Opinion Heart Disease vs. COVID 19

I get it. In a just society we must protect our vulnerable or those who are helpless. We know how to do that, but they must also help themselves. Do we keep in perpetual lockdown mode because Sally from the trailer park can't help but stuff a dozen cheeseburgers down her throat daily? The immunocompromised should likewise take measures to safeguard their health and I'm more than willing to help accommodate that to a point. I'll mask up and keep my distance without a second thought as that's a fair ask.

Personally I don't want or need this type of "help" and should be allowed to make my own choices. Allowed? Lol. I do and will keep doing so. I'm also well aware that the next time (guaranteed there's going to be a next time as this thing isn't going away) I catch Covid it might kick my ass. And that's a chance I'm willing to take.

You've been to some of the shitholes of this world and I'm sure you've seen people take chances in order to have a better life and live free. Yet some people born to a life of luxury, and let's face it much of North America is luxury compared to recent world history, are so willing to bend over backwards to give away what others would value the most. Strange days indeed.

Damned wall of text

Oh yea I agree I have traveled to some really poor country's and locked down country's and North America has it so easy. Giving up a inch of your rights is worth the fight in my eyes. Every time the government takes a inch they never go back just always forward. Maybe they got the best interest right now but 10-20 years maybe not. Also I am all about the tangibles if it is 100% proven you do x for y then I would. But it's not like that and yea people don't know cause COVID is new but don't tell me in USA to close a small business then have a politician go get there hair done in that shop. Time and time again the rule makers are caught breaking the rules ... want to protest racism during the high of the pandemic we will allow but screw your drying mom in the hospital you can't go see her.

Never. The healthcare systems make too much money from unhealthy people, as do the fast food companies themselves - it's profitable to have these sickly, fat fuckers alive and just about breathing.

Weight is also an identity choice. Being plus size doesn't mean heart disease.
giphy.gif

With COVID health authorities and politicians have claimed they can overcome the COVID virus with using different methods. With medical science it is said that many people's lives can be saved that other wise would not be. The verdict is still out on these claims. I hope the health authorities are right, but the longer this continues the more doubts the public have, and understandably.

Last I checked you couldn’t get heart disease from someone sneezing in a grocery store

Last I checked you couldn’t get heart disease from someone sneezing in a grocery store
Do healthy people die from COVID at a alarming rate? or is it pre-existing conditions ?
Also wear a N95 then it doesn't matter who sneezes

When I can get heart disease from your respiratory droplets.

With delta's higher R0, they're thinking the virus will become endemic and everyone will catch it. Like a seasonal flu.
So you can either catch it now, or catch it later when it has potentially mutated into something worse. Either way someone's droplets is giving you the 'rona sooner or later.

Maybe that's the issue. People demanding safety because they genuinely believe they can dodge infection forever, but are actually only delaying the inevitable.

Don't ask questions. You'll be told what to think and if you hear of anyone who's thinking, shut them down any way you can! Straw man, ad hominem, circular reasoning, or change the subject to something incendiary, Trump not being officially elected is a classic... The plan moves forward...

Simple Answer….shit food and alcohol generate big profits, Covid generates big profits..anyone who believes this has ever been about public health and safety, is totally insane..

Dying from heart disease or cancer which I believe highest ways of dying is normalize in society. I mean you got to die somehow, you don't want to live forever. We just expect to die from something so heart failure is something acceptable to die from.

While Covid is new and hasn't been with us for decades. For example dying from regular flu, which we accept as something that is normalize in today society. If Covid is here to stay for awhile like decades, than you'll see the novelty wear out.

It's all based on perception really.

In 2019 1.5 million deaths were from diabetes so I am not sure why we even bother with insulin.
Plus lately Covid seems to only seems to kill anti vax conservative talk show hosts.

The 3 main causes of death per year are health related. What world do you live in? I see possibly 1 maybe 2 commercials a year as it pertains to any sort of healthy lifestyle or exercise. Meanwhile, fast food commercials and ads are minute by minute. Anywhere you go you are surrounded with it. Even forms of cancer have direct correlations to the foods we eat now and how we live.

Sugar has been routinely described as being 20 times or more addictive then some of the hardest drugs.

Ive heard the spiel about..."well fast food isnt contagious". Yes it fucking is. Psycologically contagious. You are introduced to it at an extremely early age and causes a myriad of issues from the onset. One you get used to it , good luck trying to escape its clutches. Its everywhere you look and go so its hard not to fall victim to it all. Alcohol most definitely included.

All this constant treating your body like utter shit ultimately weakens it and makes it more and more susceptible to recovering from illness or viral infections.

You speak of innocense. Whats innocent about an obese 6 year old who huffs and puffs running across the playground? Whats innocent about a mom stuffing her toddlers mouth with chicken mcnuggets and ice cream? These kids are being introduced to shit more addictive then drugs that may have a destructive impact on their bodies long term. Dont get me started on alcohol.

Im not here to completely dismiss covid, all im saying is that if people focused on some basic things and made some realistic changes, so much could be avoided or at least reduced.

Also im not in any way saying elderly are expendable. Just most people who are older didnt exactly live the cleanest lifestyles as well. Theres a reason so many suffer a slew of issues as they age. Theres also a reason a very, very select few live past 90 or 100.

Look, most people, maybe 95 percent have no clue how to properly live. Its just how we are all raised. What we are all raised around. The problem is, most people know they dont do shit right but do absolutely nothing to remedy it. People are cool with living "plugged in" and will do anything to preserve that lifestyle.

ignorance-is-bliss.jpg

Thanks for responding to that post, there was so much wrong about it I didn’t know where to begin..

In 2019 1.5 million deaths were from diabetes so I am not sure why we even bother with insulin.
Plus lately Covid seems to only seems to kill anti vax conservative talk show hosts.
You can’t possibly be this dumb..
https://www.ineteconomics.org/uploads/papers/WP_120-Collington-The-insulin-industry.pdf

from the sale of insulin products in the period 2009-2018, as insulin list prices rose. Distributions to the company shareholders in the form of cash dividends and share repurchases totaled $122 billion over this period. The paper also considers the role of other actors in the insulin supply chain, such as pharmacy benefits managers (PBMs), in the determination of list prices. The data and analysis presented in the paper indicates that financialization could be considered in tension with not only the development of new drugs that will be available to patients in the future, but also the affordability of products that already exist today

I've never downplayed the importance and danger of Heart Disease, I've said that you won't die because someone next to you ate a Big Mac.

You aren't reading my posts and are way off topic, so I'm done. Feel free to read my posts at some point if that was ever the point of making this thread.

There have been countless studies that indicate unhealthy eating as a contagion…within families, and within peer groups, I can link up half a dozen studies but I don’t think you are truly interested and would rather ignore the data and continue to think that unhealthy eating only effects the individual…

I’m outta breath just reading this thread.

Back