House of Jamal Ben Sadik rauded by Belgium police

Because of the problems European kickboxing have had since the death of k1 I would not be surprised if a lot more of the well known European fighters have ties these days to organize crime then during k1's prime. Gerges has admitted to his organized criminal activity of distributing cocaine and being involved with high level criminal syndicates.

these kickboxers are pretty well known by the criminals and most of their social circles overlap. Because they are not making life changing money in kickboxing it is pretty easy to get them to start to do small things like provide security or collect money for these groups that over time leads to them being a full blown member of these criminal syndicates

In Escobar times, there was like 60 thousand hectares of coca planted in Colombia, now is more than 200 thousand hectares.

War against drugs is stupid.
The Colombians does not seem to complain so much anymore and the country nowadays is much safer. How can they plant more? The level of corruption is the same or bigger? This is not what the Americans tell us.

How do you rate it compared to Mexico? My friends were treated well in Colombia and told me the Colombians have a pro-Western culture, pro-Spain. Or at least some of them. With Mexico I had problems myself unfortunately.

I remember like it was yesterday when Andres Escobar died in 1994 because of the World Cup.

Because of the problems European kickboxing have had since the death of k1 I would not be surprised if a lot more of the well known European fighters have ties these days to organize crime then during k1's prime. Gerges has admitted to his organized criminal activity of distributing cocaine and being involved with high level criminal syndicates.

these kickboxers are pretty well known by the criminals and most of their social circles overlap. Because they are not making life changing money in kickboxing it is pretty easy to get them to start to do small things like provide security or collect money for these groups that over time leads to them being a full blown member of these criminal syndicates

I basically trust no one in kickboxing. <45>It is also known in the US the boxing promoters are crooks.

Why is everybody talking about drugs and war on drugs when they didn't find any drugs in possession of Ben Saddik and he's not accused of being part of a drug network?

Not trying to defend him here, he definitely got caught doing something illigal by possessing and probably selling encryption devices but so far there's nothing linking him directly to drugs.

Why is everybody talking about drugs and war on drugs when they didn't find any drugs in possession of Ben Saddik and he's not accused of being part of a drug network?

Not trying to defend him here, he definitely got caught doing something illigal by possessing and probably selling encryption devices but so far there's nothing linking him directly to drugs.
Because most of the other 47 arrested in Belgium and 73 in Netherlands arrested today are accused mostly of drug trafficking. This whole raid seems to be over Sky ECC encryption network being defeated and around a billion formally encrypted text messages are now in the hands of the authorities. They have used these messages to intercept drug deliveries to port of Rotterdam and as evidence to arrest all those people

Is this illegal per se?
I would imagine it is, especially since they are all tied into a big cocaine distribution operation. I don't know enough about the laws in those countries though.

I would imagine it is, especially since they are all tied into a big cocaine distribution operation. I don't know enough about the laws in those countries though.
Doesn't make sense to me because pretty much all our connections are encrypted unless there is something wrong with it. I can't see why selling encryption services or encrypted devices would be illegal. Although I don't exactly know about the rules nor how this sky ecc platform works. Maybe the arrest is more about him having sold it directly to criminals.

Is this illegal per se?

It's kind of in the grey. Sky ECC is a North American company providing those devices worldwide and also the main sponsor of Ben Saddik, but such devices are allowing massive criminal activities to take place with encrypted messages as the communication being used. So in a way it's allowing those criminal activities to stay undetected from the authorities, until of course they finally manage to decrypt them like they have now. Apparently Sky ECC is also being accused of being part of this criminal ecosystem which the company obviously denies.

So far the allegations against Ben Saddik is that he has such devices in his possession and is accused of having supplied / sold some. They will decide on Friday if he's let go or if he's being locked up.

Doesn't make sense to me because pretty much all our connections are encrypted unless there is something wrong with it. I can't see why selling encryption services or encrypted devices would be illegal. Although I don't exactly know about the rules nor how this sky ecc platform works. Maybe the arrest is more about him having sold it directly to criminals.

Most of your communications aren't encrypted to the authorities, they can access all your data and communications if they want to. You have to use special devices and/or networks to be fully encrypted in a way that the authorities cannot view what is being communicated. That's how a lot of the dark web works for instance.

Most of your communications aren't encrypted to the authorities, they can access all your data and communications if they want to.
As far as I know they can gain access to data through installing malware on the phone or through a backdoor from the service provider itself, or other methods, but very rarely through breaking the encryption.

Or just reselling these phones could be illegal? They say he is a "reseller". I am not an expert. But if I would be not guilty, I would really sue the state for mocking my image.

I mean, is it possible to arrest him now in this operation if he"s innocent? These authorities should care about defamation.

So far the allegations against Ben Saddik is that he has such devices in his possession and is accused of having supplied / sold some. They will decide on Friday if he's let go or if he's being locked up.

Once it will be decided if he is locked up or not, it"s something serious normally. Otherwise they would have called him to the headquarters for collaboration.

If he was really arrested. Because once you are arrested, there is evidence about your actions.

Everything I can find says it is not illegal to sell encrypted communication devices in Belgium.

I have found a couple of articles that say the Belgian authorities have had Sky ECC and some resellers are under investigation for basically knowingly selling these devices to these criminal networks.

From my pure speculation it appears most likely they have some messages from Sky ECC employees and some resellers basicity being asked how to use the device to cover illegal activity or being told how the devices will be used for illegal activity and still selling them.

Once it will be decided if he is locked up or not, it"s something serious normally. Otherwise they would have called him to the headquarters for collaboration.

If he was really arrested. Because once you are arrested, there is evidence about your actions.
He is really arrested. The hearing Friday is to decide if in the mean time while the case proceeds he will be let out of jail or will have to stay in jail until such as he is found innocent or servers the time imposed by trial

Doesn't sound like much of anything as such. If the authorities managed to compromise the network/devices then maybe they caught him on something shady. Guess JBS could have just been arrested along with other people so to not be able to hide evidence or something.

Ben Saddik wasn"t acquitted!!! 30 days more for Ben Saddik and 10 other suspects.

Last edited:
The Colombians does not seem to complain so much anymore and the country nowadays is much safer. How can they plant more? The level of corruption is the same or bigger? This is not what the Americans tell us.

How do you rate it compared to Mexico? My friends were treated well in Colombia and told me the Colombians have a pro-Western culture, pro-Spain. Or at least some of them. With Mexico I had problems myself unfortunately.

They plant more because it's highly profitable in comparison to other crops. There are many factors that can lead to an increased safety within the country, and I'd bet a big one is the disappearance of FARC, the Autodefensas and other paramilitary groups, which were active for decades.

The extreme violence that plagued Colombia moved house to Mexico to control supply routes, and most recently there have been discovieries indicating that Mexico is now producing coca.

Back