GSP VS ISRAEL at 185

haplo

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
After getting outwrestled by Jan, do you think the king of takedown would have a chance vs Izzy by outwrestling and outgrapping him on the ground?

Lol. He would be knocked out on the feet before he could shoot a takedown

Absolutely. That would be a great fight.

I don't see it happening now that GSP is skinny but it would've been a good matchup.

GSP isn't going to fight at 185 any more IF he were to come out of retirement again. GSP was not able to add the weight comfortably in 2017 for the Bisping fight and had digestive issues resulting from the effort to bulk-up. I do think GSP wanted the Khabib fight at 155 for a chance at triple-champ or a basic catch-weight super fight for big $$$. A super fight with McGregor for big $$$ is no longer an option now that McGregor has been exposed as just another guy at 155. If you've seen recent pictures of GSP walking around and compare them to recent photos of current MW fighters walking around, the height and weight differential is pretty obvious. GSP is much better suited to LW or WW IMO. Father Time is undefeated and a very cruel bastard. GSP is still a talented well-rounded fighter, but reaction time and quickness do fade with age, so GSP at just two months shy of 40 is getting towards the end of the line if he wants to fight one last comeback fight.

Easy fight for GSP

GSP would have Gynosanya on the ground the whole fight.

We have seen what GSP does to both strikers and wrestlers.

After getting outwrestled by Jan, do you think the king of takedown would have a chance vs Izzy by outwrestling and outgrapping him on the ground?

nah.....GSP doesn't fight gifted black strikers.

This is a much more interesting fight than people think. Although GSP gave up on striking and became Mr. Jab Jab Shoot, he was originally a high level striker.
I would give GSP the edge. He should be able to survive on the feet long enough to find a takedown opportunity.

GSP will not have the size advantage of Jan. Jan's size is what kept Izzy from picking him apart from the outside, he wouldn't have issues with GSP like that. GSP waited for Bisping to be champ to go after MW title for a reason.

GSP has a chance to wrestle him to a decision but would probably get knocked out instead.

Yeah, I definitely do, but I don't think GSP would be interested in fighting Izzy coming off a loss.

Back