Have you ever experienced any paranormal activity?

Have you ever experienced any paranormal activity?

• Total voters
i had a girlfriend whose house was haunted. she would often wake up with a girl sitting at the foot of her bed staring at her but i never saw that. but late at night i would sometimes wake up in her bed and hear an eerie sort of sound that i was not sure was actually there and as i listened it would get louder and louder and it was impossible to explain.... like an osculating drone sound and then you would hear what sounded like dozens of rats in her ceiling and it was extremely creepy and messed up. that happened dozens of times over there.

we also had the phenomenon of something slamming the walls in our home loudly and forcefully when nobody else was home and that went on for a few months.

but ive experienced a ton of this kind of thing.

someone else mentioned rats in the ceiling on here recently, (may have been you but I don't think so). And I've seen that particular story in several places on the net, I don't know what to make of it but it seems common.

someone else mentioned rats in the ceiling on here recently, (may have been you but I don't think so). And I've seen that particular story in several places on the net, I don't know what to make of it but it seems common.
i bet it was me. i change my name a lot. read my sig. it was creepy as heck man.

sure, it's easy to find, I was on my phone when I tried to link it:

https://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/amityville-ghost-boy.php

and here is a brief little excerpt from a docu:

https://www.amazon.com/vdp/0ec2a0de8cff44279cf0e152ed4787d4

they tried to say it might be another person who was around when the pic was taken. Which is the proper thing to do, we should exhaust the shit out of all explanations. But it still doesn't adequately explain it in my opinion.
Pretty freaky cuz it definitely looks like a boy lol

i bet it was me. i change my name a lot. read my sig. it was creepy as heck man.
ya, think it was space gnome, I mentioned to you the last time that I'd read that sort of account other places on the net.

I used to work, while in university, at a treatment centre (youth) that was an old hospital from the 1930s. I worked on weekends, the odd weekday, and did the night shift most of the time. There was one male and one female on overnight shifts. Part of the job was when the clients were asleep you'd do clean up - mopping, laundry, etc. Of course I had to do the basement area which was the old morgue.

Some nights were tense - you just felt something in air and one part of the basement your hair would stand on end when you went near - it was a counselling room that was locked but you had to sweep and mop near it and boy oh boy you'd feel some negative energy as soon as you got near it.

Many other odd things happening. One night i was doing laundry and behind heard voices of children run by (like toddler age) me and past a locked door. I was definitely glad to see the sun that shift.

I could go on but don't feel like it. I definitely feel that it had something to do with the energies of people who past on there when it was a hospital as well as the bad energies of the people coming off of drugs and alcohol.
Man and woman on shift!? Any stories about that!? lol. You know what i mean.

Maybe during COVID, not really sure when it was, I saw someone from school. I later saw his obituary. No idea if I saw him before he died.

Also curious if people have problems when they buy a house someone died in or if they demo and rebuilt on the land.

Maybe. If a camera crew was following me and saw what I did, it would have been the most anticlimactic shit ever.

I was staying in a 13th century castle in Germany and having a mild obsession with castles I was exploring the place. I went down a steep rocky embankment from within the curtain wall and into what i later learned was an old grain store.
I was alone but had my phone as well as my camera. I was using the phone light as a torch. I'd gone into a darkish area inside the grain store and there was a doorway, completely black (as would be expected). I got closer and couldn't see anything inside, so put the camera onto flash and tried to take a picture. As soon as I pressed the camera to take a picture both the camera and phone turned off instantly. I got the fuck out of there as fast as I could.

When I got back into broad day light, I turned both camera and the phone on again. Both batteries were fine and both worked without issues the rest of our trip.

As I said at start, very anticlimactic but it tripped me out more than you could expect.
I've explored maybe 100 castles and this was the only one that scared me beyond a vaguely creepy feeling.

Not really. I think the scariest place I stayed at was an old asylum that they remodeled for a hotel. It's not really scary inside. They changed the interiors and blocked off certain corridors. The only part you can tell is original is the long walkway that connected one wing to the other. It still had linoleum flooring and the old look big windows and lighting.

Not really. I think the scariest place I stayed at was an old asylum that they remodeled for a hotel. It's not really scary inside. They changed the interiors and blocked off certain corridors. The only part you can tell is original is the long walkway that connected one wing to the other. It still had linoleum flooring and the old look big windows and lighting.

I once stayed in a hotel that was a redone old jail which was like that.

Big stone wall outside, original hanging post out the front. But overall a nice old place. Didn't lead to a good sleep thinking about what had likely happened there but nothing unusual

I posted the experiences I had on here, probably 14+ years ago. Apartment I lived in for 2 years had weird activity continuously that got progressively worse.
Prior to that I was a skeptic and had never experienced anything of any kind. But my gf at the time (now wife) was there with me when some of the stuff happened and confirmed I’m not nuts.
Haven’t experienced anything since then though.

More than 2/3 of Sherdog posters appear to believe in ghosts?

And now I finally understand why this place is the way it is.

SOme I believe may be physics we do not understand yet. Some may be time related incidents.

Google tells me that approx 109 billion humans have existed. Meaning roughly 100 billion people have died during earth's history.

Given those numbers, shouldnt we be absolutley overrun with ghosts?

Google tells me that approx 109 billion humans have existed. Meaning roughly 100 billion people have died during earth's history.

Given those numbers, shouldnt we be absolutley overrun with ghosts?

Only if we dismiss EVERYTHING everyone says about the afterlife and why there are ghosts which would be silly if there were ghosts.

And what does everyone say?

My position is that you assumed the existence of ghosts when you made that comment. So going by the assumption that there are ghosts we would then reasonably listen to what people say about them. For the most part that means only a tiny fragment of the souls who pass on fail to move onto the next dimension of their existence and get stuck here in between dimensions.

There are some other explanations too and I don't really have a formed opinion on this phenomenon but IF they exist then there are ways to explain the phenomenon in it's current manifestation.

My position is that you assumed the existence of ghosts when you made that comment. So going by the assumption that there are ghosts we would then reasonably listen to what people say about them. For the most part that means only a tiny fragment of the souls who pass on fail to move onto the next dimension of their existence and get stuck here in between dimensions.

There are some other explanations too and I don't really have a formed opinion on this phenomenon but IF they exist then there are ways to explain the phenomenon in it's current manifestation.

No, I questioned the existence of ghosts with my comment.

IF ghosts were anything other than figments of the imagination I would expect, based on the number of people throughout history who have passed away, that each and every living person today would have had some form of encounter with them, even if only a tiny fragment of those 100 BILLION ended up being tethered to earth.

No, I questioned the existence of ghosts with my comment.

IF ghosts were anything other than figments of the imagination I would expect, based on the number of people throughout history who have passed away, that each and every living person today would have had some form of encounter with them, even if only a tiny fragment of those 100 BILLION ended up being tethered to earth.

yes but if they exist then we would expect peoples accounts of them to have meaning.

Back