Law Gun and Gun Control News/Discussion

This is exactly why the gun huggers come across as totally unreasonable. If you can't even agree to give up high capacity mags then what point would it be to discuss the issue with you?

Would your life be any worse if they banned high capacity mags? Would it make you feel like a victim?

Yes it would make me feel like a victim.

How about less people being killed. You give up high capacity mags and less people will be killed in mass shootings. It's really simple.

What more of a compromise could you possibly want?

There are around 20,000 gun laws on the books right now at the Federal, State and local levels. That is a fuckton of compromise. And you demand more compromise? Maybe now you’ll understand why gun rights advocates fight anti gun pukes so much? What are you willing to compromise on those 20,000 to get standard capacity magazines banned?

It's very clear that mass shootings where high capacity mags are used have more fatalities. Pretty simple way to save a few lives.

Explain how that would save lives. As I said I can change a mag in about 2 or 3 seconds.

Pretty simple way to save a few lives.

So is removing "gun free zones" and improving security in places with those designation. But all folks want to discuss is more useless gun control.

Maybe before just going with your gut you should do a little research. Your post is based off your gut feeling which is incorrect. It seems too simple but by just banning high capacity mags we could save lives.

I guess we shouldn't though because guys like you would feel like victims?

You like to call us victims because we're not interested in playing this game with you. Gun control folks are some of the biggest whiners and most emotional people around. They let that drive their stupidity without any regard for facts. They like to claim a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rds = a high capacity mag. Pretty much every pistol available today comes with a magazine with a higher capacity than 10 rds. They're supposedly okay with a 10 rd magazine, but if you have a 12 or 15 rd mag you're a criminal. They want to proclaim that these are solely used in crimes or mass shootings and completely ignore the fact that in the event that a person actually needs to defend themselves that having a "high capacity" magazine would be a very helpful thing to have. I want as much of an advantage as possible in that case. A 10+ rd magazine gives me that advantage.

There are around 20,000 gun laws on the books right now at the Federal, State and local levels. That is a fuckton of compromise. And you demand more compromise? Maybe now you’ll understand why gun rights advocates fight anti gun pukes so much? What are you willing to compromise on those 20,000 to get standard capacity magazines banned?

I think he showed me that it really isn't about safety it's about his feelings . I even helped him out and told him how his side could use the nfa as a bargaining chip to get us ro agree to some changes but he ignored me. I honestly think he had no idea what I was even talking about. I keep trying to have a legit conversation with him but all he wants to do is be a dick.

Explain how that would save lives. As I said I can change a mag in about 2 or 3 seconds.

Look at the statistics man. If you are arguing that you need a high capacity mag then you should understand the collateral damage that creates. To put it simply, shootings where high capacity mags are used have greater number of fatalities.

BTW didn't figure you for the piss belt type, what did you do?

I went with 30, as 50 was too heavy. I guess I am just a noodle armed wimp.

View media item 35307

Don't let that gun give you a false sense of security, statistics prove that if there is a gun in the home someone living there is more likely to be shot.

LOL!

Can you name a few of these laws that really hamper the quality of your life? Which of these "20,000 laws" bother you the most?

Don't let that gun give you a false sense of security, statistics prove that if there is a gun in the home someone living there is more likely to be shot.

simpsons-homer.gif

Look at the statistics man. If you are arguing that you need a high capacity mag then you should understand the collateral damage that creates. To put it simply, shootings where high capacity mags are used have greater number of fatalities.

BTW didn't figure you for the piss belt type, what did you do?

I understand what you are saying and to someone not familiar with mag changes it would seem it would make sense. However the time to change mags would not make a difference unless you are limiting them to 10 rounds across the board. People are not going to support that.

I upset a liberal and liberal mod. But I'll take the heat even if I disagree.

Last edited:

LOL!

Can you name a few of these laws that really hamper the quality of your life? Which of these "20,000 laws" bother you the most?

