Heavy (100-120 kg) power twisters: anyone try them?

Had family party last night and laughed while opening gift from parents. Bc she 'had no idea what to get '
It's a hydraulic arm strengthener you can set between 10kg and 210kg
61L41ai15lL._AC_SX425_.jpg

can't budge the thing over 160kg setting

Wow, what a funny coincidence! I was wondering about that because I have searched and seen no videos anywhere of guys hitting the 120 kg power twister and I don't think I've seen any videos of guys doing the 110 kg power twister with an overhand grip either. So 210 kg is totally out of this world, assuming the resistance level is comparable at all.

Not gonna lie, I've thought about buying this thing many times.

I'm not bagging on this because manual labor is the original (and certainly most accessible) workout. But that thing literally looks like the branch cutters I keep in the garage. When pruning trees in the backyard, cutting through a 1 1/2" branch will really max it out and I have to put one handle against my chest and the other in a thai plum clinch. I like to shrug my shoulders with the squeeze to get some trap accessory work along with my lats, bis and forearms. Lopping small 1/4" twigs are great for less resistance, high rep or deload days.

u2870_ratchet_loppers_amtech_et-am-0008_1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not bagging on this because manual labor is the original (and certainly most accessible) workout. But that thing literally looks like the branch cutters I keep in the garage. When pruning trees in the backyard, cutting through a 1 1/2" branch will really max it out and I have to put one handle against my chest and the other in a thai plum clinch. I like to shrug my shoulders with the squeeze to get some trap accessory work along with my lats, bis and forearms. Lopping small 1/4" twigs are great for less resistance, high rep or deload days.

u2870_ratchet_loppers_amtech_et-am-0008_1.jpg
Actually, it reminded of pretty much the same thing--it made me think of bolt cutters, which I'd used a lot in a previous jobs to break locks. In one job, at a health club, I was often called upon to break locks that were difficult, but there was a memorable occasion where there was a lock I couldn't cut with the bolt cutter and so they got my older brother. My older brother is very, very strong but when he tried to cut the lock, it initially didn't give. He gritted and then, no lie, the lock broke but there was actually a spark that flew. It was pretty epic as far as bolt-cutting goes.

Lock cutting kind of the highlight of that job, in all honesty. Always made me feel cool when people felt the need to call on me to open one up.

I have tried both the traditional stick shaped Power Twister and also the hydraulics X shaped Power Twister.

A bit of background, I'm used to going to the gym once in a while, able to bench two dumbells of 30KG in each arm. The hydraulics Power Twister I have goes up to 200KG, the stick shape Power Twister is 80KG. I can feel a much better workout using the stick because of the resistance as I'm pulling back out, but with the hydraulics the resistance only works when pushing in, and there's limited movement on how you can push in.

This isn't a gimmick, the Power Twister really works in making your chest really sore the next 3-4 days.

I have tried both the traditional stick shaped Power Twister and also the hydraulics X shaped Power Twister.

A bit of background, I'm used to going to the gym once in a while, able to bench two dumbells of 30KG in each arm. The hydraulics Power Twister I have goes up to 200KG, the stick shape Power Twister is 80KG. I can feel a much better workout using the stick because of the resistance as I'm pulling back out, but with the hydraulics the resistance only works when pushing in, and there's limited movement on how you can push in.

This isn't a gimmick, the Power Twister really works in making your chest really sore the next 3-4 days.
Is this kind of like a shake weight for men?

Is that 60kg or 120kg?!
I said 30KG dumbell in each arm, meaning I'm benching 60KG in total. I'm not a body builder, no expert and only go to the gym once in a while so I say that's a decent weight I can bench. The Power Twister is simply better for home storage, more portable, and it does work long as you go for the stick shape and not the X shape hydraulic nonsense.

If you use the stick Power Twister, force yourself to bench it and unbend it very slowly, you will continue to feel the resistance as you unbend it. That kind of resistance is not present in the X shape hydraulic version.

I said 30KG dumbell in each arm, meaning I'm benching 60KG in total. I'm not a body builder, no expert and only go to the gym once in a while so I say that's a decent weight I can bench. The Power Twister is simply better for home storage, more portable, and it does work long as you go for the stick shape and not the X shape hydraulic nonsense.

If you use the stick Power Twister, force yourself to bench it and unbend it very slowly, you will continue to feel the resistance as you unbend it. That kind of resistance is not present in the X shape hydraulic version.
Cool to see another person into the power twister. 80 kg is pretty strong.

The spring feels better than hydraulic for sure. You can muscle into it for explosiveness and hold it from opening. The hydraulic only moves at 1 speed. Somma bitch started to hurt elbows after a couple days too

The spring feels better than hydraulic for sure. You can muscle into it for explosiveness and hold it from opening. The hydraulic only moves at 1 speed. Somma bitch started to hurt elbows after a couple days too
Sounds like Jesus Christ is jackhammering Mickey Mouse in the doo-doo hole with a lawn dart.

Back