Help with my routine (strength / mobility exercises)

https://anatomy.elpaso.ttuhsc.edu/anatomytables/muscles_lowerlimb.html

If you guys want to be a calflete tune in.
If you look at this anatomy breakdown you can find multiple calf muscles attaching to the fibula. This suggests strength potential is severely limited by its atrophied withered form. With bone strengthening and thickening you can get some extra power and strength.
Going from forefoot to toe point or points is a must. The muscle groups split big toe and 4 toes. Some of these attach to the fibula and this means the limit is on bone strength for going to toe point.
It makes sense to train toe point because these muscles often attach to the fibula and the need to balance requires cross-bracing with muscles attached to both bones. The mind-body connection from balancing and training each unique muscle should improve progression of strength of course.
If your shins are weak you can't balance the development or progress in bone strength and you can't provide antagonist training to the calves. One can't develop the mind-body connection properly without training shins either.

This is all incoherent nonsense broski, it's tough to tell what you're talking about 90% of the time. It literally looks like the ramblings of a madman.

"The limit is on bone strength for going to toe point" "One can't develop the mind-body connection properly without training shins." = The eggplant will salute other pigeons.

Why has this thread turned into a calves and fibulas discussion again?

This is all incoherent nonsense broski, it's tough to tell what you're talking about 90% of the time. It literally looks like the ramblings of a madman.

"The limit is on bone strength for going to toe point" "One can't develop the mind-body connection properly without training shins." = The eggplant will salute other pigeons.

Why has this thread turned into a calves and fibulas discussion again?

I think we need Tidwell to come in here and deliver some real science to set the record straight.

Basically you'd get each muscle to push 100 lbs and then add it all up, though there'd be some asymmetry in strength.
Did you come up with this in a dream or something?
Which muscles are you including in your arithmetic to reach 1,500 lbs plantar flexion?

The fact is your body can use muscle antagonists to create resistance too so if you train your shins well enough you can give your calves resistance.
BS. Tibialis anterior strength is insignificant compared to the muscles involved in plantar flexion. You cannot strengthen them enough to provide a reasonable resistance.

I think we need Tidwell to come in here and deliver some real science to set the record straight.

That dude took your comments literally and seriously. My man is actually out there thinking his asshole might prolapse and turn the rest of his body inside out if he takes creatine for too long <{anton}> This place is priceless sometimes.

Did you come up with this in a dream or something?
Which muscles are you including in your arithmetic to reach 1,500 lbs plantar flexion?

BS. Tibialis anterior strength is insignificant compared to the muscles involved in plantar flexion. You cannot strengthen them enough to provide a reasonable resistance.
It's weak because it's unused. It can be trained to a high degree and would balance bone and muscle development. The microfractures that lead to bone growth are like a wave distribution (balanced out) while those that lead to deterioration are like a stone breaking, with fault lines. If you work both sides you can increase the dynamic tension in the bone and thus create a more wave like distribution and development.
If you turn your shins from 80 lbs total to 200 lbs total you have a good deal more resistance man don't trivialize.
How do wrist curls start? 20 lbs each? How high can people go? 80 lbs? 100 lbs? Steve Justa has a friend that would do 200 lb barbell curls for his wrists for reps. You can doubt the guy but how about this anecdote: many weight lifters deadlifting 400+ lbs have poor grip strength. They use wrist straps. Even if they don't need them for 400 lbs they often can't close grippers requiring 100+ lbs. Why is this? Because it's fucking complicated haha! I have frequented a gripboard in the past, they usually rate something 160 lbs but they're ~100 lbs to close. So the Ironmind CoC 1.5 requires 100 lbs to close and most weightlifters CANNOT close that. Many can reach parallel but can't close it. Most big weightlifters have trouble closing something requiring 85 lbs to close. Grip enthusiasts have walked around, let friends try out the CoC 1 and 1.5 and Trainer and this is their experience. This is their experience of big # powerlifters, office workers, loggers, et cetera. Those that have to pick up and SWING things tend to have a stronger grip though.
My point? You think your 40 lb x2 wrist curl is good but it's crap. CoC 4 requires about 200 lbs to close. 100 lbs each hand is possible. Steve Justa's friend was doing maybe 80 - 100 lbs in wrist extension (total) I forget the exact number.
  1. Powerlifting does not translate to the ends of one's limbs.
  2. Specificity, BUT, YOU CANNOT DEVELOP YOUR MUSCLES WITHOUT DEVELOPING THE ANTAGONISTS.
  3. If you do not put in hours of work on the ends of limbs they will not develop properly. They are complicated structures requiring tons of work in many different ways.
These are the rules!

