PlayStation GUNDAM BATTLE OPERATION 2-- PS4 free to play without PS Plus membership

In this game, maybe 2 or 3 times I was outside the MS repairing and a teammate stopped and got out of his MS and helped repair my suit. You rarely see that kind of unselfishness in online multiplayer. I stopped once or twice to help teammate repair too when no enemies were around. I didn't even know you could do repairs on someone else's MS.

Another day, I saw teammate repairing and enemy MS approaching so tried to defend teammate and ended up being outmatched by faster enemy MS and my teammate instead of helping and doing a 2 vs. 1, he ran away! WTF.

After using all my tokens each day for 1x tries, finally got The O! Seems pretty fast. Rifle has 3000 power, but range not that great. 3 shots of ammo, but doesn't seem to take forever to reload. The ability to hold maybe 4 beam sabers at a time seems appealing especially since they have big power too.

Been spending my tokens as soon as I got them to chase the Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai and just got it. Used it in space and not sure if I sucked or I sucked due to the whole team sucking and a few players being idle for long time.

Has something I think called Mega Particle Cannon, and I think Hyaku Shiki in Zeta used it and it was a huge beam blast, but the one in GBO2 shoots from chest and has very unimpressive damage power.

I think maybe Doven Wolf has a two handed grip big beam cannon that looks more like what I thought Mega Particle Cannon should be.

Even way back in Super Famicom Super Robot Wars 4, that weapon was a huge beam with long range and could hit a maybe 3x6 area hitting all enemies in that path.

Been spending my tokens as soon as I got them to chase the Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai and just got it. Used it in space and not sure if I sucked or I sucked due to the whole team sucking and a few players being idle for long time.

Has something I think called Mega Particle Cannon, and I think Hyaku Shiki in Zeta used it and it was a huge beam blast, but the one in GBO2 shoots from chest and has very unimpressive damage power.

I think maybe Doven Wolf has a two handed grip big beam cannon that looks more like what I thought Mega Particle Cannon should be.

Even way back in Super Famicom Super Robot Wars 4, that weapon was a huge beam with long range and could hit a maybe 3x6 area hitting all enemies in that path.

eh that mobile suit was suppose to transform, but was basically a test bed for the ZETA gundam. its final form was the
MSN-001A1 Delta Plus

I've never seen any MS transform into something that looked cool. I don't even transform in the video game.

Looks like tonight's update will have a new old map: military base and have English voice for the battle support. Interesting that they add English voice after how many years since this released.

Seems like almost every somewhat major update patch ends up causing some big breakage. Seems like North American region players cannot successfully join or create a room to sortie. I'm wondering if this was intentional to see if there are fewer troublemaker reports when USA and Europe players cannot sortie.

there are transforming ones in the game.

I am aware. I have Zeta and yellow donut Asshimar. I think I have some sort of tank too.

The new old Military Base map was described by the developers as being good for flying due to lack of tall obstacles.

Th
I am aware. I have Zeta and yellow donut Asshimar. I think I have some sort of tank too.

The new old Military Base map was described by the developers as being good for flying due to lack of tall obstacles.

i want them to add the byarlant aka the mobile built to hunt down gundam and prototype suits

Th

i want them to add the byarlant aka the mobile built to hunt down gundam and prototype suits
https://bo2.ggame.jp/en/info/?p=54662

Not sure about spelling, but they did recently reveal something spelled like that. They had Gaplant from a while back, I think.

Last night was Gapool, where I read people say might be not bad with stomach lasers, crotch lasers, Wolverine claws.

Finally USA PSN PS4 players can sortie again after almost 5 days of being down!

The new old Military Base map is not that bad. Seems like players like to use stealth MS there.

Some of these players somehow are able to pop out behind something for a split second and accurately shoot me and duck back. I can't seem to do that since it takes too long to line up my shot. What's their secret?

Yesterday for one hour I tried to sortie, but the game kept letting rooms fill, then disintegrated saying failed to communicate with host. Many joining room and dropping out. Could only successfully complete one sortie in that one hour.

Also noticed Palace Athene has a missile where the damage looks misleading around 1000, but it has 8 shots and the thing is it fires all 8 missiles from one press of the button, so does huge damage if connects. I think one firing can take half the Arctic Base's rocket's health.

This week's new MS is the Zaku III. Don't have it yet.

