Social Half of Florida hospitalized covid patients are 25-55 years old, 96% unvaccinated

We have had lockdowns, restrictions, and now vaccines are easily obtainable and accessible. Time to just let the vulnerable and stubborn face whatever happens to them

well seeing how this is easilly preventable, and becoming a burden on the health care system, i wouldnt be surprised when the insurance companies decide to no longer cover a persons medical expenses if theyve refused to get the vaccine.

and when hospitals start to reach max capacity, like they are right now in louisiana, and theyre running short of ventilators and ICU beds and it comes down to them having to pick who lives and who dies, the unvaccinated should receive lowest priority.

but hey. its still their body, their choice. they don't have to take it. they've done their 5 minutes of research on youtube and google and concluded in their own little worlds that they are invincible and they will never get the disease, and if they do theyll have like a 99.8% chance of surviving it or whatever. their little political virus only affects old people in blue states and all that.

I have one particular friend that works icu at a hospital (15 min from orlando) and she was the one that pulled the plug on her own coworker turned patient at that same hospital. That was just last week. That's kinda trippy.

Then a girl i went to nursing school with whos only 28 and not fat got it a month ago and is still on oxygen at home. She opted against getting the vaccine because she was breastfeeding.

My hospital has been quarantining units now and staff are out with positive cases and this is affecting my hospital more now than even at the height of coivid back in july or whatever of last year.

Also the walmarts around here have been shutting down for deep cleaning days because so many of thier workers have tested positive.

I believe the media is probably overblowing it but i also believe covid is real and not just a common cold.
From experience , it's definatly not a common cold. It's very similar to influenza ( the real flu you only get a few times a decade ) and sucks. It will definatly kick the shit out of you , definatly wouldn't be lining up to get it again . With that said , I have an autoimmune disease, so I'm definstly not "young and healthy " and beat it with little to no issues. The media definstly exasberates things in both directions. It's not a common cold and you aren't going to be on deaths door if you get it

well seeing how this is easilly preventable, and becoming a burden on the health care system, i wouldnt be surprised when the insurance companies decide to no longer cover a persons medical expenses if theyve refused to get the vaccine.

and when hospitals start to reach max capacity, like they are right now in louisiana, and theyre running short of ventilators and ICU beds and it comes down to them having to pick who lives and who dies, the unvaccinated should receive lowest priority.

but hey. its still their body, their choice. they don't have to take it. they've done their 5 minutes of research on youtube and google and concluded in their own little worlds that they are invincible and they will never get the disease, and if they do theyll have like a 99.8% chance of surviving it or whatever.

Yep. Their body, their choice. Face the consequences of it.

I live in Central Florida and have about 6 or 7 posts on my Facebook asking for prayers for people with COVID.

My son and wife just got over it. Luckily my daughter and I avoided it. Step Dads surgery just got rescheduled.
Just found out a dude I went to High School with is in rough shape with COVID. He wife posted a message last night. Apparently he has been in the hospital for about 10 days.
Had a guy that I graduated with, his older brother just passed away.
Getting rough out there. I am vaccinated but back to wearing a mask. About a month ago, you were seeing like less than 25% masks in the grocery store, went to Target the other day and I would say 75% masked.
Be careful out there, wash your hands and try not to get too close to strangers. Also Covid can be spread through fecal matter, so know the butthole you are eating.
This could be all avoided if some people just stop shaking hands at least for now?

Insurance companies are governed by the state.

There is no way the state is going to tell the private insurance company to not cover their citizens.
It'd be like saying we're not covering lung cancer for smokers. They don't do that now, they just charge you more or refuse to issue a policy.

It would be a nightmare for state, citizen and the insurance company.

I've yet to run across anyone around here that has the Rona .

Half of fl having covid is greatly exaggerated .

Desantis bless

I was diagnosed with COVID on Saturday. My mother, father, sister and brother-in-law have it as well. We’re all between 30-60 years old, with varying pre-existing conditions. All of us have been experiencing mild symptoms for the past 7-10 days.
When my sister and her husband got tested the Mayo Clinic they went to was fairly empty. The next day, there were quite a few more people in the emergency room (the nurse I spoke to was having a pretty rough day). They stopped administering tests the day after that, and my parents had to go somewhere else to get tested.

We’re all doing fairly well, but some of the people I saw in the hospital weren’t. Most of them were over 60, and one person was young but severely overweight. It’s fine to think that relatively healthy people are going to beat this thing, but denying the evidence that cases are spiking in Florida is a huge mistake. It’s happening, so be safe out there.

We have had lockdowns, restrictions, and now vaccines are easily obtainable and accessible. Time to just let the vulnerable and stubborn face whatever happens to them
Yeah except when hospitals reach capacity because of these assholes and car crash victims come through who can't get an ICU bed because there aren't any.

Regardless, no matter what data says, people have their mind made up if they're being vaccinated or not

I was diagnosed with COVID on Saturday. My mother, father, sister and brother-in-law have it as well. We’re all between 30-60 years old, with varying pre-existing conditions. All of us have been experiencing mild symptoms for the past 7-10 days.
When my sister and her husband got tested the Mayo Clinic they went to was fairly empty. The next day, there were quite a few more people in the emergency room (the nurse I spoke to was having a pretty rough day). They stopped administering tests the day after that, and my parents had to go somewhere else to get tested.

We’re all doing fairly well, but some of the people I saw in the hospital weren’t. Most of them were over 60, and one person was young but severely overweight. It’s fine to think that relatively healthy people are going to beat this thing, but denying the evidence that cases are spiking in Florida is a huge mistake. It’s happening, so be safe out there.
Speedy recovery to you and your family

Yeah except when hospitals reach capacity because of these assholes and car crash victims come through who can't get an ICU bed because there aren't any.

Regardless, no matter what data says, people have their mind made up if they're being vaccinated or not

Part of that is just letting unvaxxed covid hospital cases go untreated. No room in the Inn for them. Sorry, go die somewhere else

As usual they are pushing the push. As i clicked on the twitter page.

Gov. John Bel Edwards reissues indoor mask mandate for Louisiana. More than 2,000 infections today involve children. "Let's rid ourselves of the notion, right now, that kids can't get COVID. We can't send children back into school unvaccinated & unmasked."

Back