Opinion Heart Disease vs. COVID 19

Ezekiel 25:17

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Globally, heart disease kills around 12.7 million people per year compared to covid which has tallied up to about 3.4. Thats not even remotely close.

So when will we be pushing for bans on fast food and alcohol? When will we mandate daily exercise sessions for people to get their health up?

Meanwhile, nearly 10 million people die from hunger or nutrition related death every year.

So it seems either an over abundance of junk food or lack of food in general has been our number 1 world issue yearly, yet covid is literally the thing thats changing everything. Closing businesses, bankrupting people, causing spikes in mental health issues and suicide, driving wedges in relationships, making people lose their jobs. Psycologically raping and distorting peoples point of views and beliefs.

Does no one else see the mindfuck in all of this? Mortality rates are still also insanely low in people under 70. Average lifespan amongst humans is just under 80.

We have turned the world upside down over something that kills less people then cigarettes.....pulmonary disease btw.

And i have yet to know one person who has contracted this and felt the need to visit a hospital. Shits going too far with the fear based tactics imo. Theres at least 10 different things that could happen in a regular day that scares me more than this shit.

Covid has shown the lengths people are willing to go to in order to fight something that they view as a threat to humanity. It is just too bad that our leaders and the same people who are enthusiastic about stopping covid don't have the same enthusiasm when it comes to fighting things like poverty and the growing wealth gap.

Globally, heart disease kills around 12.7 million people per year compared to covid which has tallied up to about 3.4. Thats not even remotely close.

So when will we be pushing for bans on fast food and alcohol? When will we mandate daily exercise sessions for people to get their health up?

Meanwhile, nearly 10 million people die from hunger or nutrition related death every year.

So it seems either an over abundance of junk food or lack of food in general has been our number 1 world issue yearly, yet covid is literally the thing thats changing everything. Closing businesses, bankrupting people, causing spikes in mental health issues and suicide, driving wedges in relationships, making people lose their jobs. Psycologically raping and distorting peoples point of views and beliefs.

Does no one else see the mindfuck in all of this? Mortality rates are still also insanely low in people under 70. Average lifespan amongst humans is just under 80.

We have turned the world upside down over something that kills less people then cigarettes.....pulmonary disease btw.

And i have yet to know one person who has contracted this and felt the need to visit a hospital. Shits going too far with the fear based tactics imo. Theres at least 10 different things that could happen in a regular day that scares me more than this shit.

It is mass hysteria and mass psychosis.

When I can get heart disease from your respiratory droplets.

Point is, even when you get covid your survivability is exceptionally high. You have a better chance of dying from eating ho hos and passing that shitty habit onto your kids, therefore introducing that nasty habit to a new gen and afflicting them with all sorts of health issues which in turn makes you susceptible to shit like covid.

See how it works.

Your crappy lifestyle pretty much makes you a mark for these kinds of viral infenctions and diseases. Lifestyle change is usually the answer but most people wont make that commitment out if sheer laziness or lack of utter care. Its why people look for quick fixes and shortcuts. The vaccination itself has been used as this kind if mechanism for many. "Ive been vaxxed so im impervious and am doing my part". No you lazy mofo, you are just delaying the invetable. Youre still most likely going to die before your 75th birthday cause you live like shit.

That is the truth of the matter, love it or hate it.

Last edited:
Point is, even when you get covid your survivability is exceptionally high. You have a better chance of dying from eating ho hos and passing that shitty habit onto your kids, therefore introducing that nasty habit to a new gen and afflicting them with all sorts of health issues which in turn makes you susceptible to shit like covid.

I'm sure if you follow the money trail you will find people profiting off of covid hysteria. There is not a lot of money to be made fixing more serious problems like poverty and the wealth gap.

I'm sure if you follow the money trail you will find people profiting off of covid hysteria. There is not a lot of money to be made fixing more serious problems like poverty and the wealth gap.

Pfizer has already made billions. Do your research on them and youll see a nice long trail of bribery and corruption. No mystery what big pharma is all about.

Hi @Ezekiel 25:17

I'm not sure I agree with the analogy for a few reasons:

Heart Disease is a combination of genetic factors and lifestyle choices. COVID is transmissable and can be caught almost regardless of lifestyle choices. People who eat junk food and don't exercise are largely blamed for their own decisions (it certaintly isn't contagious - you don't get it sitting next to a fat person) while people who die of COVID are, comparatively at least, innocent.

Heart Disease has a mountain of time, money and effort thrown at it every year. It is stupendous the amount of effort that goes into promoting healthy lifestyles and choices, from truth in advertising legislation, tax laws that punish unhealthy food and encourage healthy eating, to school education and physical education to develop healthy habits from the earliest onset. Obviously there are no benefits to locking down society for Heart Disease - in fact, restricting exercise and leading a sedentary life is a risk factor for it - but there are for COVID. The risks should be assessed sensibly, objectively and humanely: short term lockdowns to prevent/reduce/limit COVID deaths while not endangering long term health is a good thing, while long term lockdowns are not a good thing for physical nor mental health. The exact degree of lockdown should come down to scientific evidence and it may differ from location to location depending on geographic or social, economic and cultural grounds.

