PlayStation GUNDAM BATTLE OPERATION 2-- PS4 free to play without PS Plus membership

Kinda sorta.

Each mobile suit (MS), weapon, custom part has individually obtainable levels like Lv 1, Lv 2, etc. The higher the level, the bigger the boost, but with parts, the higher level ones will take up more parts slots leaving less slots to equip other parts. If you choose to buy via credits, you must first already have the prior level version. If you choose to trade via recycle tickets, you can get a higher level item without having the lesser version.

In addition, each of the above is marked in a 3 star scale where *** is the most rare.

To see what's best, you need to look at what weapons a MS can use (can't view all it can use if you don't own it or didn't unlock or acquire the alternate weapon), look at the weapon's power, range, reload time.

It's more an issue of finding the right MS that suits your preferred role. I wanted to use the MS the main characters from the cartoon used, but those don't have good weapons for my role.

Right now, new and returning players get special bonuses. Also currently there's a crazy accelerated enhancement bonus where they give you a ton of credits and mechanic's tickets to further enhance your MS's attributes, so quickly figure out what MS will be your goto MS and enhance it to the max.

I tried out this Gundam that has this mega high beam cannon whatevers, but it must be charged for 20 seconds before you can fire and you cannot move around while it's charging. Does the most damage I've seen, but also takes forever to wait to be able to fire again. It's good to have, but you're a sitting duck while charging and must not miss any shots or end up wasting your offense.
Thx for the reply
I pulled a gold box unit named g 3 has range lvl upto 24 what seems high yet can't use in ranked for some reason

Thx for the reply
I pulled a gold box unit named g 3 has range lvl upto 24 what seems high yet can't use in ranked for some reason

The MS unit has like melee attack power, melee defense power, range attack, range defense. These can be boosted via parts. I've seen some enemy units take zero damage from my shots. Using various guns, I've taken off anywhere from 1/3rd to all of an enemy's HP with a single shot.

You probably can't use it in ratings match because the room has a Cost limit. Cost like 200, 250, 300, 350, etc. You have to pay attention to the room's cost limit and make sure you have a MS that qualifies before entering the room or you will get ejected at the countdown and possibly be penalized after too many times. In HARO, you must assign/register a particular MS to be used for the next ground or next space battle. I saw somewhere that Ratings Matches pay out the most credits, EXP.

In addition, if your MS is Lv 3, you can equip a Lv 5 weapon, but will be forced to use a lesser version if in a cost limited room. For this reason, I only equip a weapon the same level as the MS level or lower if I don't have anything higher.

If you're having too much trouble with the higher level MS, try using the free MS given at the start to new players like GM Trainer, GM Cannon, Zaku II, etc. Also, if you do the tutorials and battle simulators, you can earn MS, tokens, parts, etc.

Decent source of info like which units can use a particular weapon:

https://gbo2.fandom.com/wiki/Gundam_Battle_Operation_2_Wiki

Some of the maps in this game have like buildings in ruins with some narrow gaps where I thought I could shoot thru the gap and hit the enemy, but no.

Today an enemy somehow managed to shoot me around a corner where I tried to get a shot, but couldn't see even a sliver of him to shoot.

I got a random drop of a 550 cost mobile suit and I think after charging/focusing, it took like 100% of an enemy's HP in one shot! Gonna try to enhance it to the max.

I don't know if this is temporary during the anniversary, but during the post-battle crate drop screen, I noticed when I got a shitty brown crate, the text said something like if I get X number more of those, I get a guaranteed silver or gold crate next.

Yesterday I got the text saying next is silver or gold, so tried to see if it applied to crates via tokens so did a one spin and got a silver crate with ** Agguguy. First crate today after battle was also silver, but recycle tickets.

EDIT: Got another post-battle brown crate text saying next crate is guaranteed silver or gold and then went to spend 3 tokens and got brown crate this time, so the guaranteed silver or gold is likely only for post-battle crates.

Last edited:
Game looks fun. Can I pilot the Bawoo and R-Jarja? love those two suits.

Recent new ZZ suits were ZZ Gundam, R-Jarja, Qubeley, Hamma Hamma (not sure if this is ZZ), Gaza-C. Already had Asshimar flying donut UFO, Barzam(?). You'll get the hang of the controls fast especially after doing the tutorials for tokens, etc. I don't think it has Bawoo yet, but Wednesday is the last week of anniversary so something big is likely coming.

Last night they revealed Zeta Plus A1. I think I saw somewhere that's what Amuro used later.

Did 60 pulls immediately upon refresh and got junk and duplicates. Today did 30 pulls and got the Zeta Plus A1 which has Hyaku Shiki beam rifle. Stats look like it has good movement speed.

