Have you ever experienced any paranormal activity?

Have you ever experienced any paranormal activity?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
(Not the movie)

I've never experienced anything paranormal in my life. I've heard some stories of people experiencing stuff like this. But I have never witnessed it at all fortunately or unfortunately.

How about you?

39C8BBAE-C7EB-49C5-B7FFC2DEEC9C7724_source.jpg

I know that spirit possession exists. I have seen it firsthand.

Someone I know got really sick, and I went to go check on them while they were at home recovering. Their face looked noticeably different. Bloated cheeks and forehead, hooded eyes, grayish clammy skin. They were as sick as could be, and yet they had the biggest malicious grin on their face.

Afterwards I went to a mirror to try and recreate the face and grin. The image of the grin still haunts me.

A few years later I read a book entitled “People Of The Lie”, which talks about narcissism and spirit possession. The author, M. Scott Peck, details an occurrence of seeing someone with the same features described above, and he discussed how he went to a mirror afterwards to try and create the grin that he had seen.

Anyone experience this?

Someone I know got really sick, and I went to go check on them while they were at home recovering. Their face looked noticeably different. Bloated cheeks and forehead, hooded eyes, grayish clammy skin. They were as sick as could be, and yet they had the biggest malicious grin on their face.

Afterwards I went to mirror to try and recreate the face and grin. The image of the grin still haunts me.

A few years later I read a book entitled “People Of The Lie”, which talks about narcissism and spirit possession. The author, M. Scott Peck, details an occurrence of seeing someone with the same features described above, and he discussed how he went to a mirror afterwards to try and create the grin that he had seen.

Anyone experience this?

Yikes that some scary shit. Thanks for sharing.

Afterwards I went to mirror to try and recreate the face and grin. The image of the grin still haunts me.

Anyone experience this?

Thankfully no…

Nobody has.

This thread is about to fill up with people claiming some bullshit about their grandmother always having certain ways or half-percieved images of little girls in white dresses, and most of them will say "TRUST ME, I'm a real straight shooter, and not the kind of person to believe in bullshit.. but... *bullshit*"

Ghosts aren't real. Buildings don't get haunted.

Afterwards I went to a mirror to try and recreate the face and grin. The image of the grin still haunts me.

Anyone experience this?

Far more likely to be brain-related. Fever related or something. We don't even know how the brain works, when things become different, strange and/or hard to categorize we don't need to call upon notions of "spirit possession" to explain.

It wasn't long ago that a whole host of things were pinned on the devil or spirits. Tourette/tick disorder? - that's "Possession!" Death by any number of outwardly invisibe things like cancer? Oh, that's "Consumpion!"

Pfffft.

Nobody has.

This thread is about to fill up with people claiming some bullshit about their grandmother always having certain ways or half-percieved images of little girls in white dresses, and most of them will say "TRUST ME, I'm a real straight shooter, and not the kind of person to believe in bullshit.. but... *bullshit*"

Ghosts aren't real. Buildings don't get haunted.

lol that's a fair statement.

Anyone experience this?

I've witnessed "possession" which I place in quotes because I'm not sure what it really was. I lived with a pastor and family and a girl they took in was supposedly possessed. I've read People of The Lie and don't remember that story from it, read it decades ago.

As far as changes, I've heard Ted Bundy would change in body order, muscle tone and eye color. Some of the public figures I've known have changed a lot in appearance, plastic surgery could have a lot to do with it, presentation probably has way more to do with it. Once people get some money they start fiddling with themselves and hiring stylists and professionals to do them up and work their skin so they hardly look like their original self. I always thought Prince looked like a different person from his first two albums to Purple Rain. One fan on a site said it was "like he willed himself to be good looking" and it was true, he went from plain looking to looking like a star. And yes, many people have claimed he dabbled heavily into the occult and had spiritual dealings of various kinds.

lol that's a fair statement.

I appreciate your "Lol" ;)

I'm definitely tryin to stir the pot in this thread. I'm agnostic/skeptical about most things, but I just find it silly when people refer to these antiquated themes like spirits/demons/posession/hauntings to explain things that we don't fully understand. I mean it's possible there are ghastly apparitions of old ladies holding candles in billowing white nightgowns floating around old houses, but almost certainly not.

Also, I've been watching a lot of Annie Jacobson interviews where she details how our government has invested a lot of time and money into psychic research because they must think there is some benefit.

Not sure about Annie, maybe she's scketchy, I always thought her claim that the "aliens" of Roswell were really deformed children shipped and crashed into america by Russia just to confuse us. She's the only person I've heard say that.

Far more likely to be brain-related. Fever related or something. We don't even know how the brain works, when things become different, strange and/or hard to categorize we don't need to call upon notions of "spirit possession" to explain.

It wasn't long ago that a whole host of things were pinned on the devil or spirits. Tourette/tick disorder? - that's "Possession!" Death by any number of outwardly invisibe things like cancer? Oh, that's "Consumpion!"

Pfffft.

A few years ago I would’ve said the same thing, but you didn’t see what I saw. I wanted to lock the door and throw away the key.

In “People Of The Lie” Dr. M. Scott Peck reveals his encounters with evil, during sessions with patients of his psychiatric therapy.

He used to be a non believer as well, but his account on the subject is to chilling and accurate to ignore.

it usually takes a full page or two before those guys come out, oh well.

I was sitting on my couch this morning when suddenly a great wind blew through my house and the sky clouded over. I had some documents on my coffee table and the wind blew them into a pattern that spelled out "people are posting horse shit about ghoooooosts on sherrrrrdog" so I jumped on my computer and whaddaya know, there was this thread. Thats how I got in so early.