Maybe starting with tonight's banner refresh, seems like soon there will be a lot of specials for newbies and vets for celebrating 3 million downloads including something like triple the tokens for daily missions, 100% recon crate finding rate, Geymalk from ZZ(?), other freebies for daily logins, some sort of free 10 pull with 10 consecutive * MS, then subsequent steps possibly 10 straight ** MS, *** MS, etc.

Didn't see anything on compensation tokens for the maybe four straight day outage where PS4 North American players couldn't sortie.

Today the Recycle Ticket store has the Lv. 5 Melee boost part for maybe 350 tickets. This is only the 2nd time I saw this part available.

Might be a good idea to do all the dailies and get the max daily crates prior to the update because these guys have a history of screwing something up in the update patches and the game might be down for who knows how long.

EDIT: Confirmed one container after each and every battle until you reach your daily limit based on what medals you acquired. This really is the time for newbies and former players to return to the game. The bad thing is this morning the game had a bunch of network error problems.

Last edited:
Saved up just enough tokens for a half price 10 pull and a split second after seeing a gold crate coming, hoped for the higher level MS I wanted and got it! Watch out 600 cost players! (EDIT: Not dominating with the 600 cost version yet. Earlier with a 500 cost version, was getting like 7 kills per battle a bunch of times one day. Gonna take another 2000 enhancement pts to max this out after saving *** mechanic tickets in anticipation of getting this.)

This past week's new MS was Zeta HML(?) which I think might be the High Mega Launcher double handle bar big gun.

Last edited:
Got a Zeta HML today via supply drop brown crate. I think it has less stats than the regular Zeta. The High Mega Launcher double handle bar cannon has something like 450 range and can be focus charged maybe 10 seconds, but reload is extremely slow.

It's way too rare to be unmolested long enough to charge for a super power blast. Doesn't seem practical.

Now's a good time to get back into GBO2 due to spring festival. Something about free 10 pulls, 100% container finding rate, new Quin Mantha combat simulation boss fight (got it done for 2nd tier reward on first try, but thanks to AI teammates).

This week's new MS: Jegan.

Did the half price 10 pull and got Gallus J or something like that, where guaranteed one of four specially selected MS. Each step is a diff four MS. Also got a duplicate The O.

If you leave the start menu screen on a while, it'll play this sharp CGI intro movie clip of launching the RX-78.

Something really weird. May have been hacking cheating. I set the bomb in enemy base and stayed inside the base to kill any defenders. I have clear view of the bomb panel and radar. Never saw anyone come in, then suddenly got the commentator saying enemy defused the bomb. Anyone else ever experience that? Never even heard enemy pilot fly or walk in or heard the bomb defusing sounds.

New game battle mode revealed tonight: Brawl.

10 player every man for himself. You kill an MS, you get some of his points. You get killed, the opponent who killed you gets some of your points. Like Highlander?

1st try got 3rd place. 2nd try got 10th out of 10. This GM Night Stalker just slashes you like 7 times without you being able to do anything at all. I think the melee experts will excel in Brawl Mode.

So this game right now after last night's update is trying to encourage players to play more space battles and is having a multi-tiered challenge where you do sets of 3 tasks to advance until the 5th tier where you get the new Gelgoog Vortex (sounds badass, but dunno what weapons it's got). The requirements involve achieving certain Ratings ranks, but it's very f'ing difficult because you win, then you lose like the next 3 and fall back down because you keep getting shitty teammates who all think they're one man army and other team scores well over double our points. Right now, seems really impossible. I was at like D+, but scratched and clawed to maybe C borderline about to fall back into C-. Need to get to B-, then A, I think.

Thought about using stealth suits like Eyezack or Zaku Flipper, but can't seem to sneak around and do effective offense.

Edit: I've concluded going from C- to B- or A rating is impossible due to too many of the players being really shitty and/or trolls who die and refuse to respawn and then allow their teammates to be outnumbered and slaughtered. I kept yo-yoing from D+ to C and could never get a long enough win streak going to climb higher. Anything that relies on having competent non-troll teammates is impossible.

Edit 2: Gave up trying to get B- rating and space rating went all the way down to D- after peaking around mid-C. I think the D- rating is prohibiting me from joining some Mix Up rooms that exclude low ratings players. Good news is I got a MP Qubeley from accidentally doing a 30 token 10 pull thinking it was a fresh 50% off 10 pull. My first and only Qubeley so far.

Edit 3: Got the Gelgoog Vertex after maybe 12 single gacha pulls. The beam gatling gun seems pretty powerful. I think also has 3 hit melee combo and 2 melee weapons. More speed than Gelgoog Cannon.

Last edited:
Back