I'm leaning towards not pursuing or enhancing the MS that have some mega beam cannon that requires charging it for several seconds then needs over a minute to be able to fire another shot. Too many times someone shot me while charging and had to start over or I'd be charged and ready to shoot, but no enemy on the horizon to shoot.

https://bo2.ggame.jp/en/info/?p=43991

From today's words from the developer, seems like in the near future... underwater battles. They showed a short video of what looked like Port Base with those big pools filled with water. Maybe also Impact Site and Mountain. I was wanting some new battle locales. Maybe they could turn some existing space locales into normal ground battle sites.

Several times when certain enemy MS attack, my controller just won't allow me to shoot or do anything or enemy will attempt melee attack and there's no way he should have reached me, but I still take damage a distance away. Really cheap and screwy.

The R-Jarja is the Kamaru Usman of Gundam mobile suits. He's a problem. It seemed to do like 4+ hit combos on me until dead from full health bar to zero. My controller is scared frozen and won't let me shoot or dodge.

Yesterday I did a one pull for 3 tokens and got the new Lv. 2 Dreissen! That's the first time I intended to pull once and got the big prize. The mobile suit is another slippery sliding ice skates unit, so hard to stop and shoot.

The past day or so seems like maybe they did something to the drop rates where before I kept getting 1,000 credits, but recently seem to be getting more duplicate MS or weapons.

Palace Athene was released last night. A support unit. Haven't seen weapons or range/power. From Zeta.

Right after pulling a one try Dreissen, next one try got R-Jarja, but I suck at both. Third one try was garbage.

Got the Palace Athene on 2nd 10 pull, and now have the full Titans outfit, faded though. The long range weapons don't seem to suit my usual role.

Learned a couple of things:

Saw someone post if you squat beside your team's base, that hasn't been destroyed yet, AND exit the MS to use your repair tool, you can repair the MS faster than doing just one repair method.

Learned that Mix Up custom rooms with Japanese saying something A something B or A wins B loses have some understanding that it's for farming containers where if you get assigned to Team A, you go attack and Team B just stands there as cannon fodder. This way the Mix Up battle goes even faster than the normal few minutes. Got like 3 consecutive container drops this way when teammate used Encourage. I thought I was gonna go 0 containers for the day until I did Mix Up.

EDIT: These Mix Up rooms A wins B loses are great. Used my Encourages there when on Team A and pretty much guaranteed win and got my max container drops early in the day and no need to grind the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Developer note on the official page detailed out some stuff relating to the upcoming water maps. Ruined City map will have the outer edge filled with water as default now. There's a new jungle/river map and Port Base has those pools filled.

Being in water is to reduce weapons overheating cooldown time, so good. Radar will be bad. I guess it's time to enhance my underwater mobile suits.

I recently realized if your MS has a shield and you equip shield HP parts, you can see the specs number boost, so I'm guessing if your MS doesn't carry a shield, it's pointless to equip shield HP parts.

Bawoo revealed in tonight's new banner. Last week was Methuss. I think prior to that was GM Night Seeker V.

I tried maybe 25+ pulls for Methuss and couldn't get it.

I heard about this before and for the first time today, had teammate who wouldn't re-spawn and later saw him in the map just sitting inside the base instead of helping the team fight the other team. This wasn't a battle where you can bomb each other's base, so he wasn't defusing any bomb. I really don't understand what the point of that is. Don't want to play, then don't logon and don't play.

A few days earlier, had teammate who wouldn't budge from atop an overpass. Was there for a long time away from the fray.

Game developer recently posted this GBO2 game will be working on PS5 too but with no resolution boost. I guess PS4 players will then be able to clash with PS5 players. They said the PS5 will use the same PS4 account game data.

Once again crossed paths with one of those turds who intentionally friendly fire attack their own teammates right at the beginning of battle even though now they risk immediate automatic suspension, I think. Suspecting he's done this many times to others, I googled his PSN and found these pages where the Japanese players post some really catty things about numerous players who play this game. Granted I only google translated a few of the Japanese posts, but never saw any where they post anything nice. It's just catty toxic venom like this player is trash, always will lose, stays in one place (like snipers usually do, duh), foreigner. They really took the time to post shit about a ton of players.

There's one player in particular who will not press Sortie, then do room text chat saying who will use General Unit or Raid Unit, the frontline will be rough, then posts "good game" and exits after wasting everyone's time.

Looks like starting very soon, 10 free supply drop calls per week for 4 weeks! Special for limited time. Also something about limited time to try for supply drops giving stuff you don't already have. I still don't have a ZZ or any of the two Qubeleys.

Yesterday I did over 30 battles and zero container drops until a couple after all that. Didn't have any penalties either.

Tonight's banner update: FAZZ.

Got it via the half off 10 pack supply calls. One gun has like 1700 power, but maybe 400 range. Other gun has 800 range and big power, but takes maybe over a minute to recharge after shooting and needs to charge for maybe half a minute to fire. Not practical.

Apparently the GBO2 maximum limit for DP is over 1,000,000.

Last edited:
Back