Hayabusa Tokushu 16 oz Plus Review - REPEAT! -

Definitely. It would be an entirely different glove if they are a bit smaller and more compact. Hopefully that's the case.

You won't like the thumb (but you can cut it, it will make everything just fine), other than that any of 10-16 oz Tokushu is perfect, VERY compact, insane wrist support, amazing padding.

Is the thumb on those similar to the one in the black Hayabusas pictured?

No I'm talking about the black Hayabusas in the first picture. ;)
The thumb is also weird on those. Eiher way I don't think it's gonna be an issue.

thumb definitely sucks, fine once you cut the attachment though like shihtzu said

Thanks man :)

@Mino
Any Updates on the gloves? How are they holding up? Any latest pictures? How about the stitching, did it rip? You mention that they're synthetic leather that won't last too long because of that but the leather is supposed to be way more durable than actual leather. I've seen it first hand with the Rival gloves, synthetic leather can be way better than genuine leather if it's high quality, in every single aspect.

@Shihtzu
Looks similar to the thumb on my old Reyes gloves. Those are best for bag work. Maybe I'm being too positive but I don't think it's gonna be an issue.

I'm serous. :D
The thumb on my Reyes looked much worse and it was fine because I don't have long fingers so my thumb wasn't even bent or put in an awkward position but we will see. If they are that bad I'm gonna return them, no biggie. I like the plus version anyway but need another pair if gloves specifically for the bag. And the regular Tokushu with their padding and wrist support fit the bill perfectly.

@Gonzag. The review I did for those wasnt very good. I dont have them anymore, sold them, then had a 16oz pair and now a 10oz pair and the stitching is fine. I like the synthetic leather and think the gloves are great.

Question for all u thumb lock cutters out there. Has anyone cut the thumblock out and restitched it in a more ideal position?

Question for all u thumb lock cutters out there. Has anyone cut the thumblock out and restitched it in a more ideal position?

Once you cut the thumb, there's no going back. No reason to go back imo. Un-attatched thumbs are so much more comfortable. Night and day difference.

The more I use them the more fun I have with these gloves. It's a lot of fun to hit the bags with them, for me anyway. So far everything is great but I'm not too sure about the stitching. Will post updates soon to report on this. The material they used to stitch these gloves doesn't seem to be too durable but maybe I'm wrong here, time will tell. But I do love the gloves.

The more I use them the more fun I have with these gloves. It's a lot of fun to hit the bags with them, for me anyway. So far everything is great but I'm not too sure about the stitching. Will post updates soon to report on this. The material they used to stitch these gloves doesn't seem to be too durable but maybe I'm wrong here, time will tell. But I do love the gloves.

The main issue is the appearance of the stitiching (the don't care to finish it properly). The durability itlself is excellent.

Mine have lasted no issue but my stitching was excess lol. On the Velcro there are stray excess runs that I didn't notice until way later. In the glove itself it's pretty much perfect.

Back