Law Gun and Gun Control News/Discussion

LOL!

Can you name a few of these laws that really hamper the quality of your life? Which of these "20,000 laws" bother you the most?
Where did I say any of these laws hamper my quality of life? I said that each one of them is a compromise that has been made. You claimed there was no willingness to compromise. I’m pointing out to you that there has already been a fuckton of compromise already.

Can you tell me why with so many existing laws already in place why they aren’t curbing gun crime?

Don't let that gun give you a false sense of security, statistics prove that if there is a gun in the home someone living there is more likely to be shot.
No shit?

Statistics say if you have a swimming pool in your back yard someone that lives there is more likely to drown.

Statistics say if you have a car the more likely you are to be in an auto accident.

Ground breaking logic here.

I think he showed me that it really isn't about safety it's about his feelings . I even helped him out and told him how his side could use the nfa as a bargaining chip to get us ro agree to some changes but he ignored me. I honestly think he had no idea what I was even talking about. I keep trying to have a legit conversation with him but all he wants to do is be a dick.
You are right. He doesn’t actually care about saving lives. The truth is a while ago he admitted his wife left him because she was banging another dude. That guy was pro gun so he has a fetish to punish gun owners as a way to get back at his ex that left him.

Where did I say any of these laws hamper my quality of life? I said that each one of them is a compromise that has been made. You claimed there was no willingness to compromise. I’m pointing out to you that there has already been a fuckton of compromise already.

Can you tell me why with so many existing laws already in place why they aren’t curbing gun crime?

When you are unwilling to even give up high capacity mags you need to expect people to b eleven you won't compromise at all on the issue.

How do you know the existing laws are not curbing gun violence? I mean, what makes you think we would have the same amount of crime without any gun restrictions?

No shit?

Statistics say if you have a swimming pool in your back yard someone that lives there is more likely to drown.

Statistics say if you have a car the more likely you are to be in an auto accident.

Ground breaking logic here.

Exactly, having a gun in the home makes everyone living there less safe. You would be amazed at how many gun huggers completely ignore or deny this fact. Bully for you for owning up to it.

This begs the question: Since guns are not really about protection as they make people less safe, are they really just about making the shooters/owners feel more powerful?

So fighting against gun laws is really about protecting gun huggers feelings I think.

When you are unwilling to even give up high capacity mags you need to expect people to b eleven you won't compromise at all on the issue.

What would giving up standard capacity magazines do to significantly impact to gun violence? Again with all the compromise already that gun rights advocates have done why aren’t you willing to compromise?

How do you know the existing laws are not curbing gun violence? I mean, what makes you think we would have the same amount of crime without any gun restrictions?

You tell me are the existing laws curbing gun violence? If they were and you actually cared (you don’t) you wouldn’t be here crying it’s not enough. I didn’t say anything about removing all gun restrictions so there’s no point in answering your straw man argument.

What are you willing to compromise to have magazine capability capped at some arbitrary amount?

Last edited:
Exactly, having a gun in the home makes everyone living there less safe. You would be amazed at how many gun huggers completely ignore or deny this fact. Bully for you for owning up to it.

This begs the question: Since guns are not really about protection as they make people less safe, are they really just about making the shooters/owners feel more powerful?

So fighting against gun laws is really about protecting gun huggers feelings I think.

How many times a year do gun owners protect themselves, their families and homes with their firearms? Increased risk doesn’t mean decreased levels of protection.

You’re logic says having a swimming pool in your back yard is primarily to let people drown. Or that car ownership is done for the primary reason of crashing the car? Do you admit to that being true in your opinion?

You don’t like guns and have an irrational fear of them so you are simply projecting that fear onto gun owners. It’s dishonest of you to do so.

Last edited:

It's a bullshit because it counts only use of self defense if the gun is fired.

It counts suicide also.

And this is why there is no compromise.

You are right. He doesn’t actually care about saving lives. The truth is a while ago he admitted his wife left him because she was banging another dude. That guy was pro gun so he has a fetish to punish gun owners as a way to get back at his ex that left him.
<TheWire1>

Wow, that explains a lot.

What Shang Ra la do you live in that the singular removal of standard capacity magazines will stop school shootings. Drop the troll bud.

What Shang Ra la do you live in that the singular removal of standard capacity magazines will stop school shootings. Drop the troll bud.

Maybe spend a little time reviewing statistics of mass shooting with and without the use of high capacity magazines before asking that question. After all, isn't the point of this thread that if you don't fully understand a subject you should not be allowed to discuss?

Maybe spend a little time reviewing statistics of mass shooting with and without the use of high capacity magazines before asking that question. After all, isn't the point of this thread that if you don't fully understand a subject you should not be allowed to discuss?

The Vegas shooting with the bump stock is the only mass shooting with high capacity magazines that I’m familiar with. I see a few gang type shootings with high cap magazines a year, but they’re really not the norm

The Vegas shooting with the bump stock is the only mass shooting with high capacity magazines that I’m familiar with. I see a few gang type shootings with high cap magazines a year, but they’re really not the norm

He's playing with his own definition of what a high capacity mag is. I think what you and I think of as standard is what he is talking about. I'm not sure how many he thinks they should hold but I've seen him propose 1.

You clearly are incapable of having a rational conversation about the topic at hand as evident by our previous dialogue. Just admit you are spam trolling all the gun threads because you are afraid of guns. Many people have anxiety about guns no shame will befall you. We have already discussed in depth how banning Standard Capacity Magazines (anything over 10 rounds) is not a solution to prevent mass shootings with CDC data on the subject. The least educated individual in the thread parroting isolated statistics as the lynch pin to curb mass shootings. Multiple posters beside myself have brought this up to you. Yet you seem content on doubling down on ignorance and feeling you are entitled to decide who has an opinion when the counterpoints have used facts and statistics to prove not only are you wrong but at this point you are willfully so.

You clearly are incapable of having a rational conversation about the topic at hand as evident by our previous dialogue. Just admit you are spam trolling all the gun threads because you are afraid of guns. Many people have anxiety about guns no shame will befall you. We have already discussed in depth how banning Standard Capacity Magazines (anything over 10 rounds) is not a solution to prevent mass shootings with CDC data on the subject. The least educated individual in the thread parroting isolated statistics as the lynch pin to curb mass shootings. Multiple posters beside myself have brought this up to you. Yet you seem content on doubling down on ignorance and feeling you are entitled to decide who has an opinion when the counterpoints have used facts and statistics to prove not only are you wrong but at this point you are willfully so.
Shhhh don’t tell homeslice
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/03/report-parkland-shooter-did-not-use-high-capacity-magazines/

Back