Hayabusa Tokushu 16 oz Plus Review - REPEAT! -

Fight gloves are hard to judge. They're not built to last, you can't do much with them so it's hard to make a glove that falls apart when you use them on the double end bag or in a 4 round fight. :D

Rival is a solid brand, I just think the Tokushu's are far superior to their best gear.

This is what I have been saying all the time and got flamed for it lol
Not that d3o are that bad, but Tokushu are way way better. The knuckle protection (absorption) is much better, wrist support is incomparable, durability of the padding is far better either, really not reason to pick up RB10 instead of Tokushu, they are simply much worse than Tokushu.

+1 flame me if you want. Rival's best cannot compete with Hayabusa's mid tier Tokushu model.

You can't wash them. It's very difficult to get smell out of gloves, and with the Tokushu you really have to baby them to prevent that. You can try glove dogs but it likely won't make a real difference

yeah, once gloves get the stink, it's hard to get it out. Best to prevent it with daily maintenance.

in my experience gloves made out of synthetic and/or gloves with the mesh are the worst, they start to smell bad after a couple of uses. what i recently did with my stinky throw away pair of everlasts is i stuffed them with clorox wipes, 3 in each glove, left them for a couple of days until dry and stuffed them with fresh set of wipes. worked for me.

Never really had a problem with stink in synthetic gloves. Ive always done Febreeze sport or odor aid with glove dogs and it has kept the funk at bay. I could however see synthetics getting stinkier due to the fact that I feel they get hotter than leather gloves therefore sweating much more.

the bamboo lining really absorbs all the sweat very readily, too

Never really had a problem with stink in synthetic gloves. Ive always done Febreeze sport or odor aid with glove dogs and it has kept the funk at bay. I could however see synthetics getting stinkier due to the fact that I feel they get hotter than leather gloves therefore sweating much more.

I actually got these gloves from you and you really turned me around to Hayabusa. I hated their first gloves but these are fun to use. Thanks man!

I like my tokushus but its true, the liner really sops up sweat. I also find the liner to bunch up around my pinky fingers.

good glove though, with a few tweaks it would be perfect.

Are they washable? Mine are starting to smell.

I de-stunk 2 pairs of mildly smelly gloves with the following method: soak a paper towel full of 90% rubbing alcohol and rub da ish out of the inside of the gloves, then let them air dry. Repeat several times as necessary. Then shove Bounce sheets into the hand compartment, making sure you get them all the way to the fingertips (if that's the problem area). Let them sit overnight in a well-ventilated area (I set my gloves under the HVAC vents, for example). Repeat the whole process after every training session (took about 6 sessions or so for the stink to completely dissipate; may take longer or the stink may never dissipate if it's gotten too bad).

In the future, to avoid stink: 1.) Clean and air dry gloves after every session, 2.) Glove dogs or Bounce sheets inside the gloves after every session while they're air drying, 3.) If you pull your hand out of a stinky focus mitt, buddy's glove, or whatev's, think twice about sticking your hands into your own gloves, 4.) Wash your hands before (wrapping and) sticking your hands into your gloves, 5.) Consider wearing thin cotton work gloves before wrapping your hands (works like a sock in a shoe).

I de-stunk 2 pairs of mildly smelly gloves with the following method: soak a paper towel full of 90% rubbing alcohol and rub da ish out of the inside of the gloves, then let them air dry. Repeat several times as necessary. Then shove Bounce sheets into the hand compartment, making sure you get them all the way to the fingertips (if that's the problem area). Let them sit overnight in a well-ventilated area (I set my gloves under the HVAC vents, for example). Repeat the whole process after every training session (took about 6 sessions or so for the stink to completely dissipate; may take longer or the stink may never dissipate if it's gotten too bad).

In the future, to avoid stink: 1.) Clean and air dry gloves after every session, 2.) Glove dogs or Bounce sheets inside the gloves after every session while they're air drying, 3.) If you pull your hand out of a stinky focus mitt, buddy's glove, or whatev's, think twice about sticking your hands into your own gloves, 4.) Wash your hands before (wrapping and) sticking your hands into your gloves, 5.) Consider wearing thin cotton work gloves before wrapping your hands (works like a sock in a shoe).
this is great...thanks for the share

I didn't realize that Tokushus were known for getting stinky. Glad I parted with mine before that happened.

Mine haven't gotten stinky. I'm thinking because I give my gloves plenty of time to air dry, I shove glove dogs in them immediately after training and I cycle through my gloves. With as much fabrics as these have inside, I can see them getting gnarly.

Sorry for bumping up old thread.
So hayabusa tokushu's inner bamboo lining failed to prevent bacteria.
What about the latest hayabusa t3 that use different material? Something called xt2 silver lining.
Someone on this forum say that they never get stinky unlike his reyes and rival.
Assuming we all air them out properly after training.

Back