Crime edit second arrest made Hate Crime in San Francisco Elderly Asian Man Attacked while collecting Cans

LOL, it's San Fran. Sorry the Asian can collector dude didn't have all the "bad" black neighborhoods marked down in his Ipad.

You're such a poser.

I bet his iPad had the app marking all the human feces spots though.

<Fedor23>

I got fucked up because people on the internet disagree with me? Oh no! I'm so so hurt that people on sherdog think I'm racist against the blacks.

Its funny how the claim you are racist against blacks get under skin, but you don't even mention the claim you are racist against Asians.

It's got world-class restaurants, shopping and a thriving social scene for extremely wealthy left-wing people. Like all such places.

I have to believe that there is a real estate bubble in the bay area that is going to pop soon.

Its funny how the claim you are racist against blacks get under skin, but you don't even mention the claim you are racist against Asians.
The claim I'm racist against blacks doesn't get under my skin, I'm black. I think it's hilarious.

I'm not racist against Asians, I just don't care that the black guy filming the video hates Asians.

ee9b81359d275480f657843b80848b84f4330f9ar1-500-213_hq.gif

The claim I'm racist against blacks doesn't get under my skin, I'm black. I think it's hilarious.

I'm not racist against Asians, I just don't care that the black guy filming the video hates Asians.

So you don't care that someone is openly hostile to another based off the color of their skin?

So you don't care that someone is openly hostile to another based off the color of their skin?
As long as it's just verbal, I don't care. And before one of you people makes an assumption, that's from any race towards any race.

Help me out though. I believe you're Asian. I've been accused of being racist towards Asians in this thread.

I'm just wondering if you consider this to be a racist statement.

"Asians are quick to virtue signal because they love pleasing their white leftist overlords"

It's very simple. Answer this question: The only thing that is giving off a vibe that this neighborhood is not exactly ideal is?

Because it's in the ghetto and there are a bunch of black people lol

As long as it's just verbal, I don't care. And before one of you people makes an assumption, that's from any race towards any race.

Help me out though. I believe you're Asian. I've been accused of being racist towards Asians in this thread.

I'm just wondering if you consider this to be a racist statement.

"Asians are quick to virtue signal because they love pleasing their white leftist overlords"

Yes that is a racist statement. You can correct me if I am wrong but I am assuming it was written by someone other than you in this thread.
How is something written by someone else relevant to defending yourself from an accusation that you are racist?

Canadian, when you live in a city you learn about that city. If you're going to venture off into that city, you should know about the neighborhoods and which you should avoid.
Taking this to its logical conclusion leads to what is colloquially referred to as white flight.

Yes that is a racist statement. You can correct me if I am wrong but I am assuming it was written by someone other than you in this thread.
How is something written by someone else relevant to defending yourself from an accusation that you are racist?
I didn't use it as a defense of myself , I defended myself with my initial statement.

I don't care about people expressing their racial opinions, I am curious why those that do selectively apply when they choose to consider one's opinion racist and why they choose not to call them out on it since they care.

Just stop. The can collector was menaced by racists and it qualifies as a hate crime whether or not he was physically injured. He was forced to cower to verbal threats while being mocked and humiliated under visible distress. At any moment in this altercation there was a threat of escalation to physical violence.

"Hate crime" generally refers to criminal acts which are seen to have been motivated by bias against one or more of the social groups listed above, or by bias against their derivatives. Incidents may involve physical assault, damage to property, bullying, harassment, verbal abuse or insults, mate crime or offensive graffiti or letters (hate mail).[5]

For these laws to have the intended societal effect, they need to be properly applied when it calls for it- and not brushed under the rug just because you saw no threat in this victim's situation.

Taking this to its logical conclusion leads to what is colloquially referred to as white flight.
Never had a problem with leaving bad neighborhoods to get into good ones. The same people that complain about 'white flight' when Whites move out will complain about gentrification when Whites move in.

Just stop. The can collector was menaced by racists and it qualifies as a hate crime whether or not he was physically injured. He was forced to cower to verbal threats while being mocked and humiliated under visible distress. At any moment in this altercation there was a threat of escalation to physical violence.

"Hate crime" generally refers to criminal acts which are seen to have been motivated by bias against one or more of the social groups listed above, or by bias against their derivatives. Incidents may involve physical assault, damage to property, bullying, harassment, verbal abuse or insults, mate crime or offensive graffiti or letters (hate mail).[5]

For these laws to have the intended societal effect, they need to be properly applied when it calls for it- and not brushed under the rug just because you saw no threat in this victim's situation.
Your definition says criminal acts motivated bias.... The one that said he hated Asians wasn't committing a criminal act. The one that assaulted and robbed the man did not do anything in the video that I saw that made his crime motivated by hate or bias.

Please point it out if you disagree

I didn't use it as a defense of myself , I defended myself with my initial statement.

I don't care about people expressing their racial opinions, I am curious why those that do selectively apply when they choose to consider one's opinion racist and why they choose not to call them out on it since they care.

I'd like to explore this more. Now if you were making your statement in a vacuum or as a academic point, I might agree with you. I don't care if people make racist statements in the middle of debate or privately.

However, that is not the fact pattern at issue in this thread. Are you telling me that you do not have a problem with people shouting racist comments at random people? I am not necessarily saying it should be illegal, I just want you to clarify that you would no issue if on a regular basis crowds of white people shouted racist statements to elderly black people while they were conducting business.

Your definition says criminal acts motivated bias.... The one that said he hated Asians wasn't committing a criminal act. The one that assaulted and robbed the man did not do anything in the video that I saw that made his crime motivated by hate or bias.

Please point it out if you disagree
The actual robbery of the cans wouldn't fall under hate crime. But the group collectively was preventing him from retrieving it, and using physical threats to do it. I would also argue that the person recording the video is an accomplice, but I'm no lawyer. It's not unheard of for the bystander recording to be charged in such situations but no DA is going to pursue that here without actual injuries.

I'd like to explore this more. Now if you were making your statement in a vacuum or as a academic point, I might agree with you. I don't care if people make racist statements in the middle of debate or privately.

However, that is not the fact pattern at issue in this thread. Are you telling me that you do not have a problem with people shouting racist comments at random people? I am not necessarily saying it should be illegal, I just want you to clarify that you would no issue if on a regular basis crowds of white people shouted racist statements to elderly black people while they were conducting business.

Yelling at people in general is an issue, the racism aspect of it doesn't really affect that. If you're shouting anything at anyone trying to conduct business, that's a problem. And I think that would fall under harassment. I don't think that the insults being racist should add anything to the situation at all though.
The actual robbery of the cans wouldn't fall under hate crime. But the group collectively was preventing him from retrieving it, and using physical threats to do it. I would also argue that the person recording the video is an accomplice, but I'm no lawyer. It's not unheard of for the bystander recording to be charged in such situations but no DA is going to pursue that here without actual injuries.

I don't think the group as a collective was preventing him from retrieving it. They certainly weren't helping him retrieve it, but none of them seem to be an obstacle to him retrieving it. Some in the video could even be heard telling him to go get his cans, and not to let that man steal his shit.

I just watched the video again.....The cameraman should be charged with a hate crime. I didn't catch the beginning of it when I first watched, but in the beginning he's screaming "he's scared OG, crack his shit" while the guy with the weapon was walking behind the Asian man. Clearly a reference for the guy with the metal object to swing and hit the old man. That would qualify as incitement in my opinion. You add that to him saying "I hate Asians" and it's definitely a hate crime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back