Have my first fight coming up and I have concerns about my opponent

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this, but I figured most posters in here are fighters so they could give good insight.

I have my first fight coming up soon and I am concerned with who my opponent is. I am fighting in a small state and pretty much in our area, everybody knows everyone, and the guy I am scheduled to fight has some issues, and I feel like he shouldn't be fighting. Here are some things about him that concern me:

In high school and for about 15 years after he was a drug addict, I know for a fact he shared needles and there was talk about him perhaps being involved in same sex prostitution. I know that some people found his craigslists posts that were offering gay sexual services in exchange for money. I am concerned this kind of high risk behavior could mean he has some blood borne dieseases that I might catch.

He got clean about 4 years ago, and he has kind of gone off the rails. He is convinced that Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus are his friends and has even gone as far as getting tattoos of them on his body. He routinely gets thrown out of restaurants for taking off his clothes and he often dresses up his effeminate looking younger brother as a girl and tries to convince people that its his girlfriend.
Most troubling is that he has had 3 fights, and lost two of them by knockout and his lone victory is from saying he was kicked in the groin by his opponent and couldn't continue, replay showed that he was never hit in the groin. The two people that beat him were VERY inexperienced fighters: one was actually underage and lied about it to get a fight, and the other is an owner of a bbq restaurant and karaoke bar who fought to advertise a new flavor of chicken wings he is offering. Both of these guys visciously knocked him out.

I dont feel like I should have to fight someone that is clearly mentally ill and in no condition to defend himself in a fight.

Don't fight

Are you guys required to do medicals. If so they won’t let him fight with HIV or a major std, so you should be good. If not then you have no idea what you are up against. And honestly your first few fights you shouldn’t be fighting killers so a few weaker opponents isn’t a bad idea.

Try to finish him quickly with a pain choke. Don’t use a blood choke as some of it might get on you, possibly transmitting the virus.

the other is an owner of a bbq restaurant and karaoke bar who fought to advertise a new flavor of chicken wings he is offering. Both of these guys visciously knocked him out.
I laughed a lot at this

update, my opponent is now training and dating a transsexual mma fighter. Apparently he was married, but the marriage was deemed illegitimate because of his wifes significant learning disabilities. After they broke up and his wife moved into an adult assisted living group home and he began dating a transgendered mma fighter.

This whole situation was getting so weird, so I reached out to him and told him my concerns. He just said "that's who the fuck I am" and nothing else, so I declined the fight and instead am doing a jiu jitsu promotion/superfight with a new promotion based out of Deer Park texas.

You should be good bro. I fought in the dirtiest stadiums in thailand vs opponents that never got tested. have been cut and cut opponents with elbows and never caught anything. Did extensive testing after and always been good. Its always a risk tho. Good luck whatever you do

It isn't whether you should.

It's more do you wanna look back at this opportunity in 20 years and ask yourself what if?

update, my opponent is now training and dating a transsexual mma fighter. Apparently he was married, but the marriage was deemed illegitimate because of his wifes significant learning disabilities. After they broke up and his wife moved into an adult assisted living group home and he began dating a transgendered mma fighter.

This whole situation was getting so weird, so I reached out to him and told him my concerns. He just said "that's who the fuck I am" and nothing else, so I declined the fight and instead am doing a jiu jitsu promotion/superfight with a new promotion based out of Deer Park texas.
Should have beat his ass dude. He basically was 0-3. Would have been an easy win for the record.

wow there are people in this thread who actually believe the ts.

Guys dont ever underestimate the despair of some people to get attention for their boring life.

wow there are people in this thread who actually believe the ts.

Guys dont ever underestimate the despair of some people to get attention for their boring life.
Do you derive satisfaction from being so negative? I think you need to look inward to gain a sense of wellness.

Back