I do feel there's a more nuanced conversation that can be had but I am concerned about this line in your post:

Psycologically raping and distorting peoples point of views and beliefs.

It isn't suggesting to me that this is conducive to discussion but I've done my best above.

Edit: made a few changes for clarity here and there

Last edited:
Of course, people don't give a shit unless something is obviously threatening them.

I just mean when someone, me, you, grandpa, can get it from someone else very easily. But yes, in general you can do what you whatever you want unless it starts to harm other people. You have the freedom to act irresponsibly and hurt yourself with unhealthy diet and lifestyle if you wish. I wouldn't recommend it, but that's really none my business. Perhaps if my tax dollars go to your health care it gets a bit more complicated.

See how it works.

Your crappy lifestyle pretty much makes you a mark for these kinds of viral infenctions and diseases. Lifestyle change is usually the answer but most people wont make that commitment out if sheer laziness or lack of utter care. Its why people look for quick fixes and shortcuts. The vaccination itself has been used as this kind if mechanism for many. "Ive been vaxxed so im impervious and am doing my part". No you lazy mofo, you are just delaying the invetable. Youre still most likely going to die before your 75th birthday cause you live like shit.

That is the truth of the matter, love it or hate it.

I don't eat ho hos or ding dongs my lifestyle is very clean and try and teach my family to do the same to mitigate risk.

I think you are underselling the severity of the virus here. With zero intervention the hospital beds and icus fill quickly, and sick people are still coming in ever exponentially increasing waves. Now the people who had heart attacks might not be able to get treatment, or the people who got in car accidents maybe even by no fault of their own. Heart disease is already accounted for, it is the surge of hospitalizations out of nowhere that has made covid a uniquely dangerous threat to heath care systems. It's not just crappy lifestyle people who get seriously ill, the most vulnerable are the very old who had healthy lifestyle that is why they lived to age 80. They deserve better than to be considered expendable imo.

Hi @Ezekiel 25:17

I'm not sure I agree with the analogy for a few reasons:

Heart Disease is a combination of genetic factors and lifestyle choices. COVID is transmissable and can be caught almost regardless of lifestyle choices. People who eat junk food and don't exercise are largely blamed for their own decisions (it certaintly isn't contagious - you don't get it sitting next to a fat person) while people who die of COVID are, comparatively at least, innocent.

Heart Disease has a mountain of time, money and effort thrown at it every year. It is stupendous the amount of effort that goes into promoting healthy lifestyles and choices, from truth in advertising legislation, tax laws that punish unhealthy food and encourage healthy eating, to school education and physical education to develop healthy habits from the earliest onset. Obviously there are no benefits to locking down society for Heart Disease - in fact, restricting exercise and leading a sedentary life is a risk factor for it - but there are for COVID. The risks should be assessed sensibly, objectively and humanely: short term lockdowns to prevent/reduce/limit COVID deaths while not endangering long term health is a good thing, while long term lockdowns are not a good thing for physical nor mental health. The exact degree of lockdown should come down to scientific evidence and it may differ from location to location depending on geographic or social, economic and cultural grounds.

I do feel there's a more nuanced conversation that can be had but I am concerned about this line in your post:

Psycologically raping and distorting peoples point of views and beliefs.

It isn't suggesting to me that this is conducive to discussion but I've done my best above.

Edit: made a few changes for clarity here and there

The 3 main causes of death per year are health related. What world do you live in? I see possibly 1 maybe 2 commercials a year as it pertains to any sort of healthy lifestyle or exercise. Meanwhile, fast food commercials and ads are minute by minute. Anywhere you go you are surrounded with it. Even forms of cancer have direct correlations to the foods we eat now and how we live.

Sugar has been routinely described as being 20 times or more addictive then some of the hardest drugs.

Ive heard the spiel about..."well fast food isnt contagious". Yes it fucking is. Psycologically contagious. You are introduced to it at an extremely early age and causes a myriad of issues from the onset. One you get used to it , good luck trying to escape its clutches. Its everywhere you look and go so its hard not to fall victim to it all. Alcohol most definitely included.

All this constant treating your body like utter shit ultimately weakens it and makes it more and more susceptible to recovering from illness or viral infections.

You speak of innocense. Whats innocent about an obese 6 year old who huffs and puffs running across the playground? Whats innocent about a mom stuffing her toddlers mouth with chicken mcnuggets and ice cream? These kids are being introduced to shit more addictive then drugs that may have a destructive impact on their bodies long term. Dont get me started on alcohol.

Im not here to completely dismiss covid, all im saying is that if people focused on some basic things and made some realistic changes, so much could be avoided or at least reduced.

