• Halloween H20 Twenty Years Later

• Halloween Resurrection

• Rob Zombie's Halloween

• Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

• Halloween '18

• Halloween Kills

• Halloween Ends

Results are only viewable after voting.
I dont really like A24 but I was interested in seeing something different which they would have provided.

I saw a few articles where they are flexing the cinematic Halloween Universe phrase often and to me I'm like great JLC/Danielle Harris/Others have the potential to return when I just want some new blood injected into Halloween. Definitely rooting for it either way.

Miramax? This is kind of confusing because Miramax has basically been in the picture since H6. So I'm not sure what to make of this. I guess they just happened to hold on to the rights?

From the link:
Deadline reports, “Miramax Television has signed a wide-ranging deal with Trancas to develop and co-produce a Halloween TV series, which also includes a first-look agreement on other television projects for the international marketplace.”

The site’s report continues, “The new Halloween series is envisioned to potentially launch a cinematic universe spanning film and television. Miramax’s Head of Global TV Marc Helwig will be overseeing the franchise creatively in close collaboration with Akkad.”

“Jointly controlling both the film and TV rights would allow Miramax and Trancas to map out an integrated film-TV universe,” Deadline’s report also notes.

A cinematic universe? Good lord, that sounds terrible. Seems like they're trying to copy the MCU, which has completely nosedived since No Way Home. This is just going to water the IP down to bolivian. With crap on top of crap on top of crap.
{<doc}

Of course, my opinion could change once I hear more about what they're planning, and actually see some footage, but for right now...... I feel extremely trepidatious about this.

I was pulling for either Paramount or A24. Maybe there's still a chance for them with a theatrical film? The article mentions a film/tv universe, but didn't seem to mention anything about the film rights. So.... idk.

At the end of the day I feel like Malek has been a total failure replacing his father. Moustapha seemed to care way more about the franchise while Malek is just in it for the money.

ufc-smh.gif

Fan concept. I like to ignore all the shots used from the Blumhouse trilogy since those movies literally repulse me. But the rest of it looks cool. If some of the actors that pop up in this trailer popped up in the real trailer I would absolutely LOSE MY SHIT. Especially the shot of Michael with the gray coveralls, burnt hand and thorn symbol. (tears of pure joy)

Anyway, it's a pretty cool concept. How much do you want to bet this fan trailer is going to be way better than the actual trailer? I'm gonna bookmark this post to compare. (Get real, there's absolutely no way the real thing is going to come anywhere close to this - Malek Akkad sucks)

Bloody Disgusting: Time frequently changes perceptions about projects. I immediately thought of how when the new ‘Halloween’ trilogy came out, many people gained a greater appreciation for those older films, including yours.

Dwight Little: That’s another movie that was not received very well. It did well commercially, but the critic response was not great. I don’t know what the expectations were with Michael Myers. There’s an initial resistance to that movie, but later over the years, there have been several reissues on DVD and Blu-ray, and so forth. And of course, it plays every year, and I think people really love it now. Maybe you’re right, maybe the trilogy made them nostalgic for ‘Halloween 4.’

With the recent news that ‘Halloween’ might be getting a TV series, would that be something you’d be up to doing?

Oh, definitely. I know Malek [Akkad] is guiding that. But it’s really Universal’s play. I mean, I think they’re really… I would love to do it with Alan McElroy. Of course, we have to be invited, and I’m sure they have people that they’re interested in, so we’ll see how it plays out. But sure I would jump into that in a minute if we could figure out how to make that work.

Considering the greater appreciation for ‘Halloween 4,’ many fans are clamoring for more Rachel and Jamie, particularly a direct sequel to your film. If that would ever come into the conversation, would you do it?

Not only would I do it, I’ve actually pitched it. You keep [Rachel] alive and follow through with Jamie and Rachel. Ellie Cornell is alive and well, and living on the east coast. And I just worked with Daniel Harris, and she’s a doll. I think that’s a great movie. I think they should call it ‘Halloween 4: Part Two.’ Just be upfront about it and say what it is because that’s what it would be. In my own opinion, more than a TV show, I think that would get a lot of attention.

-----

Good lord, this would be a freaking DREAM COME TRUE if it actually happened. If it got officially greenlit, I can tell you right now it would be the most excited I've been for this franchise since H20. I would absolutely be over the freaking moon for this! The return of Danielle Harris and Ellie Cornell, the return of Dwight H Little to direct, the return of Alan B McElroy to write, hopefully the return of Alan Howarth to score, for an official sequel to HALLOWEEN 4.......

tumblr_oorrakZ7qh1w4o831o1_540.gif

7Dc3.gif

(No way this will ever actually happen as Malek Akkad is a fucking stooge)
giphy.gif

Bloody Disgusting: Time frequently changes perceptions about projects. I immediately thought of how when the new ‘Halloween’ trilogy came out, many people gained a greater appreciation for those older films, including yours.

Dwight Little: That’s another movie that was not received very well. It did well commercially, but the critic response was not great. I don’t know what the expectations were with Michael Myers. There’s an initial resistance to that movie, but later over the years, there have been several reissues on DVD and Blu-ray, and so forth. And of course, it plays every year, and I think people really love it now. Maybe you’re right, maybe the trilogy made them nostalgic for ‘Halloween 4.’

With the recent news that ‘Halloween’ might be getting a TV series, would that be something you’d be up to doing?

Oh, definitely. I know Malek [Akkad] is guiding that. But it’s really Universal’s play. I mean, I think they’re really… I would love to do it with Alan McElroy. Of course, we have to be invited, and I’m sure they have people that they’re interested in, so we’ll see how it plays out. But sure I would jump into that in a minute if we could figure out how to make that work.

Considering the greater appreciation for ‘Halloween 4,’ many fans are clamoring for more Rachel and Jamie, particularly a direct sequel to your film. If that would ever come into the conversation, would you do it?

Not only would I do it, I’ve actually pitched it. You keep [Rachel] alive and follow through with Jamie and Rachel. Ellie Cornell is alive and well, and living on the east coast. And I just worked with Daniel Harris, and she’s a doll. I think that’s a great movie. I think they should call it ‘Halloween 4: Part Two.’ Just be upfront about it and say what it is because that’s what it would be. In my own opinion, more than a TV show, I think that would get a lot of attention.

-----

Good lord, this would be a freaking DREAM COME TRUE if it actually happened. If it got officially greenlit, I can tell you right now it would be the most excited I've been for this franchise since H20. I would absolutely be over the freaking moon for this! The return of Danielle Harris and Ellie Cornell, the return of Dwight H Little to direct, the return of Alan B McElroy to write, hopefully the return of Alan Howarth to score, for an official sequel to HALLOWEEN 4.......

tumblr_oorrakZ7qh1w4o831o1_540.gif

7Dc3.gif

(No way this will ever actually happen as Malek Akkad is a fucking stooge)
giphy.gif
wow if that happened my head would explode

would be the best thing in the Halloweeneverse in a long time

That would be badass if they went the H4 route, id be more excited for Ellie Cornell as what they did with her character in 5 was a travesty. I would also be shocked to see it happen.

I'd be cool with a nice little detour to tie up the H4 story while they figure out a road map on a fresh scary take on Michael Myers for a new long term story. I'm just worried JLC will smell that Halloween money again and force her way in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back