It's weak because it's unused. It can be trained to a high degree and would balance bone and muscle development. The microfractures that lead to bone growth are like a wave distribution (balanced out) while those that lead to deterioration are like a stone breaking, with fault lines. If you work both sides you can increase the dynamic tension in the bone and thus create a more wave like distribution and development.
If you turn your shins from 80 lbs total to 200 lbs total you have a good deal more resistance man don't trivialize.
How do wrist curls start? 20 lbs each? How high can people go? 80 lbs? 100 lbs? Steve Justa has a friend that would do 200 lb barbell curls for his wrists for reps. You can doubt the guy but how about this anecdote: many weight lifters deadlifting 400+ lbs have poor grip strength. They use wrist straps. Even if they don't need them for 400 lbs they often can't close grippers requiring 100+ lbs. Why is this? Because it's fucking complicated haha! I have frequented a gripboard in the past, they usually rate something 160 lbs but they're ~100 lbs to close. So the Ironmind CoC 1.5 requires 100 lbs to close and most weightlifters CANNOT close that. Many can reach parallel but can't close it. Most big weightlifters have trouble closing something requiring 85 lbs to close. Grip enthusiasts have walked around, let friends try out the CoC 1 and 1.5 and Trainer and this is their experience. This is their experience of big # powerlifters, office workers, loggers, et cetera. Those that have to pick up and SWING things tend to have a stronger grip though.
My point? You think your 40 lb x2 wrist curl is good but it's crap. CoC 4 requires about 200 lbs to close. 100 lbs each hand is possible. Steve Justa's friend was doing maybe 80 - 100 lbs in wrist extension (total) I forget the exact number.
  2. Specificity, BUT, YOU CANNOT DEVELOP YOUR MUSCLES WITHOUT DEVELOPING THE ANTAGONISTS.
  3. If you do not put in hours of work on the ends of limbs they will not develop properly. They are complicated structures requiring tons of work in many different ways.
These are the rules!

So if I beef up my palmar interosseous muscles will my bench will shoot up to 400lbs even with out the 1000 pushups?

As for the numbers game when I mention getting each muscle to 100 lbs: It's just a throwaway number but working each muscle individually to a high level is NECESSARY. If you don't go for specificity in calf muscle development you will only develop the gastroc and soleus. Finding a way to hit the 7? muscles in the calf is required.

The exercise I propose is such: laying down on your navel, hold a DB in between your feet behind you and curl it. It's like a wrist curl but your foot. The burn is unique.

Everyone talks about the issue of muscle imbalance and how it hurts progress but what about muscle imbalance in the lower legs and forearms? In the hands and feet? How could that hurt progress? None of you would know, would you? Why does strength increase on powerlifts with a mouth guard to bite hard on and gripping the bar hard as possible and flexing the calves and hard as you can?

If you don't know but you recognize the unexplained phenomenon, maybe training calves and forearms, feet and hands diligently will lead to greater power or easier progress in the rest of the body?

And please tell me none of you believe rounded back deadlifts are bad [with lighter weight] or have no use?

These are the rules!
Jeezus man what are you talking about?

You said
The fact is your body can use muscle antagonists to create resistance too so if you train your shins well enough you can give your calves resistance.

I assume you mean that if you strengthen your tibialis anterior, you can use the strength of that muscle to provide resistance when doing plantar flexion? My point was dorsi flexion is weak, no matter how diligent you train it. I'm not saying you shouldn't train dorsi flexion, but you will never build up strength to a degree in which you could use it as resistance in strength training plantar flexion. It's impossible.

This argument doesn't necessarily go back to the 1000 push ups argument even. If you do a box jump but resist it with your shins what happens? If 80 lbs becomes 200 lbs what happens? Simple as that man.

This argument doesn't necessarily go back to the 1000 push ups argument even. If you do a box jump but resist it with your shins what happens? If 80 lbs becomes 200 lbs what happens? Simple as that man.
What on earth

How the hell are you going to resist a box jump with your shins? Box jumps are very low impact on the ankle and most of your power comes from your hips, shoulders, knees (probably in that order). You’re messing with me.

What on earth

How the hell are you going to resist a box jump with your shins? Box jumps are very low impact on the ankle and most of your power comes from your hips, shoulders, knees (probably in that order). You’re messing with me.
Well jump rope works but it depends on how you do them honestly. If you want to make it calf dominant you just set up a 6 inch step or box and go for it. Call it a Box Hop?

Well jump rope works but it depends on how you do them honestly. If you want to make it calf dominant you just set up a 6 inch step or box and go for it. Call it a Box Hop?

So you lockout your hips and knees and don't swing your arms.
Hop up and down on a 6" box using only your ankles.
And fire your tibialis anteriors the entire time with 120 lbs of force?

Back