Hogan's behavior at Royal Rumble 92.

Hogan always had heel tendencies lol ....he used to atomic drop sherri on the regular
I would have LOVED to atomic drop on Sherri. She turned me the hell on, even as a young boy!

The kayfabe reason was the Sid and Hogan had a deal. Hogan was pantomiming this after he got tossed out. They booked it wrong. The announcers never drove home any kind of deal, and Sid was well within his rights to do what he did. It's odd that the bookers wouldn't have seen the crowd reaction coming. When they replayed it on tv, they screwed around with the sound to make it look like Sid was getting booed for it.

pwc9Y9X.gif

@RollSonnenRoll

Really wishes I was closer to my cousins that live near you during that time. Such a missed opportunity that I'll always regret not seeing
I was lucky enough for a pre-NWO Nitro and NWO Nitro

We saw the real Hulk Hogan come out in 96 brothers. He was always Hollywood Hogan inside, but he would only show glimpses throughout the years until it finally boiled over.

Him spending all of 1989 burying Randy Savage, his tantrum in the 92 Rumble, stealing Bret Hart's spotlight at Wrestlemania IX, getting embroiled in the steroid scandal, quitting on all of his Hulkamaniacs to go Hollywood and star in a TV show, coming to WCW and burying all of their talent. Finally the WCW fans saw through it and started to boo him so he showed his true colors.

list-this-legends-of-the-fall-no-1-hulk-hogan-nwo-youtube.png
Biggest face in the industry then over a decade later, becomes the biggest heel in the industry.

GOAT shit.

He got betrayed by his friend

wwe didn’t expect ppl to turn on hogan though.

some crowds just act differently

like Toronto crowd during rock vs Hogan match

Hogan's a Racist Old man

let's just leave Him with Brooke alright

jennifer-mcdaniel-hulk-hogan-kiss.jpg

For starters he threw a huge tantrum after being fairly eliminated by Sid. Then in the most cowardly of moves he grabbed Sids arm helping mega heel Ric Flair win the Rumble.
IKx0FAF.gif

If that wasn't bad enough, Hogan then storms the ring right as Ric's music is playing and clears him out stealing his spotlight. So Hogan and Sid argue in the ring, the crowd is popping for Sid more than Hogan and then finally we go to Ric Flair who cuts a monster promo and gets the last laugh.

Why was Hogan acting like such a punk?
I remember watching this on PPV at my friend’s house. His grandma was a wrestling fan and she ordered all the major PPV’s. Her reaction was pretty funny. She just shook her head and tells us “you all know this is fake right because Hulk Hogan would never cheat”.

I don't think Hogan has ever let anyone just have their moment. Even when he puts them over.

Hogan's in my top 5 greatest pro-wrestlers ever yet he has a mountain size ego in him. It's also known Hogan was as big of a backstage politician as there was.

It worked very well, people booed Hogan and this did create a good hype for their match.
Hogan start to seems less a non multidimensional character and this was good to.

For starters he threw a huge tantrum after being fairly eliminated by Sid. Then in the most cowardly of moves he grabbed Sids arm helping mega heel Ric Flair win the Rumble.
IKx0FAF.gif

If that wasn't bad enough, Hogan then storms the ring right as Ric's music is playing and clears him out stealing his spotlight. So Hogan and Sid argue in the ring, the crowd is popping for Sid more than Hogan and then finally we go to Ric Flair who cuts a monster promo and gets the last laugh.

Why was Hogan acting like such a punk?
Hogan Must Pose,bud.

Sid was the man and has always been over, wherever he went.

Hogan blew up at Vince backstage about how vince purposefully booked the match ending like that so that Hogan would get booed. Reality was the crowd popped for Sid more and Hogan was already losing popularity

Sid was the man and has always been over, wherever he went.

Hogan blew up at Vince backstage about how vince purposefully booked the match ending like that so that Hogan would get booed. Reality was the crowd popped for Sid more and Hogan was already losing popularity
Where did you hear about hogan blowing up? to me it seemed like he was just booked that way alot. He was always stealing peoples thunder. I mean,macho man of course cant get the win without HOGAN having to help him,and then there was the match where macho man used the flying elbow to WAKE hogan up from unconciousness.

Way to bury randy's move.

Anyway hogan was always booked to hog the spotlight. So i dont see how he would care at all about eliminating sid in that way. Yes some fans didnt like it,but thats how they did shit.

Back