Help with my routine (strength / mobility exercises)

Here's 900 lbs for reps. Saw a person do 1600 lbs in a video but can't find it. Normal looking guy. Maybe the machine leverage was affecting actual poundage on calves though. These are donkey raises with leverage keeping it close to actual weight. Maybe it's 800 lbs? 700? Either way they're pretty normal guys. Just as a 700 lb deadlift is an elite lifter, maybe something like 1300 lb calf raise is the same level of power. They just require adequate training like every lift.

1400 lbs but the leverage of the machine makes it, 1200 lbs? Normal looking guy again, I don't think he's built much under the shirt or doing much in other lifts but who knows. There's another video I haven't found yet with more weight.

1400 lbs but the leverage of the machine makes it, 1200 lbs? Normal looking guy again, I don't think he's built much under the shirt or doing much in other lifts but who knows. There's another video I haven't found yet with more weight.

Neither of these videos are anywhere near 1,500 lbs at the ankle and it's the absolute best you can find. Far from "easily enough".
You've been talking out of your ass this entire thread.

Well that was fun.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to my OP, I understand that my equipment and goals barely qualify me to post in this forum.

I have reworked what I am doing, with the intention of rehabbing/prehabbing on my weights for now and moving to more of a calisthenics style workout down the line. Blake's suggestion of AMRAP has been particularly helpful to push myself in "strict-lockdown 5.0".

Neither of these videos are anywhere near 1,500 lbs at the ankle and it's the absolute best you can find. Far from "easily enough".
You've been talking out of your ass this entire thread.
Is 1200 lbs not anywhere near 1500 lbs? Or is 1000 lbs not anywhere near 1500 lbs? No way is mechanical leverage taking out more than 1/3 of the damn weight. Who is talking out of their ass now? Do you think he can deadlift 700 or squat 600? Because my point is that it's a below elite level weightlifter doing at least 1000 lb calf raises with full stretch in the heel. Calves are strong.
Eddie Hall can deadlift 1000 lbs and joe schmo who likes to train calves can calf raise 1000+ lbs and it's looking above 1100, probably falling on 1200 lbs. Easy enough means you don't need to be top 10k in the world to reach 1500 lb calf raises.

...Who is talking out of their ass now? ...

It's still you.

I will defer to any physics or engineering nerd that cares to work it out but my experience and some simple math leads me to believe that the guys in both those vids have Mechanical Advantage of around 2. IOW Mr 1400 lbs is exerting the equivalent of 700 and Mr Donkey Raise about 450 to maybe 600.

Started a Log for you, let's see what you got - https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/martial-sovereigns-training-log.4195800/

Thanks.
Thought experiment for the calf thing:
If you are trying to lift a log from one end, if I stand on the log directly above where you're trying to lift, do you have to live the entirety of my weight?
Yup. The weight near the back has mechanical leverage involved but not the big stack of plates directly above.

Thanks.
Thought experiment for the calf thing:
If you are trying to lift a log from one end, if I stand on the log directly above where you're trying to lift, do you have to live the entirety of my weight?
Yup. The weight near the back has mechanical leverage involved but not the big stack of plates directly above.

I agree with your log example but that does not apply to the vids you posted. The weight is not directly above in either case so I'm not sure why you would bother to point this out. In both cases the centre of the mass is approx equal distance from the fulcrum. IOW the Effort Arm and the Load Arm are approx equal in distance which results in a Mechanical Advantage of roughly 2.

:)
This thread is certainly up there in my top ten unexpectedly funny threads of the year so far.
The thing is I completely believe that Martial Sovereign is being earnest, I like him, and I'm glad he's posting on F13 (that likely comes across as a bit condescending and patronising towards him, maybe it is...).
I would genuinely love it if he proves us all wrong with his personal push-up challenge.

The thing is I completely believe that Martial Sovereign is being earnest, I like him, and I'm glad he's posting on F13 (that likely comes across as a bit condescending and patronising towards him, maybe it is...).
I would genuinely love it if he proves us all wrong with his personal push-up challenge.

Agreed on all points, some of his views are a bit wack and I'm positive will be proved incorrect to him in time but he is not being a beligerent dick so more power too him. The fact that he actually came through with getting his log rolling instead of the more common sherdog lip service speaks well of his character to me.
Thread has brought the lols tho

Now do you think they could reach a 2k max by training body weight calf raises to failure?

I get there's some jovial air in the thread but with mind-body connection you can focus body weight on specific muscles to a degree. Otherwise one's mind is a blunt instrument and you can't get muscle specificity. Basically you'd get each muscle to push 100 lbs and then add it all up, though there'd be some asymmetry in strength. Bone, tendon, and tissue strengthening would require extreme repetition of course so at the end of the day you need the high reps.
To failure generates massive mental strength and mind-body connection yall have no clue.

1500 lbs is doable and 2000 lbs would take a very special person to accomplish with regular 2 foot calf raises. Many many methods can be used. That's without jumping as well.
The fact is your body can use muscle antagonists to create resistance too so if you train your shins well enough you can give your calves resistance.

https://anatomy.elpaso.ttuhsc.edu/anatomytables/muscles_lowerlimb.html

If you guys want to be a calflete tune in.
If you look at this anatomy breakdown you can find multiple calf muscles attaching to the fibula. This suggests strength potential is severely limited by its atrophied withered form. With bone strengthening and thickening you can get some extra power and strength.
Going from forefoot to toe point or points is a must. The muscle groups split big toe and 4 toes. Some of these attach to the fibula and this means the limit is on bone strength for going to toe point.
It makes sense to train toe point because these muscles often attach to the fibula and the need to balance requires cross-bracing with muscles attached to both bones. The mind-body connection from balancing and training each unique muscle should improve progression of strength of course.
If your shins are weak you can't balance the development or progress in bone strength and you can't provide antagonist training to the calves. One can't develop the mind-body connection properly without training shins either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back