Has Anyone Been Getting Back into Sports Card Recently?

Where you cop those at man, and how much it run you $$$?
eBay

The dual auto was $200, the Jones auto was $75 and the 55 Bowman Mays was $115 (which I think was a steal considering the condition)

eBay

The dual auto was $200, the Jones auto was $75 and the 55 Bowman Mays was $115 (which I think was a steal considering the condition)
Bro aren't you scared you might get ripped on Ebay since they are not pro graded? I always hear horror stories about people buying cards from Ebay and then getting ripped on the condition. do you look for sellers with return policy? and good reviews

My son love busting packs right now. Football and basketball only and I been enjoying it with him. Still looking for a Zion Rookie but haven't got one yet. Did get a Ja Murat though. He been stacking Joe Burrows(I think he will be a bust) and Tea Tookamuga(I don't know how to spell it, but think he will be the better out of the two).but he loves speical cars like die cuts and patches the most.

Bro aren't you scared you might get ripped on Ebay since they are not pro graded? I always hear horror stories about people buying cards from Ebay and then getting ripped on the condition. do you look for sellers with return policy? and good reviews
The bad apples get weeded out fairly quickly on eBay. Their feedback in indicative of that. Modern cards I'm not too worried about, I've only have one problem over the past 14 year and had to return one card.

On vintage cards, I only buy from the same dealers that I trust.

The bad apples get weeded out fairly quickly on eBay. Their feedback in indicative of that. Modern cards I'm not too worried about, I've only have one problem over the past 14 year and had to return one card.

On vintage cards, I only buy from the same dealers that I trust.
Are those estate liquidations safe? like buying unopened packs in lots for like 50 bucks?

Are those estate liquidations safe? like buying unopened packs in lots for like 50 bucks?
Yeah I wouldn't trust any listing for vintage unopened wax... especially if they're branded as estate sales or garage/attic finds.

Yeah I wouldn't trust any listing for vintage unopened wax... especially if they're branded as estate sales or garage/attic finds.
the grab boxes are shady you can tell they already take out the good cards or packs and give you the scraps

Haven't posted on here for a while so I apologize if there is already a thread about this, but I recently got back into collecting/re-selling various sports cards. The current prices are insane (over $700 for a box of 2019-20 basketball cards). My question is do you think this is sustainable? From my own personal experience there's a lot of value of buying the boxes without opening them and reselling them at a later time.

I am being told that taking part in this is killing the hobby, but from a financial perspective the returns have been astronomical. Even the process of buying a cheap raw card on ebay for a couple of bucks, getting it graded, and then re-selling provides a consistent average of at least a 100% return on total investment. Has anybody else been getting into this?
<MikeP1>

eBay

Are you going to get the Mays graded? Would look sweet in an SGC tuxedo!

I'm watching some live breaks of National Treasures Basketball that just released. What's up with the sticker autos? I thought NT and other high end products were all on card autos. Also apparently this recent batch of NT has a lot of duplicates in the same box. Did quality control get laid off?

These are a couple of my favorite recent pickups

101264356_10163781982935217_4037544711746371119_o.jpg

99098493_10163693772000217_6849616841547972608_o.jpg

@TidWell @Smokes

Damn that Mays is cool.. I’m assuming you want that one for display?

I’m into collecting Jordan cards too, talk about expensive. I think any auto of his commands 4k automatically. I’m hoping the Mahomes autos get like that after awhile but not until I land a few more lol. His rookie autos are already up there and beyond, but you can get his more recent autos for much less. 600$ for an auto is a bargain imo considering in a couple years it’ll be sellable at a few grand easy -especially if he stops signing (he’s already changed his signature style so his earlier stuff might be worth even more down the road)

Damn that Mays is cool.. I’m assuming you want that one for display?

I’m into collecting Jordan cards too, talk about expensive. I think any auto of his commands 4k automatically. I’m hoping the Mahomes autos get like that after awhile but not until I land a few more lol. His rookie autos are already up there and beyond, but you can get his more recent autos for much less. 600$ for an auto is a bargain imo considering in a couple years it’ll be sellable at a few grand easy -especially if he stops signing (he’s already changed his signature style so his earlier stuff might be worth even more down the road)
A lot of the vintage stuff I have I'm just sitting on. Eventually I might sell it, but I like having that for my own collection. The prices of vintage cards stay about the same or rise very slowly so it's not like I feel compelled to dump it. Unlike most of the modern stuff that volatile that gets dumped when it starts shooting up.

I wish I had bought Mahomes that first year he was in the league when you could get his shit for next to nothing.

I'm watching some live breaks of National Treasures Basketball that just released. What's up with the sticker autos? I thought NT and other high end products were all on card autos. Also apparently this recent batch of NT has a lot of duplicates in the same box. Did quality control get laid off?
A guy posted a pic of a Ja Morant patch auto /99 from NT that his friend pulled and offered to sell to him in a Facebook card group I'm in. He offered the guy $20k for it.

Some other vintage I've bought recently. My favorite vintage card of all times in the 1958 WS batting foes card

82049556_10162938946500217_5168758674176344064_o.jpg

96054465_10163631412820217_7486591703072112640_o.jpg

That Mantle/Aaron is gorgeous! The condition looks really good also.

A guy posted a pic of a Ja Morant patch auto /99 from NT that his friend pulled and offered to sell to him in a Facebook card group I'm in. He offered the guy $20k for it.

Yeah, I’ve seen cards go for 10k or even more on eBay. It’s no joke depending on what you have. And selling cards for a few grand is like nothing. What a time to be alive lol

That’s why autos are king. Very hard to get into the auto market if you’re timid and don’t land them breaking boxes. There’s #’d cards and prizm cards too tho that are worth money.

Apparently there's a 500k offer for a 1/1 Zion that was pulled on a live break yesterday.

Apparently there's a 500k offer for a 1/1 Zion that was pulled on a live break yesterday.
Someone just posted a Zion three color patch auto 10/10 from NT today in the FB group.

It's absurd what people are paying for his stuff. I think he's a fairly one dimensional player right now. I don't see how long term you'd make money on his stuff. The same thing happened Wiggins rookie year. I took a bath on his shit.

Not really, but I bought one pack of Topps Baseball Series 2 hoping for a one pack one Shohei Ohtani pull, but got Vlad Guerrero Jr. "RC" and later learned that's not even his real RC and there's multiple Topps RCs but with diff photo. I don't know what's going on these days.

Back