Social Have you received a Covid vaccine?

Did you get vaccinated yet?

• Total voters
First shot was a sore arm for a day. Second shot, I iced the shit out of my arm, and it was a tiny bit sore the next day. However, the next day I felt I went on an Andre the Giant drinking binge... felt like a really bad hangover. It only lasted one day though.

just a bit sore after both shots, but felt fine otherwise.

Pfizer 2x

Felt fine, a bit fatigued on the second day of the 1st shot, felt fine the next day.

I got Moderna and only had a sore arm after each shot.

Got both my Pfizer shots in April

1st shot only injection site soreness.

2nd shot one night of fever and body aches.

Ever since the power of a God.

Good luck! I went to Gilroy High School for mine, where Daniel Cormier is the wrestling coach. Pretty neat.

SCVMC for me, tiny ass needle, I was just talking away as I cluelessly received the shot. Didn't feel a thing.
They have so many people there to help get everyone vaccinated.

That was 5 hours ago and feel fine. I live DT, stopped at San Pedro market for IPA and Fish n chips.
Stellar.

I'll add it to a long list of shots already on my shot record that I didn't get advice from YouTubers about before receiving.

#travel
#deploy
#Stackcheese
Well, you didn’t get advice from anybody at all before receiving any of those shots, bud. You took them without a second thought about them because that’s what most people do.

I live my life on my own terms as much as possible and I have a choices to make for myself and my family. Most people don’t, can’t or won’t.

To each their own.

I'd just like to preface that I had my first dose of Pfizer done a couple weeks back and I'm due to get my 2nd dose soon. I was wondering how were the experiences for other people who chose to get vaccinated? I heard the 2nd dose was the rough one and had more prominent side effects like flu like symptoms for a day or so. I'd love to hear other peoples experiences.
I got my 1st dose of Pfizer and got an energy boost from it. Felt better than I'd had in years. Second dose, no energy boost, experienced more pain in shoulder area, but no cold/flu-like symptoms. I'm quite glad that I've been vaccinated and have some level of protection. I've largely been able to enjoy my life since being vaxxed and living in a state with the highest vac levels.

Which vaccine would be considered the safest? From what I understand the Johnson & Johnson has less side effects but the technology behind it is less understood than the science behind the pfizer and moderna

i had my first one 2 weeks ago and i was pretty hungover from the night before. i got it in the morning like 11am, felt fine at the time. got home, walked the dog and then after that i just crashed. i had a temp and was so tired but i went to nap and couldnt sleep.

this didnt feel like usual hangover though, just felt different. but im still not sure if it was a side effect or just hangover.

Reactions: Isa
After getting second dose of Moderna I felt nothing until the following day, started feeling rundown a few hours into my workday, went through a full run of flu symptoms in less than a day. Woke up fine the next morning.

As an aside, I don't recommend getting any needle in a shoulder you've been having trouble with. Did that first time, figured it'd be whatever, felt like I had an icepick stuck in my shoulder for a week.

Got AZ back in May for 1st. Pfizer last night for 2nd. Arm is sore as fuck today but no other apparent side effects yet.

I got the J&J vaccine. The first day I was a little bit tired and spent the rest of the day in my bed watching Netflix. The next day I drank one beer (this one: https://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer/Beer-Ratings.asp?BeerID=594699) and already felt a little dizzy. That was it, no fever or anything like that.
I got J&J in March in Afghan it kicked my ass that next and most of the next day. I felt worse than when I had COVID last year. I don't feel no long term side effects as far as I know.

Waking up the morning after my second shot I felt a bit like I was coming down with something. That lasted about 3 hours. Feeling powerful again.

Minimal side effects from Pfizer 2nd jab (AZ first). Arm was quite sore for about 48 hours, but gone now. Very lethargic and tired from 24 hr post jab - 48 hr post jab. Still feeling unmotivated and lacking energy today but all good I would say. Had way more of an immune response from AZ in first jab.

No I haven't had one.

It's been a real eye opening experience how everyone has become a medical expert or statistical genius the last year. Assuming anyone against or hesitant to take a covid vaccine is some sort of right wing, anti vaxx conspiracy theorist. Fucking hilarious actually.

I was so Invested in the severity of covid-19 in the early days I remember frequenting the early covid threads and flaming anyone not fully invested in the severity. Arguing with people about the importance of masks and staying at home. One way thinking took me over for quite a while. Then, as the virus started to spread worldwide it become evident the risks weren't high for young and healthy people. Once the dust started to settle mid summer 2020 before vaccines the numbers disappeared here in the UK. Almost no deaths and low cases.
November 2020 I lost my smell, taste and had a headache, turns out the entire family had covid. Thankfully, the most severe symptoms were a headache and a mildly elevated temperature in the wife. Kids were all absolutely fine. Then the news of vaccines started to fill the media, before long the rollout began and it was a relief to see vulnerable and oaps get some protection. Then as time went on the noise started about everyone should take the vaccine. Didn't make any sense to me so we decided to snub the vaccine completely.

I'm glad we did. The right thing to do isn't always black and white. There's been several occasions now where I've been in groups where people have ended up with covid. Each time they've got sick, all times they were double jabbed. I'm still not getting sick or getting any symptoms. Difference is ove had covid and haven't been jabbed. What that means I Don't know. But I'm seeing family and friends none of which are old getting sick from covid after their jabs.

Back