Reyes
Smith
Glover

Only truths. Good post.

Blame Jon and Anderson for pissing hot and magically looking like shit performance wise right after. Doesn't help that Jon arguably lost his 2 last fights, only earning the judges scorecards because he's "the long reigning champ".

Rampage
Lyoto
Vitor
Rashad
DC x2
Shogun

then you have gus x2
Chael
Bader
Santos
Reyes
Smith
Glover

So if they're so delusional, you shouldn't care so much about they're delusion, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back