Have my first fight coming up and I have concerns about my opponent

sambobeer

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this, but I figured most posters in here are fighters so they could give good insight.

I have my first fight coming up soon and I am concerned with who my opponent is. I am fighting in a small state and pretty much in our area, everybody knows everyone, and the guy I am scheduled to fight has some issues, and I feel like he shouldn't be fighting. Here are some things about him that concern me:

In high school and for about 15 years after he was a drug addict, I know for a fact he shared needles and there was talk about him perhaps being involved in same sex prostitution. I know that some people found his craigslists posts that were offering gay sexual services in exchange for money. I am concerned this kind of high risk behavior could mean he has some blood borne dieseases that I might catch.

He got clean about 4 years ago, and he has kind of gone off the rails. He is convinced that Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus are his friends and has even gone as far as getting tattoos of them on his body. He routinely gets thrown out of restaurants for taking off his clothes and he often dresses up his effeminate looking younger brother as a girl and tries to convince people that its his girlfriend.
Most troubling is that he has had 3 fights, and lost two of them by knockout and his lone victory is from saying he was kicked in the groin by his opponent and couldn't continue, replay showed that he was never hit in the groin. The two people that beat him were VERY inexperienced fighters: one was actually underage and lied about it to get a fight, and the other is an owner of a bbq restaurant and karaoke bar who fought to advertise a new flavor of chicken wings he is offering. Both of these guys visciously knocked him out.

I dont feel like I should have to fight someone that is clearly mentally ill and in no condition to defend himself in a fight.

I wouldnt fight him. Not because of a possible desease but he sounds mentaly ill and he shouldnt be fighting at all

I wouldnt fight him. Not because of a possible desease but he sounds mentaly ill and he shouldnt be fighting at all
this is how I feel. I feel like the promotion is being very scummy. They even gave him "knock out of the night" ribbons for his two losses, and he walks around town with them pinned to his shirt.

Best of luck, whatever you decide

I only commented to say that I really enjoyed reading your OP. Lotta gold in there

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this, but I figured most posters in here are fighters so they could give good insight.

I have my first fight coming up soon and I am concerned with who my opponent is. I am fighting in a small state and pretty much in our area, everybody knows everyone, and the guy I am scheduled to fight has some issues, and I feel like he shouldn't be fighting. Here are some things about him that concern me:

In high school and for about 15 years after he was a drug addict, I know for a fact he shared needles and there was talk about him perhaps being involved in same sex prostitution. I know that some people found his craigslists posts that were offering gay sexual services in exchange for money. I am concerned this kind of high risk behavior could mean he has some blood borne dieseases that I might catch.

He got clean about 4 years ago, and he has kind of gone off the rails. He is convinced that Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus are his friends and has even gone as far as getting tattoos of them on his body. He routinely gets thrown out of restaurants for taking off his clothes and he often dresses up his effeminate looking younger brother as a girl and tries to convince people that its his girlfriend.
Most troubling is that he has had 3 fights, and lost two of them by knockout and his lone victory is from saying he was kicked in the groin by his opponent and couldn't continue, replay showed that he was never hit in the groin. The two people that beat him were VERY inexperienced fighters: one was actually underage and lied about it to get a fight, and the other is an owner of a bbq restaurant and karaoke bar who fought to advertise a new flavor of chicken wings he is offering. Both of these guys visciously knocked him out.

I dont feel like I should have to fight someone that is clearly mentally ill and in no condition to defend himself in a fight.
Let him bang bro

Isn't this your friend in the other thread? Why you gotta do him dirty like that

Sweep the leg.

9f312d1122d7b20259c6e9ff5996b628400cb000af5a2cd537bdf913076c3b2d.jpg

Just sweep the leg Johnny ! Do you have a manager you talked to about this ??? and if you have to fight him try to go for a sub but yeah i wouldnt want to fight someone like that lol !

dude, beat the shit out of this guy. fuck it.

and after that, for your next opponent you should call out that underage kid from the foster home. get a couple easy KOs on your record and with the state of mma you might find yourself getting offers from dana to be on his youtube series

Fuck outa here troll. This can has been
Exposed already in the other forums

That would suck if you got your ass kicked by a guy who fucks other dudes for $$$.

oh i see. hmm.. its on u dude. me personally , a win's a win but i'd want a quality opponent not some bum.good for ur record but l'd rather fight and lose to a tough opponent than get a win off an insane wimp.

i wouldnt fight if he has aids or some shit, u shouldnt worry about him being mental u kinda have to be mentally ill to step into ring to fight people anyway

Let’s be real you don’t train or fight. That’s why you are posting this in the s&c section.

You and the John mabrey impersonator are just trolling this crazy guy who sucks at mma to feel better about yourselves

Back