Holloway is going to lose to Volkanovski again

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Not only is he in denial about losing to Volkanovski, but also his fight to Dustin Poirier. Only he feels like he got robbed by the judges.

He's great but it also feels like he stagnated

I kinda agree.he didn’t have anything for him the first time.

Not only is he in denial about losing to Volkanovski, but also his fight to Dustin Poirier. Only he feels like he got robbed by the judges.

He's great but it also feels like he stagnated
There was nothing in that fight that suggested he just needed to come back in a few months to take another shot. He needs to add something to his game to beat this guy, imo. Is he really going to do that with an immediate rematch after believing he did enough to win, though?

{<diva}

Max changed his approach a lot after the Poirier fight. Likely due to the damage he received. After the Edgar fight he talked a lot about communicating with his doctors and being healthy for his son later on in his life. With that his style has become much safer. He doesn't really go for the kill, nor does he put on the high volume as for example in the Ortega fight. The old Max who went out there, pointed to the ground and made it a scrap is gone as it seems. Even his movement disappointed in the Volk fight. He's much more stationary and abandoned a lot of his techniques. Hardy any kicks, combinations going forward etc. Kinda sad as he's one of my favs but I get it. He has his son who depends on him and thats obv. more important than any title.

He hasn’t looked the same since the Porier fight, started fighting more tentatively.

He felt he won against Poirier???? Love Max but that's 48-47 Dustin at absolute worst and the 1st might've been 10-8. The only round Max clearly won was the 3rd. He got beat up badly

As far as Volk, Max could win. Credit to Volk he shut him down but he can't hurt him like Dustin. Max was turning it on later too. Rematch could definitely slide towards Max with a few adjustments specially against leg kicks which was most of Volk scoring

So what happens if Volk has staph and loses, we have to sit through this boring shit a 3rd time?

Volk is clearly ducking Korean Zombie, matchup style KZ sleeps Volk.

Meh. I doubt Max can make the necessary adjustments in time, on the other hand.. Even though I can admit that Volks performance was savvy as fuck, I never felt like a finish was on the table for either guy.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, but this rematch doesn't seem all that appealing

Love Max Holloway but him thinking he didnt lose to Max and Volk is BS. I dont know how guys jump directly into rematch with guys that recently beat them. It can be life changing if Max loses again

Huge fan and Im not ready to agree, but I can't deny this either. Max showed he's not great at adapting in fight.

He needs a different camp, but he won’t ever leave Hawaii.

Like Holloway said himself, he’s only 28. But he’s a stubborn 28 that hasn’t changed much at all in years

I kinda agree.he didn’t have anything for him the first time.
Volkanovski didn't have anything for Max Holloway either. I agree. In point fight sport, I think Volkanovski will probably win again. However, in my own scoring, the fight will most likely be inconclusive again.

What Max Holloway needs to do is to make the rematch very boring. When you fight a person who is just willing to sit back, let you come forward and counter, then you have to make the fight boring.

Volkanovski used Holloway's forward pressure against him. If I was coaching Max, in the rematch, we will sit back and use our reach to point fight. Jabs and leg kicks to score points. If Volkanovski wants to make it a dog fight, then let him.

I was actually suprised how dominate he was coming into being champ and after. He is a tall long guy who fights tactically/smart and keeps a steady pace with his boxing. He manages distance well and has great foot work as well as a great gas tank. But he isnt out there doing the most dynamic or diverse striking. He really isnt a ko threat. When i watch those aldo fights (specially the 2nd) it blows my mind how bad aldo got beat. Aldo had been champ for a decade and he was fighting like he had never seen anything like max. Which was head scratching to me because when i watch max i see a guy who is either gunna throw his jab, a one two, lead right and when he gets feeling froggy he throws a spinning back kick. Not the most diverse arsenal. Vs aldo all night it was just jab. One two.
Jab... one two. I think max is just that much bigger than jose. I agree though max is never beating alex who has the gas tank to go all day plus all the fight iq and footwork of max but with a full arsenal of striking at his disposal. Not just a jab and a one 2.

Volk is clearly ducking Korean Zombie, matchup style KZ sleeps Volk.

People really need to quit with this * ducking * nonsense. He currently has a broken hand and kz is also Injured i believe.

Not to mention Dana obviously wanted to give max the shot .. also why would kz get the shot .,? Yair beat him not long ago and has remained undefeated since.... so yair would be more deserving imo.

If volk didn't take the max fight people would be saying he's ducking max. If he fights kz he's ducking yair and max. Fights max he's ducking kz and yair.

It's absurdly obvious he's going to fight whomever the ufc decides because he's not ducking anyone lol.

Sorry kz is 3 from his last 5 and was stopped twice.

Back