Has there ever been another great fighter like Weidman who only loses in devastating fashion.

He beat Silva, then beat Machida. Those are damn good wins in context.
heh, sorry, but no.
I lobe both fighters, but Silva was obviously at the tail end of his career.
Machida was trying to revamp his moving down.
Yes, two great names for any resume, but not exactly at their best moments.

Great/Former champ who's losses are devastating... I've got Cain Velasquez.

Non champ - Bigfoot Silva all day. 10/12 losses by KO. All horrific from what I recall, esp after no more TRT.

lol I just used the same definition that the dictionary does. I don't really need any argument then that. Like I said If your definition of elite is so narrow you can only include GOAT level fighters then you have got things totally wrong.

Everyone who gets the belt and become a champion is an elite fighter, its kind of the whole point of the belt system.. By obtaining the belt, shit just by getting a title shot sometimes. you have proven yourself to be elite
For someone who likes to nitpick someone else's argument, it seems touy are far too stupid to even understand what we are talking about.
I noted I consider elite those who did nto make GOAT. That is the opposite of what you are trying to claim I said. the only problem: I am the one who said it, so I think I should know better than you what I meant.
Sorry if this hurts your little presumptions feelings, but I couldn't give two flying fucks about them.

heh, sorry, but no.
I lobe both fighters, but Silva was obviously at the tail end of his career.
Machida was trying to revamp his moving down.
Yes, two great names for any resume, but not exactly at their best moments.

Nah, they were both doing very well, even if not quite at their peak. Silva was at the tail end of his prime, but was nowhere close to the end of his career.

Machida looked great around the time of his fight against Weidman. His move down to MW had gone extremely well. He was coming of two straight performance to the night bonuses at MW and had just beaten Mousasi.

You are playing that shitty game where you undercut everyone's wins. It's not true in this case and it just sucks all the joy out of MMA.

Nah, they were both doing very well, even if not quite at their peak. Silva was at the tail end of his prime, but was nowhere close to the end of his career.

Machida looked great around the time of his fight against Weidman. His move down to MW had gone extremely well. He was coming of two straight performance to the night bonuses at MW and had just beaten Mousasi.

You are playing that shitty game where you undercut everyone's wins. It's not true in this case and it just sucks all the joy out of MMA.
Nowhere close??? are you kidding me or just plain clowning?
Since his loss to Weidman he went 1-8-1
That is not sometime oscillating ups and down, it was straight to loseville.

And yes, Machida won, but he was changing his style, and sometimes it worked, some didn't.
Sufice to say he went 1-3 right then...

Nowhere close??? are you kidding me or just plain clowning?
Since his loss to Weidman he went 1-8-1
That is not sometime oscillating ups and down, it was straight to loseville.

And yes, Machida won, but he was changing his style, and sometimes it worked, some didn't.
Sufice to say he went 1-3 right then...

Exactly. He had ten more fights after fighting Weidman. That's about a quarter of his career. He was at the tail end of his prime; Silva was a late bloomer and had a late prime. But his career was nowhere near finished.

The key thing is not how Machida did after the fight but before it. He was riding a lot of momentum at MW into his title fight with Weidman. Lots of guys go on a downturn after losing a title fight. Happens in other sports too, and is a basic concept in sports psychology As often as not the Super Bowl losing team fails to make the playoffs the next year.

I'm also remembering now how badly you were on tilt after Weidman outclassed Silva in those two fights. You are still upset with Weidman even to this day. Man, let go of the bitterness lol.

Too bad Herb let Rockhold ruin the Chris’ chin in that fight. One of the worst/longest non stoppages ever

Previously Cody only lost by getting KTFO.. but he just had a decision loss.. good for him!

James Vick has been losing in pretty devastating fashion lately.

Exactly. He had ten more fights after fighting Weidman. That's about a quarter of his career. He was at the tail end of his prime; Silva was a late bloomer and had a late prime. But his career was nowhere near finished.

The key thing is not how Machida did after the fight but before it. He was riding a lot of momentum at MW into his title fight with Weidman. Lots of guys go on a downturn after losing a title fight. Happens in other sports too, and is a basic concept in sports psychology As often as not the Super Bowl losing team fails to make the playoffs the next year.

I'm also remembering now how badly you were on tilt after Weidman outclassed Silva in those two fights. You are still upset with Weidman even to this day. Man, let go of the bitterness lol.

sorry, but to call 1-8 the end of his prime is just a bad joke.
By your rationale, if he stayed in the UFC and lost 10 more fights, you would claim he was in mid-prime since he continue for half of his career.....

SeriousWholeAegeancat-size_restricted.gif

_fyIUE.gif

giphy.gif
He keeps getting knocked out in the same fashion. Knocked down into long sitting, then knocked out cold while dazed.

sorry, but to call 1-8 the end of his prime is just a bad joke.
By your rationale, if he stayed in the UFC and lost 10 more fights, you would claim he was in mid-prime since he continue for half of his career.....

Nice strawman, that wasn't my rationale at all. I never suggested that going 1-8 had anything to do with Silva's prime.

I called the Weidman fight the tail end of Silva's prime, but I made a clear distinction between the end of his prime in 2012/13 and the end of his career in 2020. You said that the Weidman fight was the tail end of Silva's career, which isn't true. Silva fought almost a quarter of his career after the first Weidman bout.

For someone who likes to nitpick someone else's argument, it seems touy are far too stupid to even understand what we are talking about.
I noted I consider elite those who did nto make GOAT. That is the opposite of what you are trying to claim I said. the only problem: I am the one who said it, so I think I should know better than you what I meant.
Sorry if this hurts your little presumptions feelings, but I couldn't give two flying fucks about them.

All good bro English isn't my first language either

This one is going to hurt as he is one of my favorites.

but I think saku only ever lost by death.
Well no he did retire against Igor

Back