Also im not in any way saying elderly are expendable. Just most people who are older didnt exactly live the cleanest lifestyles as well. Theres a reason so many suffer a slew of issues as they age. Theres also a reason a very, very select few live past 90 or 100.

Look, most people, maybe 95 percent have no clue how to properly live. Its just how we are all raised. What we are all raised around. The problem is, most people know they dont do shit right but do absolutely nothing to remedy it. People are cool with living "plugged in" and will do anything to preserve that lifestyle.

ignorance-is-bliss.jpg

Last edited:
The 3 main causes of death per year are health related.

Nothing to add to this.

What world do you live in? I see possibly 1 maybe 2 commercials a year as it pertains to any sort of healthy lifestyle or exercise. Meanwhile, fast food commercials and ads are minute by minute. Anywhere you go you are surrounded with it. Even forms of cancer have direct correlations to the foods we eat now and how we live.

Australia. It's everywhere, even though we're still fat. It might be different where you are.

Sugar has been routinely described as being 20 times or more addictive then some of the hardest drugs.

This is a little contradictory to the above, since you say you don't hear about it but then you are routinely advised of the dangers of sugar.

Ive heard the spiel about..."well fast food isnt contagious". Yes it fucking is. Psycologically contagious. You are introduced to it at an extremely early age and causes a myriad of issues from the onset. One you get used to it , good luck trying to escape its clutches. Its everywhere you look and go so its hard not to fall victim to it all. Alcohol most definitely included.

Contagious and addictive are not the same thing. I've never undersold the risks of Heart Disease, it's something we throw a huge amount of resources into. You are not, however, going to keel over and die when someone eats a Big Mac next to you. More broadly though I'm not sure why you keep talking about the dangers of heart disease since I agree with you.

All this constant treating your body like utter shit ultimately weakens it and makes it more and more susceptible to recovering from illness or viral infections.

Agreed.

You speak of innocense. Whats innocent about an obese 6 year old who huffs and puffs running across the playground? Whats innocent about a mom stuffing her toddlers mouth with chicken mcnuggets and ice cream? These kids are being introduced to shit more addictive then drugs that may have a destructive impact on their bodies lomg term. Dont get me started on alcohol.

Agreed, parents shouldn't be letting their 6 year olds be morbidly obese, it's basically child abuse. This has nothing to do with the conversation at hand, nor is it even a disagreement. We're on the same page here.

Im not here to completely dismiss covid, all im saying is that if people focused some basic things and made some realistic changes, so much could be avoided or at lesst reduced.

Why can't we do both? Perhaps there's a lot less education in the US about unhealthy lifestyles but it is everywhere where I live, and both in obvious ways (TV ads, health star recommendations on food, truth in advertising) and quiet ways (increased tax on unhealthy items, less or no tax on healthy items), and this goes beyond Government intervention but there is a mountain of private industry designed around healthy life choices as a profitable business. I completely agree that we need to work on Heart Disease but that doesn't mean we just drop everything else for it.

Should we take sensible measures on COVID? Yes, and we should do so using good science and with the economy and people's mental health in careful consideration.

People say "your heart disease and morbid conditions can't jeopardize others health" ... Well to be honest the majority of COVID death have been from pre-existing conditions so because people can't mange their own health this effects other freedoms and society all together. That is pretty selfish

Covid has shown the lengths people are willing to go to in order to fight something that they view as a threat to humanity. It is just too bad that our leaders and the same people who are enthusiastic about stopping covid don't have the same enthusiasm when it comes to fighting things like poverty and the growing wealth gap.
Or pollution.

Better yet, focus these same efforts at the country that has a record of exporting pandemics every few years. Naaaw, there's no opportunity to exert more control over the citizens if they do that and it's not profitable either.

It’s always the fatties I see wearing the masks nowadays bless them.

Hope they find closure.

When respiratory disease is wildly contagious

People say "your heart disease and morbid conditions can't jeopardize others health" ... Well to be honest the majority of COVID death have been from pre-existing conditions so because people can't mange their own health this effects other freedoms and society all together. That is pretty selfish

Also people saying people dont drop dead eating junk. Not true at all. My cousin of only 36 died from a heart attack. It was triggered by a heavy meal he ate literally hours before. He had a horrendous diet up to that point, all his life. This kind of shit happens more routinely then people think.
Ah jeez you had to edit this image into your post? Man it looks fucking stupid.

Its the truth of the matter. Nothing stupid about that.

Remember, we're all in this together.

Except we're not. Otherwise we'd take the mental health, economic and liberty aspects into consideration as well. But those with immunity, or suffering mental breakdowns of losing everything they've worked for must stfu and comply. Let's face it, there's more to life than just not dying. Just existing isn't the same as living.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; for the vast majority of us, covid did next-to nothing to increase our day-to-day likelihood of dying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back