GSP vs Adesanya

i dont think he can out grind izzy for 5 rounds

Same GSP that waited till Bisping had the belt to come back and fight?

Same GSP that dropped the belt and dissapeared when it was time to fight Whittaker?

Hell no lol

Money on it not happening

He'd take Adesanya down at will and control him for 25 minutes.

Izzy is highly skilled but he wasn't matched up against great wrestlers for a reason.

And GSP would get starched now btw. In his prime, he's got a chance to control him for five rounds.

As great as GSP is, he knows better than to ask for Izzy. Too risky for a pragmatist like Georges.

"Oh yeah, I definitely think he has a shot against Anderson," he said. "One thing about Anderson is this right here: Anderson's a great fighter, but one thing with Anderson is that he has such a problem with defending the takedown. And then on the ground even sometimes he allows people to advance position way too much."

"You see Chael Sonnen, the second time he fought him," Evans continued. "He took him down and before the round's over he had him in mount. You get a guy like Georges St-Pierre in a position like that, Anderson may not make it to another round."

"Oh yeah, I definitely think he has a shot against Anderson," he said. "One thing about Anderson is this right here: Anderson's a great fighter, but one thing with Anderson is that he has such a problem with defending the takedown. And then on the ground even sometimes he allows people to advance position way too much."

"You see Chael Sonnen, the second time he fought him," Evans continued. "He took him down and before the round's over he had him in mount. You get a guy like Georges St-Pierre in a position like that, Anderson may not make it to another round."
So the guy who finished 1 out of 9 title defenses against bloated LWs and one dimensional WWs would finish the MW GOAT?

No GSP would get smoked. In his prime he might have done it but not now. 6 inches of height and 4 inches of reach plus the huge disparity in striking skill would be too much to overcome even for a fighter the caliber of Georges.

Money on GSP
giphy.gif

GSP at his best would grapple fuck Izzy.

Re-watch the Bisping fight. What did that GSP show there that suggests he'd beat Adesanya?
He got a takedown in the first and second and Bisping got straight back up. He got a takedown in the third and Bisping smashed him from the bottom.
GSP did look good from the point he dropped Bisping to the finish but he looked pretty terrible up to that point.
It must have been almost 14 minutes of the Bisping fight that took place standing. That GSP wasn't the GSP from 10 years ago.

i dont think he can out grind izzy for 5 rounds
GSP was FINISHED in Round 1 by Matt Serra in the UFC. Also, GSP damages quite easily. I think it will be a KO/TKO or doctor's stoppage win for Israel Adesanya. I don't think GSP will be able to lay-n-pray current Adesanya.

yeah, a guy like gsp who didn’t finish one opponent in like 5 years...

even if gsp manages a td in 1st hes not doing much with it n in 2nd Silva stuffs his td attempt n finishes him with strikes

GSP right now doesn't have the fire to take a fight like this, the only thing GSP wants to do in mma is take easy but high profile fights.
In his prime he may have been able to beat him, it would probably be competitive.

Gsp was too scared to face DaSpider why would he dare challenge Spider jr.? lol gtfo
Silva was the one who was scared. Why didn't he move down if he wanted the fight so bad? He knew he had nothing for GSP that's why he wanted it to be at his division.

Re-watch the Bisping fight. What did that GSP show there that suggests he'd beat Adesanya?
He got a takedown in the first and second and Bisping got straight back up. He got a takedown in the third and Bisping smashed him from the bottom.
GSP did look good from the point he dropped Bisping to the finish but he looked pretty terrible up to that point.
It must have been almost 14 minutes of the Bisping fight that took place standing. That GSP wasn't the GSP from 10 years ago.
That’s the same bisping that beat Anderson that Izzy went the distance with.

And George choked him to death

Back