He could name you a 100 and you'll just be a dick about whatever he has to say or ignore his point all together. I'll name you a few right now. Places you can carry and the never ending drama if you happen to own an AR pistol. It's fun having the government constantly trying to turn you into a criminal or threaten to confiscate your property .

Also that Stat about having a gun in your home and it likely to harm you is bunk and the only way you can make it work is to include suicide....which is not the same thing as accidently shooting your wife or kid coming home. It's misleading and it's anti gun propaganda

Meanwhile in Trudys Canada..

The government is trying to ban Airsoft guns because they look to scary..

He could name you a 100 and you'll just be a dick about whatever he has to say or ignore his point all together. I'll name you a few right now. Places you can carry and the never ending drama if you happen to own an AR pistol. It's fun having the government constantly trying to turn you into a criminal or threaten to confiscate your property .

Also that Stat about having a gun in your home and it likely to harm you is bunk and the only way you can make it work is to include suicide....which is not the same thing as accidently shooting your wife or kid coming home. It's misleading and it's anti gun propaganda

LOL! It's not a misleading stat. For the gun huggers it's very inconvenient though.

Plus most mass shootings involve an intimate partner so it's not just accidental home shootings and suicides.

You like to call us victims because we're not interested in playing this game with you. Gun control folks are some of the biggest whiners and most emotional people around. They let that drive their stupidity without any regard for facts. They like to claim a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rds = a high capacity mag. Pretty much every pistol available today comes with a magazine with a higher capacity than 10 rds. They're supposedly okay with a 10 rd magazine, but if you have a 12 or 15 rd mag you're a criminal. They want to proclaim that these are solely used in crimes or mass shootings and completely ignore the fact that in the event that a person actually needs to defend themselves that having a "high capacity" magazine would be a very helpful thing to have. I want as much of an advantage as possible in that case. A 10+ rd magazine gives me that advantage.
Fear is also an emotion.

Fear is also an emotion.

True. But I think you understand the point. I guess both sides play on the emotions of the general public to push for or against gun control, but let's be fair . . . one side does it more than the other.

Back on topic (some what) I think gun buybacks aren't quite having their intended impact . . .

True. But I think you understand the point. I guess both sides play on the emotions of the general public to push for or against gun control, but let's be fair . . . one side does it more than the other.

Back on topic (some what) I think gun buybacks aren't quite having their intended impact . . .

I don't think either side does it more than the other.... it's pretty damn equal, and if anything conservatives are better at playing the fear card as generally speaking conservatives are more motivated by fear (crack open a political psychology book if you doubt me).

All I see is constant crying about gun-control and how they're going to take all our guns, when the reality is that there is less gun control now than there was 30 years ago, and firearm sales and availability are off the charts.

I'm pro 2nd amendment, but find it laughable when conservatives claim that gun control doesn't work... which is ridiculous considering the countless examples internationally. Gun control works very well, as long as it's federal. Gun control just isn't worth it IMO, as the temporary safety you gain isn't worth the risk you take by giving up your right to defend your community.

I don't think either side does it more than the other.... it's pretty damn equal, and if anything conservatives are better at playing the fear card as generally speaking conservatives are more motivated by fear (crack open a political psychology book if you doubt me).

Gun control advocates use kids and gun owners use the 2A . . . yes, both can use both in an emotionally charged manner. Those mom's that demand seemed to be very motivated by fear. But whatever.

All I see is constant crying about gun-control and how they're going to take all our guns, when the reality is that there is less gun control now than there was 30 years ago, and firearm sales and availability are off the charts.

Less gun control now than 30 years ago? Please explain. If anything, post 1986 there is more gun control.

I'm pro 2nd amendment, but find it laughable when conservatives claim that gun control doesn't work... which is ridiculous considering the countless examples internationally. Gun control works very well, as long as it's federal. Gun control just isn't worth it IMO, as the temporary safety you gain isn't worth the risk you take by giving up your right to defend your community.

Fair enough . . . I disagree that it works very well, but you should also realize why those international examples appear to work and why that approach isn't possible here. For the US, nothing short of completely removing every privately owned firearm will allow it to work here.

Back