Hogan's behavior at Royal Rumble 92.

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For starters he threw a huge tantrum after being fairly eliminated by Sid. Then in the most cowardly of moves he grabbed Sids arm helping mega heel Ric Flair win the Rumble.
IKx0FAF.gif

If that wasn't bad enough, Hogan then storms the ring right as Ric's music is playing and clears him out stealing his spotlight. So Hogan and Sid argue in the ring, the crowd is popping for Sid more than Hogan and then finally we go to Ric Flair who cuts a monster promo and gets the last laugh.

Why was Hogan acting like such a punk?

For starters he threw a huge tantrum after being fairly eliminated by Sid. Then in the most cowardly of moves he grabbed Sids arm helping mega heel Ric Flair win the Rumble.
IKx0FAF.gif

If that wasn't bad enough, Hogan then storms the ring right as Ric's music is playing and clears him out stealing his spotlight. So Hogan and Sid argue in the ring, the crowd is popping for Sid more than Hogan and then finally we go to Ric Flair who cuts a monster promo and gets the last laugh.

I guess to set up a Hogan vs. Sid feud but the crowd wasn't having it. Same thing happened when Sid turned on Shawn Michaels...the crowded popped for Sid big time, but that wasn't the plan.

Are you surprised? Even when Hogan was a good guy he would rake people's fucking backs and gouge their eyes.

Hogan always had heel tendencies lol ....he used to atomic drop sherri on the regular

Hogan was the epitome of 80s greed.....and when he didn't get his way he'd cheat.

I think the spot was booked wrong. Sid comes off as opportunistic but not heelish.

Hogan should have been just about to eliminate Flair when Sid turns him around, punches him, choke-slams Hogan causing him to have one of his many in-ring seizure sell jobs. Then Sid grabs Hogan and throws him out the ring. Then he flips out and eliminates himself and goes on beating the shit out of Hogan, flipping the stretcher over as Hogan is belted in.

Sid has monster heat now. Flair's Rumble win is even more jaded and Macho Man gets even more fan fare for going after Nature Boy and now the DOUBLE MAIN-EVENT has some meat to it!

But then we don't get this......

Even 11 year old Thrawn called bullshit on that one, sore losing is not part of Training, Prayers and Vitamins.

We saw the real Hulk Hogan come out in 96 brothers. He was always Hollywood Hogan inside, but he would only show glimpses throughout the years until it finally boiled over.

Him spending all of 1989 burying Randy Savage, his tantrum in the 92 Rumble, stealing Bret Hart's spotlight at Wrestlemania IX, getting embroiled in the steroid scandal, quitting on all of his Hulkamaniacs to go Hollywood and star in a TV show, coming to WCW and burying all of their talent. Finally the WCW fans saw through it and started to boo him so he showed his true colors.

list-this-legends-of-the-fall-no-1-hulk-hogan-nwo-youtube.png

We saw the real Hulk Hogan come out in 96 brothers. He was always Hollywood Hogan inside, but he would only show glimpses throughout the years until it finally boiled over.

Him spending all of 1989 burying Randy Savage, his tantrum in the 92 Rumble, stealing Bret Hart's spotlight at Wrestlemania IX, getting embroiled in the steroid scandal, quitting on all of his Hulkamaniacs to go Hollywood and star in a TV show, coming to WCW and burying all of their talent. Finally the WCW fans saw through it and started to boo him so he showed his true colors.

list-this-legends-of-the-fall-no-1-hulk-hogan-nwo-youtube.png

So basically .... Fuck Hogan with a 1000 BubbaDicks while Foot cries in the corner?

Every should have been listening to Heenan the whole time.

tenor.gif

I think the spot was booked wrong. Sid comes off as opportunistic but not heelish.

Hogan should have been just about to eliminate Flair when Sid turns him around, punches him, choke-slams Hogan causing him to have one of his many in-ring seizure sell jobs. Then Sid grabs Hogan and throws him out the ring. Then he flips out and eliminates himself and goes on beating the shit out of Hogan, flipping the stretcher over as Hogan is belted in.

Sid has monster heat now. Flair's Rumble win is even more jaded and Macho Man gets even more fan fare for going after Nature Boy and now the DOUBLE MAIN-EVENT has some meat to it!

But then we don't get this......

As much as Sid gets mocked for some of his botches and stuff and various altercations with other wrestlers...he had the look and mic skills to be the top guy back then. I liked his intense promos back in the day:

As much as Sid gets mocked for some of his botches and stuff and various altercations with other wrestlers...he had the look and mic skills to be the top guy back then. I liked his intense promos back in the day:

tumblr_nkssl0S9xV1u2ragso1_500.gifv

It's weird how Sid was first promoted as a big babyface.

Dude was over like rover wherever he went (even in ECW).

IKx0FAF.gif

Sid shoots on what went down here:

It's weird how Sid was first promoted as a big babyface.

There was a period circa 1996, albeit short, where he was probably the most over WWE star since Hogan I seem to recall. Think it was of those Austin/Bryan like scenario where it kinda shocked the company and they didn't know what to do with it.

There was a period circa 1996, albeit short, where he was probably the most over WWE star since Hogan I seem to recall. Think it was of those Austin/Bryan like scenario where it kinda shocked the company and they didn't know what to do with it.

I can't remember exactly what happened. I remember there being stories that Hogan didn't like that Sid was so over, and was surprised he looked like an asshole and the fans boo'd him, when he helped get Sid eliminated(don't know why, as it was quite the bitchy heel move). Story goes they turned Sid heel, because he was stealing Hogan's thunder, but I'm sure how true it is.

When I first saw Sid.....was like <mma4>

Then I saw him throw a punch that looked like a kids first fist fight and promptly went.....<{ByeHomer}>

Back