News Henry Cejudo turned 37 years old today

Who is going to win?

• Total voters
37 years old at the lower weightclasses is ancient, especially with the lack of activity Triple-C has had. I'm sure he's been training, but that's not a legit substitute for competing.

Shoutout to Frankie Edgar that did it all the way up to 40 years of age, but his physical prime was around 35 and it was a steep slope downward. In his final fights he wasn't even ranked in the Top #15.

I say that with no disrespect, there's few fighters I respect more than 'The Answer' but facts are facts.

If I was a betting man, I'd automatically assume his opponent is significantly younger, on a long win streak, and very few defeats on his record.... and I'd bet heavily on him.

Where did I imply or say anything like that? All I did was correct you on a fact
I responded to "I haven't seen evidence he still has it as a fighter". I assume we weren't talking about losses before he was champ as evidence of decline.

Rooting for triple C, but I'm not feeling confident about his chances. It's a really intriguing match up though. I'm really curious to how a guy like Cejudo will try to deal with Merabs relentless TD attempts and superb cardio.

Will Merab try to takedown Cejudo? Hmmm!

same as Chandler
who is waiting for the last 2 years

Good call!
Now I remember thinking that they were trying to boost CCC since he was relatively new blood.
Thanks!
I only remember because I saw the Sergio fight live & it was the worst fight on the (great) card.

The JoeB fight was a FOTY contender or winner even if I remember correctly.

I wish I turned 37 this year. It’s insane to see that if you get an average life span you only got 20 years left to argue with Sherbros.
<Hendricks02>
Sometimes reading this forum makes you wish it was a lot less than that 20

<28>

I was surprised that I’m actually younger than Triple C. Just a little bit, but still!

Reactions: Yep
It's so much harder for the manlet divisions to compete as they age for some reason. I don't particularly like Henry, but I hope for his sake he's still competitive.
Speed decreases
It's so much harder for the manlet divisions to compete as they age for some reason. I don't particularly like Henry, but I hope for his sake he's still competitive.
slower, worse reaction time, can’t rely on power like the bigger guys can

Back