Hollow Knight Sucks A**

Took 3 weeks to beat Trial of the Fool but it's done. And turns out I didn't need to do it. Zote was in the first trial, warrior

I tried it for 5 minutes a few days ago. It's a weird game. I think I need to get a new controller. The jumping seems off. I am not sure where to go. There are no real directions. Am I suppose to jump in that well and just go randomly explore?

Last edited:
I tried it for 5 minutes a few days ago. It's a weird game. I think to get a new controller. The jumping seems off. I am not sure where to go. There are no real directions. Am I suppose to jump in that well and just go randomly explore?
Yes

There are no markers!!!! I am going to get lost!
You gotta listen for the map dude and buy them off him. You hear him humming when he's near. Then buy the compass so you know where you are on the map.

I tried it for 5 minutes a few days ago. It's a weird game. I think I need to get a new controller. The jumping seems off. I am not sure where to go. There are no real directions. Am I suppose to jump in that well and just go randomly explore?

The jumping might just feel a little tight at first. It's pinpoint accurate platforming, where you have total control in the air and can essentially turn on a dime. Might take a short while to get used to it.

Once you get going, you'll run into a map guy in each stage. It's not always ideal, since you go into all the areas blind, but you get a feel for the levels pretty quickly, and the maps aren't hard to acquire or anything. Just listen for the guy.

If you do get into it, it might take some time for it to truly click. Just keep plugging away. I think a lot of people have the same experience of getting about a quarter of the ways into it, and then putting it aside. There's a boss fight with these three Mantis guys, that I think is the "hump" players need to get over to really get going.

The jumping might just feel a little tight at first. It's pinpoint accurate platforming, where you have total control in the air and can essentially turn on a dime. Might take a short while to get used to it.

Once you get going, you'll run into a map guy in each stage. It's not always ideal, since you go into all the areas blind, but you get a feel for the levels pretty quickly, and the maps aren't hard to acquire or anything. Just listen for the guy.

If you do get into it, it might take some time for it to truly click. Just keep plugging away. I think a lot of people have the same experience of getting about a quarter of the ways into it, and then putting it aside. There's a boss fight with these three Mantis guys, that I think is the "hump" players need to get over to really get going.
I must be a unicorn, loved it from jump, 6h played in day one lol.

You gotta listen for the map dude and buy them off him. You hear him humming when he's near. Then buy the compass so you know where you are on the map.
Yea. It's probably on me then. I play podcast in the background and traditionally I played games without the sound. I think it started when I was a little kid and I didn't want to wake my parents up at night.

Yea. It's probably on me then. I play podcast in the background and traditionally I played games without the sound. I think it started when I was a little kid and I didn't want to wake my parents up at night.
They've got you covered there too. Don't have to hear the humming for the map dude. He leaves a trail of paper as well.

They've got you covered there too. Don't have to hear the humming for the map dude. He leaves a trail of paper as well.
I honestly didn't get far enough. I played for 5 minutes after I jumped into the well.

Pantheon 3 sucks. Mainly because of The Collector. Hate that fight. Relies on adds and the fact the boss doesn't give you soul when you hit it.

What a weird concept. I couldn't imagine playing a game at first with at least having the audio turned on. Sound design and soundtracks are a critical component of game design IMHO. Now if I've already played through a game and know what I'm getting into, then I will shut the music off and put on Spotify or a podcast but I always give the developers a full chance with their audio design.

@jojoRed have you done the Eternal Ordeal?
Nope, I was didnt care for tat type of content. I beat the Zote prince like 5 times before sayin naaaaa.

Too much inane content, but it was extra DLC after a lot of years.

Back