Multiplatform Hollow Knight: Silksong (Release: TBD)

Rate your interest in a follow-up to Hollow Knight

• Total voters
Jo, if constant steps-retracing doesn't vibe with you, I unfortunately would not recommend HK. It's...a lot, mate, particularly owing to design choices of world discovery and gated nav. I want you to play this but I know between family and work, your game time is dear.
I have a lot more time recently since WFH lol. Its funny I hate backtracking and doing things again and again and yet the souls series is one of my favourites sub genres to play. Souls games are basically 3D metroidvanias and I know HK is one. I have Greedfall and Days Gone in my backlog that you recommended that Ill play after Cyberpunk [Im thinking Greedfall over Days Gone first since its an RPG], do you think its on those games level?

This game is free on PS Plus, but I feel like its perfect on a switch. I like platformers on a handheld. If yall recommend it strongly, Ill get it on there. I usually play 1 game at a time, but I might play this simultaneous with Cyberpunk.

Im not a big platformer guy but I like games that are a little challenging with excellent gameplay. Dont like repetition and annoyed by constant backtracking ie Hades which was a strong game early on but I thought it was slightly above average by the end. Maybe a 7/1O but I feel like itll get a lot of love from the GOTYs. Would anyone still recommend the game?
Well it's a metroidvania so there is a lot of backtracking for picks ups you need a new power for and stuff like that. It's also a HUGE game for the genre. SoTN is like a 10-12 hour game this is more like 30-40 hours. Also if you are playing in handheld mode make sure you have the sound up. The music really makes the atmosphere.

I have a lot more time recently since WFH lol. Its funny I hate backtracking and doing things again and again and yet the souls series is one of my favourites sub genres to play. Souls games are basically 3D metroidvanias and I know HK is one. I have Greedfall and Days Gone in my backlog that you recommended that Ill play after Cyberpunk [Im thinking Greedfall over Days Gone first since its an RPG], do you think its on those games level?

Not sure of Greedfall or Days Gone but this game is magnificient.

Yes lots of backtracking but that's because half of the time you're lost trying to figure out this giant metroidvania puzzle. Each new area you enter you are going in blind (until you find the map dude and buy the map in that area), the save points are very far from each other so there is a sense of dread and fear from venturing in too far in and losing all your progress (money I think). I've cussed out at this game multiple times. It's tough as they come too but in a very rewarding way.

HK uploads and/or streams are being taken down of late re: music rights; they're trying to get to the bottom of it, says HK and HK: Silksong composer Christopher Larkin.

<EdgyBrah>

Expect more of the calibre in Silksong:

Well it's a metroidvania so there is a lot of backtracking for picks ups you need a new power for and stuff like that. It's also a HUGE game for the genre. SoTN is like a 10-12 hour game this is more like 30-40 hours. Also if you are playing in handheld mode make sure you have the sound up. The music really makes the atmosphere.
Not sure of Greedfall or Days Gone but this game is magnificient.

Yes lots of backtracking but that's because half of the time you're lost trying to figure out this giant metroidvania puzzle. Each new area you enter you are going in blind (until you find the map dude and buy the map in that area), the save points are very far from each other so there is a sense of dread and fear from venturing in too far in and losing all your progress (money I think). I've cussed out at this game multiple times. It's tough as they come too but in a very rewarding way.
You know what, fuck it. I'll pick it up on sale for the switch and if I dont fuck with it, I dont fuck with it. I curse out the Souls series every time I play them but I keep playing them. So lets goooo.

You know what, fuck it. I'll pick it up on sale for the switch and if I dont fuck with it, I dont fuck with it. I curse out the Souls series every time I play them but I keep playing them. So lets goooo.

play the original on PS4. It's free right now on PS+!!! If you like it then you should like this upcoming sequel.

play the original on PS4. It's free right now on PS+!!! If you like it then you should like this upcoming sequel.
I think Just Cause 4 kicked it from monthly queue the other day, actually.

Thats the thing I know but I like my platformers on a handheld. Otherwise I wont muster the energy to turn it on the PS5 for it lol. I know, irrational and illogical but thats how I like to play platformers.
Its on my PS plus though.

I think Just Cause 4 kicked it from monthly queue the other day, actually.

Ah too bad. I claim them all regardless of whether I play them or not. Just in case you know. I pay a yearly fee for these freebies.

Can't wait for this! Thinking of replaying hollow knight before it comes out but Hades is out soon on consoles and no way I'll be able to put off playing that, been waiting too long for it.

Can't wait for this! Thinking of replaying hollow knight before it comes out but Hades is out soon on consoles and no way I'll be able to put off playing that, been waiting too long for it.

A fellow console connoisseur! Put her there friend!

This game is free on PS Plus, but I feel like its perfect on a switch. I like platformers on a handheld. If yall recommend it strongly, Ill get it on there. I usually play 1 game at a time, but I might play this simultaneous with Cyberpunk.

Im not a big platformer guy but I like games that are a little challenging with excellent gameplay. Dont like repetition and annoyed by constant backtracking ie Hades which was a strong game early on but I thought it was slightly above average by the end. Maybe a 7/1O but I feel like itll get a lot of love from the GOTYs. Would anyone still recommend the game?
If only I knew sooner lol.

Ended up being better than every damn game Ive played since this post.

If only I knew sooner lol.

Ended up being better than every damn game Ive played since this post.

The cool thing about you playing it now though is that you're so much closer to Hollow Knight Silksong than i was when i played it.

I'm so glad you like it man, i really am.

The cool thing about you playing it now though is that you're so much closer to Hollow Knight Silksong than i was when i played it.

I'm so glad you like it man, i really am.
Your post in the boss fight thread made me get the game asap lol, since you had Nier Automata in there. Now I need to put some time in for Nier in the future.

Glad I made the decision, honestly not been in a mood to game for a long while, and Kingdom Come brought it about but its so manual in everything that I needed something to kickback and be fully engrossed.

Your post in the boss fight thread made me get the game asap lol, since you had Nier Automata in there. Now I need to put some time in for Nier in the future.

Glad I made the decision, honestly not been in a mood to game for a long while, and Kingdom Come brought it about but its so manual in everything that I needed something to kickback and be fully engrossed.

Honestly, when i posted those i hoped someone random who hadn't played HK would see them and be intrigued. Even better that it was you!

According to my ps4 profile i haven't been online (to play a game) in 24 days so i know the feeling.

Honestly, when i posted those i hoped someone random who hadn't played HK would see them and be intrigued. Even better that it was you!

According to my ps4 profile i haven't been online (to play a game) in 24 days so i know the feeling.
Lol it would be months for me aswell. Demon Souls was too good but the PS5 is basically gathering dust.

Wait you haven't played Nier either?
Ive played like half of it, I didnt finis the first run and I know it has like 5 of them. '17 was a hectic year for me, and I didnt touch it since. Pre-ordered it off the back of the demo. The OST is still my favourite in any game, and I loved mostly everything. Ill go back for it to get the platinum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back