Holloway is going to lose to Volkanovski again

Idk but if volk does it again I hope he does more than just jog around and throw leg kicks like last time. I dont think I've ever seen a contender dethrone a champ ina more boring fashion.

Why doesn't Max kick much?

What's the point of having that major height advantage if you're not going to fully utilize it?

Adding some teeps to the body and more of those oblique kicks (which worked great) against Volk would work wonders. He's absolutely not beating Volk with just boxing.

Max can try fighting longer like he did in the second Aldo fight. But he probably still going to lose.

He felt he won against Poirier???? Love Max but that's 48-47 Dustin at absolute worst and the 1st might've been 10-8. The only round Max clearly won was the 3rd. He got beat up badly

As far as Volk, Max could win. Credit to Volk he shut him down but he can't hurt him like Dustin. Max was turning it on later too. Rematch could definitely slide towards Max with a few adjustments specially against leg kicks which was most of Volk scoring
Max landed more strikes on Dustin in rounds 2,3 and4. Dustin rocked him in the first, but was never close to finishing him. The knee that opened him up made it look like a dominant performance. It was a razor-close fight according to the stats.

I kinda agree.he didn’t have anything for him the first time.
Max won that fight everywhere except the leg kicks. He outstruck him to the head and body. Volk just landed a crazy amount of leg kicks. If Max finds an answer to those leg kicks he wins the rematch pretty easily.

thinking back..
BJ lost his belt to Frankie, lost the rematch
Frankie lost his belt to Bendo, lost the rematch
Anderson Silva lost his belt to Weidman, lost the rematch and a leg
Aldo lost his second UFC belt to Max, lost the rematch
JJ lost her belt to Rose, lost the rematch
Ronda lost her belt to Holm, got immediate titleshot vs Nunes, got KTFO
Barao lost his belt to TJ, fought someone, then titleshot vs TJ again.. lost the rematch by TKO again

And those who reclaimed their belt..
GSP lost to Serra, fought Koschek & Hughes then fought Serra to reclaim the Belt.
Cain lost his Belt to JDS, won it back in rematch & defended in Trilogy
Stipe lost his Belt to DC, won it back in rematch & Trilogy has not happened yet..?

Odds are not in Max's favor here. He's past prime and is not in right frame of mind to be fixing mistakes from first fight.

Why doesn't Max kick much?

What's the point of having that major height advantage if you're not going to fully utilize it?

Adding some teeps to the body and more of those oblique kicks (which worked great) against Volk would work wonders. He's absolutely not beating Volk with just boxing.

Some of Volks hardest strikes came off of catching and countering Max's kicks. Max was also afraid of being taken down off a kick. He's always very careful like that against guys with a big takedown threat.

Last edited:
Max landed more strikes on Dustin in rounds 2,3 and4. Dustin rocked him in the first, but was never close to finishing him. The knee that opened him up made it look like a dominant performance. It was a razor-close fight according to the stats.

Not all strikes are equal. Dustins was clearly doing far more damage. The 3rd was the only clear Max round. At best u can give him the 4th as well.

Max won that fight everywhere except the leg kicks. He outstruck him to the head and body. Volk just landed a crazy amount of leg kicks. If Max finds an answer to those leg kicks he wins the rematch pretty easily.

Head strikes were close in a lot of rounds, and volk was landing a bit less to the head, but his punches seemed cleaner and had more behind them.

Not all strikes are equal. Dustins was clearly doing far more damage. The 3rd was the only clear Max round. At best u can give him the 4th as well.
Dustin was doing damage, but Max was close to finishing Dustin in the 3rd round. It was a close fight. No domination by Dustin. Dustin definitely won in my opinion, but it was close. If Max won the 5th round he would have won the fight.

Head strikes were close in a lot of rounds, and volk was landing a bit less to the head, but his punches seemed cleaner and had more behind them.
I don't remember him ever rocking Max. I just remember Max having no answer to the leg kicks. Nothing at all, like he was training with Nate Diaz.

Some of Volks hardest strikes came off of catching and countering Max's kicks. Max was also aftay of being taken down off a kick. He's always very careful like that again guys with a big takedown threat.
I suppose that's what seperates the great kickboxers from the good ones

The great ones know how to use feints to bring the hands high then fire their kicks.

I don't remember him ever rocking Max. I just remember Max having no answer to the leg kicks. Nothing at all, like he was training with Nate Diaz.

He didn't rock max--max didn't rock him either-- but in four of the five rounds he landed a similar amount of head strikes as max and it was often max who was backing away quickly after getting hit.

Back