Hillbilly wrasslin'

How long did you train TKD? Did you do any Muay Thai afterwards?

keep your lead hand tighter to your head,

Isn't that what usually happens when you kick after a long time off? I noticed I did that myself when I brought home a boxing bag and kicked it. Never did it in the club

Isn't that what usually happens when you kick after a long time off? I noticed I did that myself when I brought home a boxing bag and kicked it. Never did it in the club
That's on you then, it's a degradation of technique. A similar question could be saying after a long time off you throw punches with your chin held up high. It's not something to aim for

That's on you then, it's a degradation of technique. A similar question could be saying after a long time off you throw punches with your chin held up high. It's not something to aim for

Some Thai fighters have a very quirky push and pull with their hands while kicking.

who cares about technique ,its all about power

2B8AoVQ.gif

Just a tkd thing. They tend to wave the arms about a bit.

Your right. I never actually refined good hand/arm positioning when kicking, as I never had proper coaching, it was actually a thread by @shincheckin that made me aware how important arm positioning is on a good kick.

How long did you train TKD? Did you do any Muay Thai afterwards?
A couple of years, only got as high as green belt but I used to do well in tournaments. I have only ever done a couple of lessons of Thai boxing, but me and the mates did a lot of full contact kickboxing/mma training when I used to have a club back in the day.

The reason I made reference to the tkd training was I though you might notice a difference in the hip rotation to a "classic" kickboxer.

I did notice but since you did low kicks I wondered. It looked pretty solid. As for the boxing, I can see why Marciano is one of your favorites. There is some similiarity there. Good power.

I did notice but since you did low kicks I wondered. It looked pretty solid. As for the boxing, I can see why Marciano is one of your favorites. There is some similiarity there. Good power.
Marciano is a fist fighting good. A man that size being the heavyweight champ, says a lot.

Everyone works on different things so not sure what your looking for ,I would say don’t smother your own work if you’re tall mix up short and long distance shots and train certain days with using those low kicks and a high guard ,it’s why kick boxers have more holes defensively against pure boxers mix the two styles if you aren’t so you aren’t doing one without the other in spots ,in this video I’m just working on power after a 2 hr work out training southpaw bc of a fractured left put still throwing the heat with 16 oz gloves on .

Everyone’s a critic or detractor without knowledge of what an uploader did before the upload and is an expert but here’s my brief one from 2018 .

@sweetviolenturg

@eternaldarkness

Everyone works on different things so not sure what your looking for ,I would say don’t smother your own work if you’re tall mix up short and long distance shots and train certain days with using those low kicks and a high guard ,it’s why kick boxers have more holes defensively against pure boxers mix the two styles if you aren’t so you aren’t doing one without the other in spots ,in this video I’m just working on power after a 2 hr work out training southpaw bc of a fractured left put still throwing the heat with 16 oz gloves on .

Everyone’s a critic or detractor without knowledge of what an uploader did before the upload and is an expert but here’s my brief one from 2018 .

@sweetviolenturg

@eternaldarkness

I like your hooks but your straights/cross are very suspect. You lean into them rather than thrust, even if it's an injured hand.

I like your hooks but your straights/cross are very suspect. You lean into them rather than thrust, even if it's an injured hand.
Well I didn’t display any straight shots what your looking at is a southpaw lead right on the other side ,and believe me if you rub into one it’s good nite .....even with a hand I couldn’t even close ,leaning into a left off the right side is how you generate maximum power ,the shot lands faster there is no other way to put more power for that punch.....see Ortiz .

Well I didn’t display any straight shots what your looking at is a southpaw lead right on the other side ,and believe me if you rub into one it’s good nite .....even with a hand I couldn’t even close ,leaning into a left off the right side is how you generate maximum power ,the shot lands faster there is no other way to put more power for that punch.....see Ortiz .

You will never achieve the same force with a push as a thrust, and it lies in the laws of acceleraton. The weight/transfer remains the same either way:

https://www.quora.com/Why-should-you-whip-your-punches-instead-of-push-your-punches

You will never achieve the same force with a push as a thrust, and it lies in the laws of acceleraton. The weight/transfer remains the same either way:

https://www.quora.com/Why-should-you-whip-your-punches-instead-of-push-your-punches
If you think I’m pushing a punch you obviously don’t know what your looking at , pushing a punch wouldn’t generate the sound I did and ona Muay Thai bag tied with 4 chains slightly elevated which is as dead weight as you can get .

What you posted was jibberish nothing more but I’m not here to candy coat anything ,you want to really talk what constitutes power with me you picked the right guy or wrong if trolling is your agenda ,either way my punches all have snap on them there’s not one point I’m pushing a bag ,cert you don’t break 150 pound bags from pushing with right ? Lol

Weight transfer is not the same whatever your talking about ,the side you hit with gets more power from the core driving into the target so saying what you did tells me you don’t know what your talking about here ,even in a uppercut you have to shift your weight at an angle to achieve maximum torque ,there is no even distribution in any punch ,except a jab which also however requires certain timing combined with stepping forward to generate the most power .

Last edited:
If you think I’m pushing a punch you obviously don’t know what your looking at , pushing a punch wouldn’t generate the sound I did and ona Muay Thai bag tied with 4 chains slightly elevated which is as dead weight as you can get .

What you posted was jibberish nothing more but I’m not here to candy coat anything ,you want to really talk what constitutes power with me you picked the right guy or wrong if trolling is your agenda ,either way my punches all have snap on them there’s not one point I’m pushing a bag ,cert you don’t break 150 pound bags from pushing with right ? Lol

Weight transfer is not the same whatever your talking about ,the side you hit with gets more power from the core driving into the target so saying what you did tells me you don’t know what your talking about here ,even in a uppercut you have to shift your weight at an angle to achieve maximum torque ,there is no even distribution in any punch ,except a jab which also however requires certain timing combined with stepping forward to generate the most power .

Anyway, I was talking about the other hand. Your healthy hand looks awesome.

Back