Has there ever been another great fighter like Weidman who only loses in devastating fashion.

4 titles at MW is the second most in MMA history. That's just a statement of fact.

Anderson and Weidman fought for a total of 12 and a half minutes in the cage between two bouts and in that time frame Silva was almost knocked out on two separate occasions, was legitimately knocked out once, barely escaped a kneebar, and had his leg broken. At literally no point in those 12 and a half minutes was Anderson ever winning, or was even remotely competitive with Weidman. 15 minutes is the normal length of time for a fight. If those two fights were the same fight, and Anderson had somehow survived, Weidman would've won a clear decision with one or two 10-8 rounds thrown in there for either a 30-26 or 30-25 victory for Weidman.

Weidman - 4 championship titles
#1 fighters defeated (1):

Silva - ranked #1
Top 5 fighters defeated (4):
Belfort - ranked #3
Machida - ranked #5
Silva - ranked #2
Munoz - ranked #3
Top 10 fighters defeated (1):
Maia - ranked #6

That is six #6 ranked fighters defeated in a row. It's one of the greatest runs in MMA history.

I feel bad for you son. Anderson fanatics still haven't gotten over it 8 years later.
Kid, looking for info at Wikipedia does not make you an expert.
Context matters, but it is fairly obvious you don't know better.

Belfort was the first fight after TRT was banned.
Machida was still figuring things out at MW, exactly because he was not the same he was when he got the belt at LHW.
Silva was obviously at the tail end of his career, and though his injury played a big part, it was obviously his best win.
But beating the GOAT does not make you the GOAT, and all I am saying is that I don't consider him to be an elite fighter, which, by the way, I don't consider many fighters to be.

So at the end of the day, I feel bad for you, kid.
Weidman is 2-6 at age 37 and not many fights under his belt... but you still want to claim he is an elite fighter... Well then, please justify this slump.

Do you discount Conor’s last loss due to it being an injury?
we are not talking about Conor, and it would obviously depend on the context we are talking about, but sure I would review how he lost, and the injury would be taken into account!

honorable mention to Michael Johnson

beat Tony, Poirier, Tibau, and Barboza.
split decision loss to Dariush
then barely got by artem lobov
then lost to Clay Guida.

while not devastating KO's or finishes... it was mentally devastating to watch him lose fights he should have easily won.

Kid, looking for info at Wikipedia does not make you an expert.
Context matters, but it is fairly obvious you don't know better.

Belfort was the first fight after TRT was banned.
Machida was still figuring things out at MW, exactly because he was not the same he was when he got the belt at LHW.
Silva was obviously at the tail end of his career, and though his injury played a big part, it was obviously his best win.
But beating the GOAT does not make you the GOAT, and all I am saying is that I don't consider him to be an elite fighter, which, by the way, I don't consider many fighters to be.

So at the end of the day, I feel bad for you, kid.
Weidman is 2-6 at age 37 and not many fights under his belt... but you still want to claim he is an elite fighter... Well then, please justify this slump.
I mean if you actually watched fights you know that Vitor had a testosterone level of 1,200 ng/dL going into that bout, which is the literal maximum you're allowed to fight with without being disqualified for PED usage, and it was a big controversy. For reference The Chris was at 370 ng/dL.

So anything you're trying to bring up about Vitor being low on his juice and cookies vs Weidman is scientifically incorrect, and you'd probably know that if you watched MMA during that time frame 'cause the two almost came to blows the day before the fight.

Just trying to help you out here actual real life things.

Last edited:
A guy who had 3 defenses isn't elite ? Come on dude based on that logic Anderson Silva is the only elite middleweight to exist.
You got a point there... due to Silva's dominance, and the length of his reign, there aren't many UFC MW champions around.
But Rich Franklin is on the same boat as I consider Weidman... Good but not great.
On the same token, Israel already Tied Weidman's record, and while he is young, I think he may be an elite fighter... though time will have to prove me right (or wrong).

At the end of the day, it is just how one sees things...
I find it funny how butthurt people are because I don't follow their taste.

IMHO Elite fighters are very few. They those that I consider "almost GOAT".
Not making it to that level does not mean a fighter suck, just that he is not that special.
but that's MY definition of elite... feel free to have a different assessment of what that means (and if Weidman is included in that list of yours or not).

I mean if you actually watched fights you know that Vitor had a testosterone level of 1,200 ng/dL going into that bout, which is the literal maximum you're allowed to fight with without being disqualified for PED usage, and it was a big controversy. For reference The Chris was at 370 ng/dL.

So anything you're trying to bring up about Vitor being low on his juice and cookies vs Weidman is scientifically incorrect, and you'd probably know that if you watched MMA during that time frame 'cause the two almost came to blows the day before the fight.
LOL
riiiight.
Keep trying, kid.
It just shows how much you are invested in Weidman, and not how I perceive him to be.
Please continue crying about him being elite...
perhaps you explain to me then how he is 2-6 in his last 8 fights.
It's not age, it's not even wear & tear, since he has much less fights than say Silva, whom you try to claim was in his prime when he met Chris.

So explain away, I am waiting

You got a point there... due to Silva's dominance, and the length of his reign, there aren't many UFC MW champions around.
But Rich Franklin is on the same boat as I consider Weidman... Good but not great.
On the same token, Israel already Tied Weidman's record, and while he is young, I think he may be an elite fighter... though time will have to prove me right (or wrong).

At the end of the day, it is just how one sees things...
I find it funny how butthurt people are because I don't follow their taste.

IMHO Elite fighters are very few. They those that I consider "almost GOAT".
Not making it to that level does not mean a fighter suck, just that he is not that special.
but that's MY definition of elite... feel free to have a different assessment of what that means (and if Weidman is included in that list of yours or not).

Your definition of elite is fucked. Fix that and you fix your retarded argument.

Your definition of elite is fucked. Fix that and you fix your retarded argument.
Kid, your argument is invalid.
one: I don't give a fuck for your feelings
two: I can explain my rationale, you can't.
That makes your argument the retarded one.
tree: Stop being triggered by someone else's point of view. Stop being a sheep and work on yours.

Kid, your argument is invalid.
one: I don't give a fuck for your feelings
two: I can explain my rationale, you can't.
That makes your argument the retarded one.
tree: Stop being triggered by someone else's point of view. Stop being a sheep and work on yours.

lol I just used the same definition that the dictionary does. I don't really need any argument then that. Like I said If your definition of elite is so narrow you can only include GOAT level fighters then you have got things totally wrong.

Everyone who gets the belt and become a champion is an elite fighter, its kind of the whole point of the belt system.. By obtaining the belt, shit just by getting a title shot sometimes. you have proven yourself to be elite

Not great but everytime Olaf Alfonso loses he looks like he fuckin died

Page 2 and still no mirko?

Weidman, Luke, Chuck, Randy, Vitor, etc are/were guys who are frontrunners in fights. Their game revolves around implementing their game and are not guys who are going to stage many comebacks in fights in which they are getting their asses kicked.

It sorta seems to be the case with wrestling based fighters. Either their wrestling works as they want it to (whether that means getting takedowns or otherwise controlling where the fight takes place) or it's gonna be a tough night for them.
You can add Conor to the list as well.

Gabe Ruediger absolutely starched in all his UFC fights. lool

SeriousWholeAegeancat-size_restricted.gif

_fyIUE.gif

giphy.gif
Cmon how can you not have this?
Z-UA43.gif

No, it doesn't if you check who he fought and when. (Context matter)
I am not saying he was a can, but definitely not great.

He beat Silva, then beat Machida. Those are damn good wins in context.

Back