I dont care if you believe me. I know what I saw. My grandmother always said I was a special boy. She used to call me "the seer."

A few years ago I would’ve said the same thing, but you didn’t see what I saw. I wanted to lock the door and throw away the key.

In “People Of The Lie” Dr. M. Scott Peck reveals his encounters with evil, during sessions with patients of his psychiatric therapy.

He used to be a non believer as well, but his account on the subject is to chilling and accurate to ignore.

Weird that the guy who sells books has a back story that is entirely subjective that makes the story in his book more compelling. Fascinating.

I was sitting on my couch this morning when suddenly a great wind blew through my house and the sky clouded over. I had some documents on my coffee table and the wind blew them into a pattern that spelled out "people are posting horse shit about ghoooooosts on sherrrrrdog" so I jumped on my computer and whaddaya know, there was this thread. Thats how I got in so early.

I dont care if you believe me. I know what I saw. My grandmother always said I was a special boy. She used to call me "the seer."
it's not that, its contrarian, but it's not unusual, you can get a near unanimous opinion on any subject and someone just has to jump in and say "what about...?" It's how humans communicate in groups, and maybe it's not totally unhealthy, dissension is good I guess. but some of you type of anti-woo cats really seem to take things very personally.

Weird that the guy who sells books has a back story that is entirely subjective that makes the story in his book more compelling. Fascinating.

I didn't know what to make of Peck's story or it's place in that book or in his profession. I read it when I was younger, it probably wasn't helpful to me. and then to see his rep years later not really stand up to what it was for various reasons wasn't a surprise. I'm glad I outgrew being influenced by people like him. I don't really know if people are "evil" or if they are, to the degree that he was trying to say, there aren't that many. Most people are good and evil and since we don't always get along, we'll have the former boss/friend/family/spouse using "evil" or "crazy" or "vile" or whatever to describe someone who is probably more or less like the rest of us.

it's not that, its contrarian, but it's not unusual, you can get a near unanimous opinion on any subject and someone just has to jump in and say "what about...?" It's how humans communicate in groups, and maybe it's not totally unhealthy, dissension is good I guess. but some of you type of anti-woo cats really seem to take things very personally.

We do take it personally. There are serious consequences for horse shit like this.

Science is real, ghosts are not. When we start aquiessing to the childlike needs of people to have their special stories taken seriously, we threaten the very notion of a shared reality. It's important that we are truthful with each other.

I'd say you've got it twisted. The feelings are on the side of the people who insist they need to be taken seriously despite spouting bullshit.

I used to have an imaginary friend when I was 4. If my parents were to tell me that he didn't exist, that would not be a case of their feelings being hurt. It would, in fact be a case of them being unnecessarily cruel to a 4 year old. The difference in this case is that people who espouse ghost stories aren't children and should be held to a higher standard

I've witnessed "possession" which I place in quotes because I'm not sure what it really was. I lived with a pastor and family and a girl they took in was supposedly possessed. I've read People of The Lie and don't remember that story from it, read it decades ago.

As far as changes, I've heard Ted Bundy would change in body order, muscle tone and eye color. Some of the public figures I've known have changed a lot in appearance, plastic surgery could have a lot to do with it, presentation probably has way more to do with it. Once people get some money they start fiddling with themselves and hiring stylists and professionals to do them up and work their skin so they hardly look like their original self. I always thought Prince looked like a different person from his first two albums to Purple Rain. One fan on a site said it was "like he willed himself to be good looking" and it was true, he went from plain looking to looking like a star. And yes, many people have claimed he dabbled heavily into the occult and had spiritual dealings of various kinds.

It was about “Charlene” the client who used to toy and torment him just for the fun of it.

The transformation is temporal and noticeable.

Yeah, weird.

I didn't know what to make of Peck's story or it's place in that book or in his profession. I read it when I was younger, it probably wasn't helpful to me. and then to see his rep years later not really stand up to what it was for various reasons wasn't a surprise. I'm glad I outgrew being influenced by people like him. I don't really know if people are "evil" or if they are, to the degree that he was trying to say, there aren't that many. Most people are good and evil and since we don't always get along, we'll have the former boss/friend/family/spouse using "evil" or "crazy" or "vile" or whatever to describe someone who is probably more or less like the rest of us.

Expand on his reputation. I haven’t seen anything negative.

We do take it personally. There are serious consequences for horse shit like this.

Science is real, ghosts are not. When we start aquiessing to the childlike needs of people to have their special stories taken seriously, we threaten the very notion of a shared reality. It's important that we are truthful with each other.

I'd say you've got it twisted. The feelings are on the side of the people who insist they need to be taken seriously despite spouting bullshit.

I used to have an imaginary friend when I was 4. If my parents were to tell me that he didn't exist, that would not be a case of their feelings being hurt. It would, in fact be a case of them being unnecessarily cruel to a 4 year old. The difference in this case is that people who espouse ghost stories aren't children and should be held to a higher standard

ya, but there are millions of them, people who we meet, people in our family, friends and I just don't see why all these guys would make up shit just to impress me. I really don't think we know very much at all about "reality" but of course everyone wants to think they got it all figured out. I study the stuff because I really do think there are a lot of things that are outside of what we are taught to believe and think.

Can it be dangerous? Of course it can, as Randi once said about psychic surgery when precious time could be used to find medical cures. Preachers can let down his followers by stealing their money or sexxing up the women, but he can also counsel and guide people who feel they need it. Science/technology too will be used to help and harm and is demonstrably more than anything else today probably.

Back