@Gold
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting one.

Anybody here tried one before?
Some booty for your time!

dopeness-gifs-lol-63.gif

Last edited:
Any particulars?
Pros/cons, relative to other subcompacts you've handled?
some folks dont like where the magazine release is located. ive been using HK style firearms long enough that it dont bother me none but it IS a concern. Recoil is snappy, which is to be expected from a subcompact, and noise is no joke from it. The ambi-slide release lever on the right side of the frame is plastic, so i feel a lefty will probably break the thing through extended use. The standard position release is still steel as god intended.

The cocking indicator is worthless after about 1000 rounds though. Carbon build up on the little nub blacks the red dot out, and when you clean it, the red paint comes off. easy to fix with nail polish but still.

The default magazines rob you. The finger extensions it comes with dont add extra rounds even though they COULD. the 2 round finger extensions of the same dimension cost like 40 bucks. lol. fucking HK.

Thats the bad things i didnt care for or things you need to be aware of. Stuff i like? Its accurate, handles every ammo i fed it. its easy to clean and can be dissassembled without pulling the trigger. the night sights on mine are super clear and bright, it the removable grip panels give you a nice snug custom fit

Aren't there a few States now that restrict round count over 10rnds?

I can't name any offhand, but I get the feeling there are and may be more as time goes by. Anyway 10rnds feels like a selling point for me, not too low not too high. good enough.

How's the grip? Looking at it, and feeling one in Academy gave me the impression it's good enough to clamp onto it good enough to hold through the inherent muzzle whip. The P7 they made back in the day was snappy, but I liked it. Wish I hadn't sold it. One of the included mags comes with the Plastic finger extender? To me buying a knubby sub compact and immediately adding extended mags defeats the purpose, given there are full sized gripped guns out there.

It appears to be a subcompact that with minimal work should be able to shoot accurately, maybe compared to some of the other ones.

the mag lever doesn't strike me as being an issue.

For a time I considered going cheap like a Taurus, etc, but then I thought, fuck might as well get something more quality in the event you have to rely on it. That, and having owned HKs in the 80s I wouldn't mind having another. The VP9SK fits a current niche. Besides, what's another $530 bucks....

How's the trigger?

i got the Law Enforcement model so it came with night sights and 3 mags, 1 flush fit, and 2 with the finger extensions. The extensions add contour but not much length overall. i see your point about mag restrict states though.

Have a few coworkers who carry it as an off duty. They have nothing bad to say about it.

Never shot one so I can't say personally.

i got the Law Enforcement model so it came with night sights and 3 mags, 1 flush fit, and 2 with the finger extensions. The extensions add contour but not much length overall. i see your point about mag restrict states though.

Ever notice any big point of impact swings (relative to aiming point ) going from 115 to 120 124 to 146s?

Last edited:
Ordered.

We'll see.

Thanks for input.

Is this your one gun you’re going to own? If so I wouldn’t recommend the sub compact. Just get the standard VP9, or any of the other quality Glock 19 copies on the market. They’re all pretty reliable.

Is this your one gun you’re going to own? If so I wouldn’t recommend the sub compact. Just get the standard VP9, or any of the other quality Glock 19 copies on the market. They’re all pretty reliable.
the vpsk IS a glock 19 'clone'. They are almost the same size. The glock 19 is slightly longer by way of having a 4 inch barrel instead of the VP9sk's 3.39 in. But as far as height and width goes, they are extremely close.

HK's version of subcompact is between Glocks subcompact and compact size frames. The SK is slightly larger in all dimensions than a G26, while being slightly smaller than a Glock compact size like the 19. big reason as to why i bought one. i thought the 26 was WAY too small, and the 19 was a good size for everyday carry. Getting a gun just slightly more compact than the 19 was tits for me. especially if it came with a better trigger right out the box.

the vpsk IS a glock 19 'clone'. They are almost the same size. The glock 19 is slightly longer by way of having a 4 inch barrel instead of the VP9sk's 3.39 in. But as far as height and width goes, they are extremely close.

HK's version of subcompact is between Glocks subcompact and compact size frames. The SK is slightly larger in all dimensions than a G26, while being slightly smaller than a Glock compact size like the 19. big reason as to why i bought one. i thought the 26 was WAY too small, and the 19 was a good size for everyday carry. Getting a gun just slightly more compact than the 19 was tits for me. especially if it came with a better trigger right out the box.
If it’s your one gun though, why is going smaller than a 19 a benefit to you?

If it’s your one gun though, why is going smaller than a 19 a benefit to you?
cause....its only barely smaller and is a better gun overall?
The VP9sk will conceal easier because its a smaller gun with flush mags.
Since the VP9sk is still almost the same size as a 19, you still get the benefits of the 19 (basically mag capacity) by just using regular VP9 mags.
VP9sk has a better trigger, and by default better sights.
VP9sk fits a larger variety of hand sizes.

The real question is, why choose the 19, when the VP9sk can do everything the 19 can, and a few things it cant?

I have several Full size 45Acps.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-compgun-thread.3827579/#post-144736765

This will be my niche gun, for traveling through States afraid of too much round capacity. It's kinda small, just not too small. (what she said)

cause....its only barely smaller and is a better gun overall?
The VP9sk will conceal easier because its a smaller gun with flush mags.
Since the VP9sk is still almost the same size as a 19, you still get the benefits of the 19 (basically mag capacity) by just using regular VP9 mags.
VP9sk has a better trigger, and by default better sights.
VP9sk fits a larger variety of hand sizes.

The real question is, why choose the 19, when the VP9sk can do everything the 19 can, and a few things it cant?
I wasn’t at all trying to say I don’t think it’s a good gun, obviously HK has a reputation of reliability. I just thought it was an uncommon choice if it’s the OPs only firearm, but it sounds like it is not.

Although I don’t quite think “the real question” is why choose the 19. While I’m sure the VP9sk is a great gun and some people love it, I don’t see how it has any real advantages over the rest of the polymer striker fired market, especially given the slightly inflated cost. It’s barely smaller than a Glock 19, but significantly larger than a Glock 26. Yet in its smallest format with the flush mag, it has the same capacity as a 26 and is 5 rounds short of the 19. If it were me, I’d prefer +5 capacity at the cost of a marginal size increase, as the 19 is already very concealable and the VP9sk is not really more concealable.

Tip the hat to HK ergonomics, but that’s about it. Maybe if I felt like the gun fit my hand like a glove I’d have changed my mind, but I wasn’t blown away holding one.

The VP9 feels great when handling on my couch, but if I need to hit a target I'd pick up the CZ P10-C.

The VP9 feels great when handling on my couch, but if I need to hit a target I'd pick up the CZ P10-C.
That’s actually the route I went. Picked up a FDE P10c shortly after they first came out. I think it maybe has the best striker fired trigger out of the box. I’m probably switching it out to an HBI trigger shortly.

Attachments

• 3CDD5F62-D47C-4832-AC7E-ECA1B0CA51D0.jpeg
    3CDD5F62-D47C-4832-AC7E-ECA1B0CA51D0.jpeg
    442.3 KB · Views: 6
Back